Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to remove the loading screen picture?

And see how the world and your character is loaded into?

You could do that in games like Age of Conan and possibly even run around earlier then others could.

For example in Auchindoun after the 3rd boss (demon) dies, you see a cinematic and you can already walk blindly to the blue teleporter downstairs, which lets one know that the character's position is not fixed during a cinematic and maybe also not when your character gets teleported to an instance. Where he then appears and all else around him gets loaded into the world.

If this is possible and the loading screen picture removed, you might get advantages over other players.

The only case I know of which involves modifying the loading screen in any shape or form, was during Cata in which I found something about to be annoying (or was heavily immersed with something and want to replace them with my own art, cant recall correctly) and googled and found a topic in which a guy made it possible to change the picture. I had not executed it at that point and so lateron wanted to come back to this topic and never found the thread again.

Does anyone know more about all of this?

PS: In Age of Conan you could remove the entire loading screen or change the effect Funcom implemented that would the world fade in after the loading screen ended. Altering that to a value of 0 made the world pop in directly. This was not status quo ergo you could start ganking those players who did not modify their data before they noticed it and had any chance to react. Thought about alternatives in RBGs, arenas, etc in WoW...
    Last edited by crunk001; 10-01-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Is there a way to remove the loading screen picture?