0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some advice for account merging

Alright so not really sure what other forums I can ask this on, and you guys seem like the best informed on subjects like this. Anywho, heres the deal. My brothers been helping me a lot over the past year or so with my world of warcraft account, and I'd like to reward him by moving his world of warcraft license over to my battle.net. I have a couple of questions surrounding this whole process, and would love any and all help you guys can give me.

First off, am I correct in thinking that we shouldn't have too many issues with merging? Both of our battle.nets are under the same last name, and I'd assume home address. The first name and billing info would be the only different information, but a simple call to billing with a decent story could fix this, correct? I could even shift both accounts to the same credit card for a month if needed.

Secondly, what kind of risk would my account be in for doing this? My main issue is that he bots on occasion, whereas I would never so much as swear on my own account. If he ever gets suspended/banned, would I be affected? One of my friends was telling me that these suspensions aren't shared across battle.nets, and botting isn't even grounds for a permanent suspension anymore. This is my primary concern right here.

Lastly, what kind of cons can you guys see to this system? Would blizzard send us a ban if they saw us both playing at the same time doing things that obviously couldn't be dual boxed? I know we'd also have to clear out our realids other than close people, and our whispers could get jumbled at times (from personal experience running multiple accounts). Also, I realize only one of us could pet battle at a time. Other than these issues, can you guys see anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for all help! Greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone has tips on what to tell him to make the merge as smooth as possible, please let me know!

Need some advice for account merging
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are this will not happen.

I have two separate Battle.net accounts completely under my name with 100% exactly the same details and Blizzard will not merge them no matter how many times I try.

Your best bet if Blizzard do not merge them, since WoW is on sale at the moment in the US at least, would be to buy a new account for $35 (Battle Chest -> MoP), then transfer his characters onto it.

Now if they do get merged and he bots, there is a chance your account will be at risk, as they are under the same Battle.net account. However, Blizzard generally only ban the offending World of Warcraft licence if they decide to ban. But we do not know what goes on behind the scenes. The whole Battle.net account may be flagged. Nobody really knows except those who work there.

Keep in mind however, what you are doing (multiple people using same Battle.net) is against the EULA and Terms of Use, so if you are caught, you risk getting every account banned.