Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

[Honorbuddy] Professional Ex-Botter AMA (ask me anything)

Currently taking ALL custom and simple ProfessionBuddy profile requests. Just leave a comment on the thread. I'll complete it and post it in a reserved comment link.

Hi guys! I was a professional botter for 4+ years. I currently have 20 level 90's, 5 x level 25 guilds. I've been gold capped on several accounts as well as literally paid rent with money I earned from gold for a year straight.

I've moved to NYC with a big boy job. So botting has slowed down for me (not a lot of time to babysit or build custom profiles/learn the economy).

I'm here to open my knowledge up to you all.

I've only been banned once, it was for using an old elite exploit from these forums. I had to start my empire from the ground up. I had 40 level 85's at that time. They banned 3 of my accounts.

I'd love to answer some questions regarding current and old botting methods. I still bot, but nothing like I used to.

I've develop custom profiles and combat routines. Ask away

This thread is open to all botters alike. Please share experiences, add stories of your own. I'm here to help make your botting experience a positive one.

I opened this thread back up by popular demand. Bring on the questions for 5.4.7! Let's talk about WoD.

Hi, I'm SniffingPickles.

*Disclosure: You are under no circumstances permitted to contact me outside of this site. I do not offer private coaching or lessons. Any help you seek, I will give as detailed answers as I can on this thread. I am here to help everyone, if you have a question I want everyone to know the answer.

Building ProfessionProfiles (in progress):

Ethereal Shard shuffle:

Buy Ethereal Shards from the AH -> Ethereal Shatters them into Mysterious Essence -> Drops them on the AH -> repeat();

The way it works;

1 Ethereal Shard (on my server) = 23g

SHATTER

3 x Mysterious Essence (on my server) = 36g (12g each)

This bot will just keep repeating doing this over and over.

Settings:

Please start bot in Dalaran.

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?394tmy1to70c770 - v1.0 - enchanters only
    https://www.mediafire.com/?034akfugprvht12 - v1.1 - if you're a tailor too, it crafts embersilk bags for shuffle profit

Please report bugs on this thread.

Last edited by ev0; 03-31-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

[Honorbuddy] Professional Ex-Botter AMA (ask me anything)
    Thaadevil's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you LOW5 and not MEDIUM5? :3

T0mm's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any tips on how i can do some easy gold. not much, just for Personal use. as i have no need to sell shitload of gold or have gold cap. just a slow and steady income.

Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing a lot of research into botting lately but i haven't yet been able to find a good source of information on how to do it "correctly" and start botting myself.. I would like to know how you were able to bot for all those years and earn so much gold?

Was there a certain way you would bot, certain times, certain places? And also what are the most current "prosperous ways in botting at the moment"?

What is your most trust and favorite bot to use?

Cheers man,
    Mulstarr.

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by T0mm View Post
    Any tips on how i can do some easy gold. not much, just for Personal use. as i have no need to sell shitload of gold or have gold cap. just a slow and steady income.

Don't look to far away from old methods that worked for gold. Hit up the AH and check the prices for old world enchanting mats. People need to level professions still. I own the infinite dust market on my server, I make about 50g/stack of 20. Just from saronite ore shuffling.

Originally Posted by Mulstarr View Post
    I've been doing a lot of research into botting lately but i haven't yet been able to find a good source of information on how to do it "correctly" and start botting myself.. I would like to know how you were able to bot for all those years and earn so much gold?

Was there a certain way you would bot, certain times, certain places? And also what are the most current "prosperous ways in botting at the moment"?

What is your most trust and favorite bot to use?

Cheers man,
    Mulstarr.

Best thing I've learned from botting is "Bot against the masses". Before you grab your farmers to set them up for a few hours. Do a quick /who "AREA" to see who else is there. Always look out for DKs, Druids and Pallies. Most common classes to bot with because of the increase movement speeds and instant flying mount (druids).

If you have some money to invest, best method of farming imo is to shuffle your own raw mats. Herb/Mine -> Craft items -> either disenchant or sell the proc'd left overs. I always stay away from the glyph market. Use herbs for flasks. Everyone needs flasks, less people will need to buy a new glyph. But everyone has their niche.

My favorite bot is Honorbuddy. Truly the ONLY bot to use for safety and developer flexibility.

Loque's Avatar Site Donator The Funkmaster CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/27
    Trade Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question, i want to level a druid possibly from scratch or from a SoR, what is the best way to do it? Grind (Bot) then do BG's and dungeons (manually) or use different questing profiles?

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Another question, i want to level a druid possibly from scratch or from a SoR, what is the best way to do it? Grind (Bot) then do BG's and dungeons (manually) or use different questing profiles?
    Depends on faction:

Horde: I can do 1-50 questing, using kicks + a few tweaks to turn off certain settings. From 50-60 I either bgbuddy (since god help me if i go near blasted lands), or if it's a healer type, I can do dungeon buddy (except LBRS, that bugs out when the jump happens). From there in BC area, questing works well, I do mixed mode to give me some honor for level 70 pvp off pieces. 70-80 is a questing breeze, make sure to have some gold and big bags, pause the bot to completely sell everything (you get a lot of cloth in northrend). 80-82 I do hyjal questing, I get ganked a lot bug it's the fastest way. 83-85 I use dungeon buddy + questing (only if it's a dps/healer). 85-90 now that it's 33% less exp, I can quest/bg the whole way to 90 without a problem. I do stop to change the questing profiles but since bg buddy is going too, it's no real downtime.

(i'll do alliance if you really want, but it's almost identical)

valor1312's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 questions,
    first- with 3 accounts I'm making 20k a day just CODing raw mats, good? bad? should i learn to shuffle? is it that much more profitable?

second- how do you go about finding private buyers? or did you just stick with Chinese buyers?

