1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about WoW gold selling.

Hey everyone. I've never sold gold before in wow or any other game so I'm entirely new to this. I am currently sitting on a little over 3 million gold on one US server that I'm looking to sell it in the next few months. I have no idea how to go about doing this without being scammed. I understand that I am probably going to be expected to trade the gold before I receive the money so I'm pretty worried about being scammed or charged-back. I guess I'm just looking for any advice/wisdom from anyone who would like to share. Also, I had a few questions.

What are the most common types of payments people prefer?

Should I sell all my gold at once or try and do multiple transactions?

I have a second account, would it be safer to transfer the gold to that account and then sell my 2nd account entirely to ensure a safe transaction?

I imagine that one single trade would be safest, so should I wait until legion when the gold cap is 10m to sell it? (so i can do it in one trade) Or should I just buy items that my buyer lists on the AH?

Are there any trustworthy and relatively cheap services I can use to ensure a safe transaction? Like an Ownedcore recognzied middleman or something like that?

Thanks for reading and sorry if the information I've asked for is posted somewhere else on Ownedcore. I appreciate any feedback/answers/tips/personal experiences that anyone shares with me!

Thanks in advance,

Lahey

Questions about WoW gold selling.
    Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way is to contact a reputed buyer on the Trade Forums. Someone who does it for a living, and wants to buy your gold consistently if you are willing to do it that often, will more than likely inform you of a safer way to do the tasks required to supply them with the money.

Also, make sure you read this: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo-...must-read.html (Guide for Trading your World Of Warcraft account! MUST READ)

because some of it does apply to gold selling.

Related: I have contemplated selling my wow account, but I don't think it's worth that much. I have a few CE's but not really an achievement whore here. I have some rare ones, but I honestly have no real idea on what it's worth. I end up going back to it for a month when an expansion comes out anyway.
    Last edited by Veritable; 05-04-2016 at 05:34 PM.

3. Thanks Lahey (1 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    Lahey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response! I want to continue playing so I would only sell the 2nd account as a way to safely the sell gold b/c i think selling 3m to one person might be easily flagged. The second account is only used for bank space/guild banks anyways. And thanks for the link the that guide it is very informative. Do you have any buyers that you frequently use yourself?

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you go selling all your gold, let me tell you something. Generally speaking, the best way to sell, is to sell it retail. If you attempt to sell to a wholesaler, then you aren't going to get much. I just checked a wholesale marketplace, and found that 3M on US servers wholesales for around $230-$360 (slightly lower for EU servers). A glut in the market - where you have more then the market needs, is going to drive down the rates. Currently the companies offering the higher end on monies want 400k-800k in gold.

You will never be able to sell at retail rates, where a website is selling the gold, you should expect to sell for a bit less and even using "trusted" marketplaces is going to charge you a fee for selling some can be around 25%. So look for a selling price of around $800, and profit of around $600.

Hope it helps

6. Thanks Veritable (1 members gave Thanks to zycamzip for this useful post)