Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbanning bought "merged" account possible?

I got myself a couple decent "old unmerged" accounts back when they were available, got some stuff from them, but with Legion coming soon i figured i'd love to get access to them once again.

It's well known that majority of "unmerged" accounts get banned ~1 week or so after getting merged - question is, has anyone successfully unbanned one of them? Normal procedure would be "polite letter" saying how much you love wow and how you've never done anything wrong etc, but in this case i literally have no idea how this could be done (if it can at all).

So yeah, tl;dr - has anyone successfully gotten their "unmerged" merged wow account unbanned?

Unbanning bought "merged" account possible?
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were unmerged accounts getting banned? I have tons that have not been banned, they are getting banned without breaking any rules in game? I know that if you bot on them they got banned faster than normal.

Fatboost's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not. Alot of the accounts that were banned after they merged were flagged because people were merging 5 accounts onto one bnet. Then Blizz checked the original names and sdecided they didn't match. They let alot slip. I've tried a few times and the gm response has always been the original owners name of wow account xyz does not match the bnet owners name. Never pushed it because I have 2 bought accounts that weren't banned and two that were banned within 48 hours of merging

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Were unmerged accounts getting banned? I have tons that have not been banned, they are getting banned without breaking any rules in game? I know that if you bot on them they got banned faster than normal.
    I got banned on one unmerged account - after that every other one got Locked until I can provide an ID scan

Yukka's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    46/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merged 4 onto my bnet and none got banned. Guess I was lucky

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of my merged accounts ever got banned... you ONLY get them banned when you used those services that also provided you a temp. code to activate the game. They were usually compromised or illegitimately gotten codes, like stolen credit cards or something, so when you use the code, game is activated so you can login and accept the achievements and such, but within hrs to a week ou'll have them perma banned. If you merged the account and then paid for them with legitimate game time, they shouldn't have been banned.

I highly doubt you'll be able to reverse perma bans on this type of ban.

Devanh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    403Forbidden, add my skype

dnawlols's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 403Forbidden View Post
    I got myself a couple decent "old unmerged" accounts back when they were available, got some stuff from them, but with Legion coming soon i figured i'd love to get access to them once again.

It's well known that majority of "unmerged" accounts get banned ~1 week or so after getting merged - question is, has anyone successfully unbanned one of them? Normal procedure would be "polite letter" saying how much you love wow and how you've never done anything wrong etc, but in this case i literally have no idea how this could be done (if it can at all).

So yeah, tl;dr - has anyone successfully gotten their "unmerged" merged wow account unbanned?
    This might be an unrelated answer for you but I'd just like to caution you with your choice... The unmerged accounts can at any time be recovered by the original owner under specific circumstances/a GM can remove the license if they see what's going on. In fact the entire license will get moved and any transfers get reversed, still leaving it's achievements on your account however. To put it in perspective I think I was the only one to ever have this happen, and only once (atleast no one else had reported it happening[through precious]) so it may never happen to you ever. I figure i'd just give you a heads up before you dump time/money into it.

OT: unless you have proof of ID you won't be getting access to them. Haven't personally tried to recover any of them but I'd imagine it would be the case.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 18 of them and none of mine were banned, im in the eu thuogh and i think the us side were morse harsh when it came to banning them. As dnawlol said, they can be recovered by the original owner, meaning the accounts are in somebodys elses name even though they're on your bnet. I've never saw anyway of finding out the original owners name, so really you have nothing to work with to get them recovered.

I'd just chalk it up as lost.