0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard's Policy and whats wrong with it PART ONE

I stayed up till 12:00 midnight reading the TOA and compiled a list of things i deemed unfair in their policies, if you didn't see a policy you don't like I will gladly add it to the list.

Blizzards World of warcraft policies and what is wrong with them.
    PART 1: the Terms of use

We have all heared of Blizzards weird policies, but have you read it all and thought

about it? Want something to shoot back at there face and say that doesnt make sense

when they E-mail you with a ban or something and use the TOA or EULA against you? im

here to help and I'll try to decifer all the weird and strange policies Blizzard has to

offer!

1: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERTHING THAT HAPPENS IN YOUR ACCOUNT.
    yes, you are responsible for everything that happens in your account, But this raises

another question, the policies also state you can have (1) more person play on that

account too, why must you be held responsible for something someone else did. I'm not

saying its a bad policy, it just needs to be re-writen.

2:THE USE OF THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
    "You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a

part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or

hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft

experience; (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise

collects information from or through World of Warcraft; or (iv) allows players who are

playing characters aligned with the "Alliance" faction to chat or otherwise communicate

directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the "Horde" faction, or

vice versa. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may update World of Warcraft with

authorized patches and updates distributed by Blizzard, and use authorized Third Party

User Interfaces as set forth in Section 13(g), below. "

Now wait a minute, there are a couple things wrong here! they expect you to only use

AUTHORIZED third party interfaces. What is classified as authorized? Blizzard can't

authorize the thousands of interfaces out there which gives them free-range rights to,

if they don't like you interface mod, to say it was not "authorized". Not very well

written policy.

3:NAMING POLICIES.

"Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including

without limitation a "Game Master"
    or any other employee or agent of Blizzard Entertainment" I thought you intentionally

impersonate people with your NPC's! For example "linken" is an obvious inpersonation of

"link" from the Legend of Zelda.

"Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., "Inyourface", "Welovebeef", etc); "

You are giving us no freedom.

" That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflcopter", "xxnewbxx", "Roxxoryou")"
    might as well ban everyone blizzard!

4: CHAT

This one is one that really doesn't make sense and exposes Blizzard to be sexist! There

is a story circulating around the internet that tell gamers that some people were

advertising a gay friendly guild and got banned for sexiul orientation. Blizzard needs

to actually READ there E-mail.

5: BLIZZARDS DIVINE RIGHT OF KINGS.

"Anything that Blizzard Entertainment considers contrary to the "essence" of World of

Warcraft." Basically this means Blizzard can ban you if they feel like it.

6: BLIZZARD READS YOUR COMPUTER.
    "A. WHEN RUNNING, THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLIENT MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM

ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING

CONCURRENTLY WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED

HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY

"ADDON" OR "MOD," THAT IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR

FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE WORLD OF

WARCRAFT INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED

BY BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS

INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. IN THE EVENT THAT WORLD OF WARCRAFT

DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, BLIZZARD MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION

BACK TO BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS

ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE

UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS

RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 6 OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER."

Basically Blizzard Can scan your RAM for anything they wish, which is a violation of

privacy.

That is all i could find at 12:00 at night but i would be happy to add any more

articles that may seem weird to you to the list! just remember Blizzard has a lot of

stupid rules we shouldn't have to live with!

Blizzard's Policy and whats wrong with it PART ONE
    ShortButStrong's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Blizzard's Policy and whats wrong with it PART ONE

yep, but becuase you agree to it, its all legal. any nice job with post, looks like a lot of work so +rep

amrican93

Yes very stupid rules we shouldn't have to live with.

WoWLegend's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah thats why i made it to show you the rules for what they are

amrican93

Stupid??
    Yea i have knowed that my whole life.
    My life started 1 and half years ago, you probably know why

Tenshi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by WoWlegend101
    yes, you are responsible for everything that happens in your account, But this raises

another question, the policies also state you can have (1) more person play on that

account too, why must you be held responsible for something someone else did. I'm not

saying its a bad policy, it just needs to be re-writen.
    You are responsible for their actions because YOU LET THEM PLAY.

It happens in the US Legal system too. Parents are punished for the actions of their children. They are held responsible for their actions because they had the responsibility to teach them not to do it. By the way, if you read the rules, that (1) person can only be a child of yours that is under the age of 18.