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by valor1312 View Post
    2 questions,
    first- with 3 accounts I'm making 20k a day just CODing raw mats, good? bad? should i learn to shuffle? is it that much more profitable?

second- how do you go about finding private buyers? or did you just stick with Chinese buyers?

Take half of your raw mats and shuffle it. See what you get, or calculate based on a weeks worth of AH scans.

Finding private buyers is difficult. I honestly just sold to guildies and "friends". At the end of an RBG or raid, i throw out a "I sell gold for $x/1k let me know if you want any" over skype/vent. Most of the time they're pugs and forget, but that 1 out of 100 people will normally buy a decent amount. I can't recommend selling to gold selling websites. They're looking for a quick buck as well as don't honestly give a shit about the seller (not Ket of course). Always go with your gut and take the paypal fee against you. It helps in the dispute should they ever chargeback.
    Last edited by ev0; 06-20-2013 at 11:14 PM.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you use a VPN when you were botting? If so, which one was it? Free, or paid?

Would doing RaF on one account to level 4 80's, then xferring those 4 80's each to separate accounts and leveling them 80-90 then botting catch Blizzard's attention?

How many 90's would you recommend per realm? As in, if I have four accounts with one 90 each, should they be all on the same realm, 2 on one realm, 2 on another, or all split up?

I've recently had luck with a certain profile for Gatherbuddy that would mine/herb in Pandaria, hearth to SW, sell ores/herbs on the AH, fly to the pandaria portal, take it back there, and then continue mining/herbing. Would you recommend such a profile, or should I just go a basic Max NPH one?

Would it be more wise to sell the raw materials directly on the auction house, or to a private buyer? If private buyer, how would I go about finding one? Or, should I refine the materials?

Same b.net account or different for separate accounts?

What is the maximum amount of items you would recommend posting on the Auction House daily?

Does Blizzard monitor player-sent mail as much as they monitor the Auction House? I understand it'd be foolish to post 200 stacks of ore/herbs a day on the AH, but what about mailing to a private buyer?

Lastly, any special tips/tricks you would like to share?

Thanks for all the answers!

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    Did you use a VPN when you were botting? If so, which one was it? Free, or paid?

Would doing RaF on one account to level 4 80's, then xferring those 4 80's each to separate accounts and leveling them 80-90 then botting catch Blizzard's attention?

How many 90's would you recommend per realm? As in, if I have four accounts with one 90 each, should they be all on the same realm, 2 on one realm, 2 on another, or all split up?

I've recently had luck with a certain profile for Gatherbuddy that would mine/herb in Pandaria, hearth to SW, sell ores/herbs on the AH, fly to the pandaria portal, take it back there, and then continue mining/herbing. Would you recommend such a profile, or should I just go a basic Max NPH one?

Would it be more wise to sell the raw materials directly on the auction house, or to a private buyer? If private buyer, how would I go about finding one? Or, should I refine the materials?

Same b.net account or different for separate accounts?

What is the maximum amount of items you would recommend posting on the Auction House daily?

Does Blizzard monitor player-sent mail as much as they monitor the Auction House? I understand it'd be foolish to post 200 stacks of ore/herbs a day on the AH, but what about mailing to a private buyer?

Lastly, any special tips/tricks you would like to share?

Thanks for all the answers!

I'll answer all this tomorrow. Heading to bed. You brought up a lot of great points I want to cover with course detail

//edit - i'm at work now. time to answer

- VPN's are dangerous. It's like walking into a bank with a mask on. Your intentions may not be to rob the place, but everyone who works there will notice you.

- RaFing + diluting the account doesn't redflag them unless there's an issue with payment. They just made a heap of money off you. Remember, when you xfer the toons onto separate accounts, you still have to buy all the xpacks again.

- I have 7 x 90's per realm at the moment + 1 of my mains. I actually bot scenarios in my own guilds. 1 tank, 1 dps and 1 disc priest. I generate tons of gold from guild challenges + leveling the guild 5 1/2 % per scenario.

- I recommend you keep using that profile BUT generate your own "random" profiles to go with it. Switch it up. Do some dailies or something in between

- The AH is always a good place to put your leftovers. I normally trade bark to find buyers. They buy in bulk and allow me some "proof" of interaction, so i'm not 100% botting.

- Same bnet is fine. Never had an issue

- I recommend a MAXIMUM of 100 total AH's per day. only if you sell all 100. From my experience, posting tons of auctions where only 30% sells, fills up my mailbox and it's a pain to deal with + posting new auctions.

- As far as I can tell, sending mail to players is not really monitored closely. I never played with that, be careful though.

- Tips/Tricks: Learn basic profile building syntax. Open up the world (of warcraft) to your botting needs by taking apart profiles and seeing how it works. I learned a lot from seeing other developer methods.

Sorry if this was not the best answer I could give, at work...hard to not get in trouble. If you need more detail, just reply and I'll break it down.
    Last edited by ev0; 06-21-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Bearkin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SoRs are being instantly banned until you can provide original account owner ID, I wouldn't touch these.

KRSjr's Avatar Knight-Champion CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is honor buddy what you suggest using for anyone starting out?

I botted for years in highschool, but im sure alots changed and im curious if there the best place to start back up

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KRSjr View Post
    Is honor buddy what you suggest using for anyone starting out?

I botted for years in highschool, but im sure alots changed and im curious if there the best place to start back up
    In regards to support, perfection and overall logical AI. This bot is the bee's knees. I recommend this for any start up botter
    Last edited by ev0; 06-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Braxis's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much gold did you make a month? how much did you sell the gold for on average? Just curious.

Page 1 of 22 12345 ... LastLast