Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone ever been banned for buying a carry with real money?

Just curious if anyone has ever been banned from buying a raid, challenge mode carry, etc with real currency? Thanks.

Anyone ever been banned for buying a carry with real money?
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there have been cases. PvP it is quite common and should go in with the mindset that you'll probably get disqualified if someone else logs onto your account. PvE is fairly rare, but still happens every now and then.

When it does happen, it's a lot more common when it's a pilot not they are not taking precautions - somebody from another country logging onto your account from a computer that's logged into many other accounts just to do a Raid/CM/Arenas/RBGs.

3. Thanks itzsujo (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    brokenconduit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the fast response. I am talking about a player who does not account share and only boosts in a PvE setting (CMs or HFC for example).

Jamzhorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brokenconduit View Post
    Thanks for the fast response. I am talking about a player who does not account share and only boosts in a PvE setting (CMs or HFC for example).
    In that case, literally zero risks as long as you don't talk about buying services like these in game.

brokenconduit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Even say the players were Europeans playing over a VPN on a US account, or even just a European player playing on a US account (Blizz could obviously check the IPs and get a good idea if it was a VPN, or if it was some where in Europe.)

Say you buy the run, never mention it in game, you get a random real ID request (from the person you bought it from), get invited to a party. Then say they had some PUGs in the group.. Say you were running a DK, and a PUG was a DK, all DK loot goes to you, the other pug DK gets pissed, inspects you, sees you in greens/heirlooms, etc and then reports you for 'getting carried'. Despite it is perfectly fine to pay for a carry with gold, if Blizzard did investigate the report, saw that you never traded any gold to anyone, and randomly got an real ID request / invite to a player who was playing from a suspicious IP.

Wouldn't that raise any flags, at all?

I know I'm stretching this a bit far, but this is what I am thinking about.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brokenconduit View Post
    Really? Even say the players were Europeans playing over a VPN on a US account, or even just a European player playing on a US account (Blizz could obviously check the IPs and get a good idea if it was a VPN, or if it was some where in Europe.)

Say you buy the run, never mention it in game, you get a random real ID request (from the person you bought it from), get invited to a party. Then say they had some PUGs in the group.. Say you were running a DK, and a PUG was a DK, all DK loot goes to you, the other pug DK gets pissed, inspects you, sees you in greens/heirlooms, etc and then reports you for 'getting carried'. Despite it is perfectly fine to pay for a carry with gold, if Blizzard did investigate the report, saw that you never traded any gold to anyone, and randomly got an real ID request / invite to a player who was playing from a suspicious IP.

Wouldn't that raise any flags, at all?

I know I'm stretching this a bit far, but this is what I am thinking about.
    getting carried is not a bannable offense..

obv he must have bought it.. 0 proof but c'mon.. c'mon.. he has to have bought it is not actionable intel..
    Thirsty Shameless Beg: LFW on Retail WoW US. Any Boosting Groups Looking For A Leveler I'm Very Interested! Please PM Me! 🤘😁🤘

8. Thanks itzsujo (1 members gave Thanks to Jaladhjin for this useful post)