Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sold gold. Is this email real or fake?

Greetings,

We have determined that the World of Warcraft account XXX has been accessed/compromised by someone not authorized to do so by the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (Blizzard Entertainment: Blizzard Legal Documentation).

To protect your privacy and security, we have temporarily disabled this account. Any recurring subscriptions have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges. In order to regain access to the account, you must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.

Please keep this email for your reference until the account recovery process has been completed.

STEP 1: SECURE THE ACCOUNT, YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

We highly recommend that you follow the below steps to protect yourself and the account from unauthorized third party access.
    - Use up-to-date firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware software to scan your system regularly for viruses, Trojans, and key-loggers.
    - Keep your operating system and other software up-to-date and be careful when downloading new software.
    - Be wary of "spoof" and scam websites and e-mails that pose as Blizzard Entertainment and request account or personal information. As a reminder, Blizzard Entertainment representatives will *never* ask you for your password.
    - Keep your login information confidential. Account access can only be shared with one minor of whom you are the parent or guardian. Sharing access with anyone else is a violation of the game's Terms of Use. You are also responsible for every use of an account on which you are listed as the registered player, whether the use was authorized or not.
    - Use separate, unique passwords for your email, World of Warcraft, and any other online accounts.
    - Change your passwords regularly and keep World of Warcraft account information updated using the Account Management page at http:// www.battle.net/account

For additional security tips and information, please visit the following sites:
    - Account Security: Blizzard Support
    - Unauthorized Account Access Policy: Blizzard Support
    - World of Warcraft Account Security: Blizzard Support

If you are looking for an added layer of security, we currently offer the Blizzard Authenticator, an optional device that can help prevent unauthorized account access. For more information about how the Authenticator works or how to add one to a World of Warcraft account, please visit the Blizzard Authenticator FAQ at Blizzard Support.

STEP 2: RECOVER THE ACCOUNT

We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please go to this site and follow the instructions:
    Blizzard Support

STEP 3: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED

We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account continues after the recovery process is complete, it may lead to further action against the account. For more information, please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (Blizzard Entertainment: Blizzard Legal Documentation).

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft
    -------------------------------------------------------
    I sold gold (12.000g for a gamecard, not real money.) to this guy (I've done this 3 times before, and with at least one month distant from each other) like 3 days ago. And today I received this email and got my account locked.

Is this email related to selling gold?
    If so, is it easy to solve?

Thanks.

I sold gold. Is this email real or fake?
    Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone outside your IP range tried to access your account.

Or that is what it seems like.

OFFTOPIC: 12k for a 60d gtc? Oo
    Super Unicum

demerda's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 12k for a 60d. Is it too much? lol

Well, I don't have a choice anyway xD

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy way to check if this is real is to see if your account is disabled as the email says.

demerda's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes , it is. In fact, I only checked my email because of it.

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent you a PM regarding something, please check
    Super Unicum

GuitarGuy822's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you trade 12k gold for a 60 day card i would trade 20k for a 60 day card every month
    Loved Members:

Keo is back
    Xronis

Timmid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You weren't banned because of the gold. Your account was locked because someone else from another IP was trying to get in (someone said it before).

Go to Blizzard Support (or the link in your email if you don't trust mine) and then you're good to go.

I hope you have an authenticator of some kind too.

A common mistake people make is they give the same email as the battle.net account to the gold sellers so that they can contact you. I recommend making a spam email at gmail.com or use Mailinator - Let Them Eat Spam! for gold related or just random transactions like that.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Timmid; 05-22-2011 at 01:23 PM.