[PHP]  World of Warcraft (Browser RPG) - Hiring developers and bright minds alike! menu

User Tag List

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

[PHP] World of Warcraft (Browser RPG) - Hiring developers and bright minds alike!

I'm going to start building a World of Warcraft "Browser" style RPG that takes live statistics from your armory and incorporates it into my RPG's gameplay. It will be a neat game during server maintenance or at work. If anyone has some neat things they'd like to see, let me know. This will be a game you play on your browser, it will not affect anything in the actual blizzard entertainment game. (it will be similar in game style to Mobsters, Mobwars etc but use your real characters data)

Some ideas I've had so far:
    - PVP: Queue into someone with similar stats as yourself. It will pull your live armory stats. I'll build a weight/gage system that's not giving elite players an advantage

- Pet battles. Yes, I can actually build a "mock" version of pet battle system. It's very simple, but without the animations.

- Our own raids/boss fights. Join a browser raid against a boss. More people from your guild/friendslist you can find, the bigger the bosses you can take on. Rewards will be bonuses on the website.

This are slim ideas I've had so far. I need some more ideas
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

[PHP]  World of Warcraft (Browser RPG) - Hiring developers and bright minds alike!
    yoyoyo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't blizzard like to intervene these kinds of sites? I remember someone making a Hearthstone in-browser knockoff and they had to cancel due to Blizzard intervening

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    Doesn't blizzard like to intervene these kinds of sites? I remember someone making a Hearthstone in-browser knockoff and they had to cancel due to Blizzard intervening

They don't want you building exact replicas that emulate their game styles. I'm merely building with their data, they allow it here:

Third-Party API Usage Policy - Forums - World of Warcraft

I should be alright to build something small. I'll start with the pet battle system. If they c&d that, i'll stop.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe add in professions? I don't know if its possible, but you could add in clicker type minigames to "farm" stuff

yoyoyo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Avcai View Post
    you could add in clicker type minigames to "farm" stuff
    Profession clicker, same as Cookie Clicker but replace cookies with herbs/nodes and each booster with WoW shit - Peons, Mist-Piercing Goggles, Chinese gold farmer...etc.

BlueAura's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This actually sounds really cool. I'll have a think and post ideas