"You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a

part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or

hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft

experience; (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise

collects information from or through World of Warcraft; or (iv) allows players who are

playing characters aligned with the "Alliance" faction to chat or otherwise communicate

directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the "Horde" faction, or

vice versa. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may update World of Warcraft with

authorized patches and updates distributed by Blizzard, and use authorized Third Party

User Interfaces as set forth in Section 13(g), below. "

Now wait a minute, there are a couple things wrong here! they expect you to only use

AUTHORIZED third party interfaces. What is classified as authorized? Blizzard can't

authorize the thousands of interfaces out there which gives them free-range rights to,

if they don't like you interface mod, to say it was not "authorized". Not very well

written policy.
    All user interfaces made with World of Warcrafts LUA are authorized, as Blizzard has complete control over what those scripts are allowed to do.

"Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including

without limitation a "Game Master"
    or any other employee or agent of Blizzard Entertainment" I thought you intentionally

impersonate people with your NPC's! For example "linken" is an obvious inpersonation of

"link" from the Legend of Zelda.
    They are not impersonating Link. Link is not an actual person, he is not a GM, he is not a player. You're wrong, sorry.

"Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., "Inyourface", "Welovebeef", etc); "

You are giving us no freedom.
    This is their game and their private property. You have no freedoms in it so don't complin about a lack of them.

" That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflcopter", "xxnewbxx", "Roxxoryou")"
    might as well ban everyone blizzard!
    Funny, I've never seen a single person with any names like those. So apparently "everyone" doesn't include everyone.

This one is one that really doesn't make sense and exposes Blizzard to be sexist! There

is a story circulating around the internet that tell gamers that some people were

advertising a gay friendly guild and got banned for sexiul orientation. Blizzard needs

to actually READ there E-mail.
    Yes, and those players were unbanned, and received a formal apology. Apparently YOU need to READ the news. By the way, sexual orientation has nothing to do with sexism. Sexism is discrimination based on gender.

"Anything that Blizzard Entertainment considers contrary to the "essence" of World of

Warcraft." Basically this means Blizzard can ban you if they feel like it.
    Yep, that's their right. You are not entitled to play on their servers. If you do something they feel is against the spirit of their game, they will ban you for it. When you bought the game and subscribed to their service, you agreed to this, and gave them this right.

"A. WHEN RUNNING, THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLIENT MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM

ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING

CONCURRENTLY WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED

HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY

"ADDON" OR "MOD," THAT IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR

FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE WORLD OF

WARCRAFT INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED

BY BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS

INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. IN THE EVENT THAT WORLD OF WARCRAFT

DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, BLIZZARD MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION

BACK TO BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS

ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE

UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS

RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 6 OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER."

Basically Blizzard Can scan your RAM for anything they wish, which is a violation of

privacy.
    It is only a violation of privacy if this information is shared with 3rd parties. You gave them permission to do the above, and as long as they do not share information gained from this with 3rd parties, without your consent, it is not a violation of your privacy. Sorry.

That is all i could find at 12:00 at night but i would be happy to add any more

articles that may seem weird to you to the list! just remember Blizzard has a lot of

stupid rules we shouldn't have to live with!
    Rules are made with a purpose. If you don't agree with them, then don't use their software, or don't complain when you're punished.

Your choice.

WoWLegend's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules arent always good rules, blizzards policy isnt the best either these policies dont let there customer service help ppl trust me even if i ask why one npc is coloured green they cant tell me. note: you said all UI mods are approved by blizzard? no not all, their are UI mods that can gather info about WoW your not suppose to know. also you said i misinterpreted the sexial orientation thing because i said sexism, i was up till midnight doing this so i was tired alright? and you said that I was wrong when I said they broke there own naming policy by using a reference to link? that was example trust me there are real people they make reference too. and you said it wasnt a violation of privacy with the warden thing? yes it is because now THEY know whats on your computer! do you really think a big corporation knowing all your companies data or whatnot is not a invasion of privacy?

