Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you deal with a massive auction house botter?

Making gold now since i was able to level to 60 and boost my character for free professions.

The only problem is whilst im still making gold im being massively hindered by a guy botting the AH for 19-22 hours a day non stop whilst getting achis in the few hours hes not posting for.

As im new to the server and dont have enough gold to just out post him and i only have a small amount of stock compared to his stacks im not sure what to do,

Any help?

How do you deal with a massive auction house botter?
    Razor33's Avatar Legendary Professional Gold Dealer
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    106/74
    Trade Feedback
    151 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't use any exploits or bots yourself ( "honor among thieves" ) and if you are like 100 % sure he is an AH bot report him ?

If those numbers are real .. well I most say I don't know anyone able to play 19-22 hours per day continuously for more than few days , not even the most hardcore players I ever knew in 8 years of WoW o.O , unless is two or more people playing on the same account .. and yes I encountered very few situations where all were thinking is a bot but it was always someone there at the PC.
    Last edited by Razor33; 06-22-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    WTS gold on EU Auchindoun / Jaedenar / Dunemaul --> Alliance and Horde ! Very cheap !

vakor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy his stock out, and repost with extremely larger profit, it sucks at the start of it, but it also increases the prices on the market in his Auctioneer/TSM, then when he reposts after a couple days just undercut him back to what you bought it for. I have done this many times. Its like sex-panther cologne, it works 60% of the time Everytime.

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vakor View Post
    Buy his stock out, and repost with extremely larger profit, it sucks at the start of it, but it also increases the prices on the market in his Auctioneer/TSM, then when he reposts after a couple days just undercut him back to what you bought it for. I have done this many times. Its like sex-panther cologne, it works 60% of the time Everytime.
    As i said in OP im new to the server and it looks like he has an absolute ass ton of stock and i have barely any stock or gold :P

And i have my doubts about that working in this situation as glyphs have an insanely low crafting cost ^^

Originally Posted by Razor33 View Post

If those numbers are real .. well I most say I don't know anyone able to play 19-22 hours per day continuously for more than few days , not even the most hardcore players I ever knew in 8 years of WoW o.O , unless is two or more people playing on the same account .. and yes I encountered very few situations where all were thinking is a bot but it was always someone there at the PC.
    One of the days where he was at 22 hours active he had 1 hour of inactivity at 4am and one at 6am, im guessing it ran out of stuff to sell or nobody had undercut it because nobody was online xD im pretty sure its a bot but like you said always the possibility of it being a person who just doesn't sleep, Lots of odd people out there i guess D:
    Last edited by Nevodark; 06-22-2014 at 01:16 PM.

jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of posting your stuff on AH to undercut him and then he undercuts you,
    Sell on trade chat since you will be lower then his AH prices.

Also if you think it's a bot you can actually make more gold off them I love when I come across one.

Example

I usually buy ghost iron ore 30-35g a stack and I always sit at AH checking how many stacks have been added and every time I see 300+ stacks from the same person it's obviously someone who's been botting.

As they use auctionator the bot will always undercut the single price of 1 ore by 10 silver.
    So what I do I usually add like 200 stacks of 1 ghost iron ore for like 20 silver making it 1 stack of 20 for 4G.
    After this I will keep refreshing the ah to see if his added his stacks back up and 9 out of 10 times the bot does meaning I bought 300+ stacks at 4g each and I could either resell at 30-35g each or prospect them for higher profit.

Downside is sometimes players will buy out your stacks of 1 but sometimes it's worth it even if you do lose the 5 stacks or so you uploaded

Maybe give that a go
    Last edited by jimmyamd; 06-24-2014 at 09:52 PM.