0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recently got hacked and hacker left behind a ton of stuff

okay so long story short they did guild restore and my account ended up with a ton of boe epics (6/6 weapons/trinkets/various armors). What does guild restore have to do with anything? All my stuff in the two guilds on my toons ended up in my mail box.

I was wondering how likely i am to get banned if I've been actively selling the items? Passed few days I've been spamming trade and putting them up on ah, at around market value and have gotten around 800k gold so far

i also was wondering if i gave gold away or traded it away is it possible it'd disappear?

recently got hacked and hacker left behind a ton of stuff
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Open a ticket, explain to the GM what you have. If the GM says "keep it" you go and sell that shit and make bank. Otherwise the GM will clean up your bags for you and you'll feel safe either way.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

vito.gold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think they will ban you as you can just say "Hey my account was hacked and these stuff ended up in my mailbox I didnt need em so I sold em if there was any problem remove gold earned from this items I dont mind." I think you will get away with it as long as you sell it on more toons, trade for items you need, trade em over some point of time not everything in a week.

Hope this helped you out and good luck

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got hacked before I got an authenticator years ago.

Blizzard restored everything, plus some items I didn't have previously. I sold all of it without a second thought, and nothing came of it.

Sell away, you are fine.

HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you write to a GM then they will remove all the items and give back your items prior to being hacked. So I'd say don't write it to them. Keep the items and sell them. I once got hacked and got my account back with full professions on all characters, 250k gold and 350k in mats back in WotLK. I wrote to a GM and he gave me back my bad gear and my old bags with the 5k gold I had...

Koldhearted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no intention of telling a gm. I don't really play that much so getting banned isn't much of an issue to me.

I want to sell/trade the gold to fund other games that i play, just curious how likely a ban is

I've read up on things like this happening and mots stories i read say they never got banned

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sell it all. The gm isnt going to come checking incase he gave you to much stuff, most likely its an automated process anyway.

Enjoy your free stuff.

TheEnglishGuy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    20/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On steam people used to do a fake hijaking of their account. The steam support would restore their account, so they would get all their items back.
    When they faked the hijaking they would just send their items to a friend of them or to their second account. You would end up duping your items, since 1. You would have all your items on your second or friend's account 2. You would get all your items restored.

Could this method also be applied to WoW? Let's say you have a capped guild bank (999k) and fake your own hijaking. The gold will end up on your second account or an account of your friend.
    Go to a GM, get your account restored + guildbank, you duped your gold. $$$

Any thoughts about this?

Koldhearted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the other day in my mail that they also did a character restore, and in the mail was just all my junk that i had had on those two toons.

In the gm ticket they were posing as me and had claimed to have gotten hacked. When i was talking to a gm to get my account back they said that they could confirm it was me based on the location my IP was giving them, and knew that the other guy had an ip from a different area.

I also should mention that the "restored" items were JUST my junk, none of the boes were in there.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TheEnglishGuy

They track the account hacker, take everything from that account, and then ban all the accounts that gold and items went through.

@Everyone else
    I would guess that the account hackers, moved other items through your account as well, and the GM didn't bother to check which items were yours prior to the account hacking. So they restored everything, including items which weren't yours originally.