Now I know your trying to put me in my place by saying i agreed to this, yes i did agree to this but that doent mean i have to like it! I'm just showing there rules for what they are! Please be understanding that you need to think outside the box to know what im saying here.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules arent always good rules, blizzards policy isnt the best either these policies dont let there customer service help ppl trust me even if i ask why one npc is coloured green they cant tell me.
    Possibly because it's plot related and they don't want to give up secrets?

note: you said all UI mods are approved by blizzard? no not all, their are UI mods that can gather info about WoW your not suppose to know.
    Any information obtainable by UI Mods using Blizzards LUA Script is ALLOWED to be known.

also you said i misinterpreted the sexial orientation thing because i said sexism, i was up till midnight doing this so i was tired alright?
    No problem.

and you said that I was wrong when I said they broke there own naming policy by using a reference to link? that was example trust me there are real people they make reference too.
    If you notice, none of their characters have the -actual- names of the sourec they were taken from. Had they never made a character named Larion and Muigin, you could have done that yourself and not gotten in trouble for it. You could have made a gnome named Linken and again, not have gotten in trouble for it. Had you named your characters Mario and Luigi, or Link, that would have been a problem.

and you said it wasnt a violation of privacy with the warden thing? yes it is because now THEY know whats on your computer! do you really think a big corporation knowing all your companies data or whatnot is not a invasion of privacy?
    All information that Warden sniffs out is Hashed. A hash is a one way encryption. Something that is hashed, can not be unhashed.

For example, if they found this.
    CC# 5555-5555-5555-5555

The only thing they would see is this.
    979d278347fa607055caf65aae04d1e2

Which can not be turned back into the first. (That's an MD5 hash, however the hash they use is probably of their own design.)

Now I know your trying to put me in my place by saying i agreed to this, yes i did agree to this but that doent mean i have to like it! I'm just showing there rules for what they are! Please be understanding that you need to think outside the box to know what im saying here.
    No, it doesn't mean you have to like it. However to understand you I shouldn't have to think outside the box.

Make sure your claims are based on sound reasoning.

Ark's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i have a level 60 named axinyoface
    and another 60 rouge named swiftgank

also i had a toon named mikehawk (my ****) for a long time and gms never made me change it

so they are lagging a bit on the name part
    "Alright Chums, Lets do this! LEEEEROYY JENKINS!!!"
    proud member of Snitchstianity

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Ark
    lol i have a level 60 named axinyoface
    and another 60 rouge named swiftgank

also i had a toon named mikehawk (my ****) for a long time and gms never made me change it

so they are lagging a bit on the name part
    GMs rely on Warden and other players to do the enforcement for them.

They don't actively go out and find rule breakers.

You still have those names because no one has reported you

Elites360's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Blizzard's Policy and whats wrng with it PART ONE

the rules arnt good.

But dont swear either

blueorange's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, some of the rules are a bit farfetched, but don't go shooting your mouth of just because YOU dont like them, advice, accept the rules, they mean it in good content, play by the rules, you will never get banned, and stop thorwing a tantrum like a petulant child all because you don't like it.

Note: Blizz COULD ban you if they felt like it, it is their game, BUT they are not allowed to ban people withought a valid reason, i mean if you were a Blizz employee in court I dont think the judge would be impressed when you said "I banned that player cos i felt like it" people are paying to play this game, and banning someone for an invalid reason would get them in a lot of trouble with the law, and that contradicts with part of your post.

Sramota's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see here...
    How about you stop taking things out of context like that?
    It helps in not looking like an idiot...

And I quote:

"You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you. You are liable for all uses of the Account."

Just as with everything else you're responsible for your child...
    Yeah I know, it's stupid that people actually have totake responsibility..

Authorized is classed by it being used and shared by Blizzard,
    aka everything they don't spred is not authorized.

If you have a point here, spit it out.

You get jumped by Blizzard for having any sexually relating preference, so what's up?
    They want to keep their 'T' rating, and will make it so.

Correct. Just as you can kick anyone out of your house if you would feel so.

This is not a violation, as no data is sent.
    They can scan as much as they want without breking any laws, as long as no personal information is sent, which it isn't.
    Warden just flags you for using third-party software or not,
    without sending any information gathered.
    And that, is not against any law.

So, if you got any actual problem which hasn't been debated before,
    feel free to cough it up.
    This is, however, just jibberish.