909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Scrapper Dupe (8.0.1)

Stumbled across this by accident. Haven't fully tested it, because I'm out of crap to scrap and I don't want to repeat it on my main account if it works reliably and consistently.

I'll outline the events that happened, and how I propose it may be reproduced.

Was in a dungeon queue and scrapping items in my bag. Dungeon popped mid way through scrapping, and I accepted it. As expected, when I finished the dungeon, the materials from the items that I didn't get to scrap were in my mailbox from the Postmaster. I collected the items from the mailbox.

Having a few items left to scrap from before and a few from the dungeon I just finished, I went to the Scrapper and put them in. Each item scrapped in that lot provided me with the same materials that I retrieved from my mailbox (in different quantities), PLUS all the materials from the items I was currently scrapping.

I believe the steps to reproduce would be the following:

• Have a bunch of items to scrap in your bag. I suppose 18 or more would work best.
    • Have them in your scrapper window, while in queue for a dungeon. Possibly battleground too. I don't know if the instance type has any effect on it.
    • Once you finish (or leave?) the dungeon, head to your mailbox and collect the scrapped materials from the Postmaster (not sure if this step is required.)
    • Head back to the scrapper and fill it with new items and scrap.

If this is consistent and not a one time bug, it should provide all the material types from the original scrapping job in varying quantities for each item in the current scrapper window, in addition to the materials from the current scrapping job.

Not wanting to give my proper screenshot for privacy reasons, I'll outline what the output looked like here with names and values changed, but you'll get the idea. Items scrapped in subsequent lots were greens. Most of these materials in that quantity should only be received from azerite blues, I believe? Not 100% sure. Some of these items were also not mail, so they shouldn't provide what they did.

Original Items Collected from Mailbox:
    2 x Deep Sea Satin
    9 x Mistscale
    14 x Hardened Tempest Hide
    4 x Tidespray Linen

Scrapper Item 1:
    3 x Deep Sea Satin
    10 x Mistscale
    5 x Hardened Tempest Hide
    6 x Tidespray Linen
    1 x Expulsom
    5 x Coarse Leather

Scrapper Item 2:
    4 x Deep Sea Satin
    14 x Mistscale
    6 x Hardened Tempest Hide
    3 x Tidespray Linen
    3 x Shimmerscale

Scrapper Item 3:
    2 x Deep Sea Satin
    8 x Mistscale
    10 x Hardened Tempest Hide
    13 x Tidespray Linen
    5 x Shimmerscale
    1 x Expulsom
    3 x Monelite Ore

Etc, etc.

Again. Unconfirmed, not one hundred percent sure. Just an odd observation that I thought may be worth further exploration. Could be totally wrong, could be a one time bug, or could be something cool. I don't know.

Have fun (possibly!) guys

Possible Scrapper Dupe (8.0.1)
    HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried with 10 skirmishes and it doesn't work for those. The rest of the items being scrapped just stays in your inventory. I'll try out dungeons later tomorrow.

3. Thanks bezerker08, Annaisha (2 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)