Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cataclysm at a Glace - My Review of Cataclysm

Cataclysm at a Glance

Well let’s start with me first, not to sound conceded or anything, haha! I’ve always played alliance, usually a human warlock, and WoW got boring for me about last Febuary, right after the Lich King was finally able to killed! So, I canceled my subscription and moved on, busy with other things and not really looking back. Before that I played for about 3 or 4 years, since right after 2.3.0 launched! Anyways I’m starting to digress… It’s been a while since I’ve played, and I got the itch to check out cataclysm a few days back, so I activated the ten day trail on my account, and figured I’d go to town!

Going Back in Feet First

I thought I’d start off fresh, and get my bearings, that way I could get a fresh look at cataclysm, and provide a nice review as I go along. I then thought to myself “Self, what would be better than to start off a worgan, a warlock to be specific, after all, that is my favorite class!”.
    So I started my worgan, and right away I noticed how fun and interesting these quests were, and how much I liked the way they showed the story progressing. I also noticed extensive use of phasing, which they have down to a science now over at blizzard. I feel that it really enhanced the play, and made it feel seamless. Right off the bat I found out that these quests were loads of fun, and pretty unique compared to what I had seen before. I’ve noticed a pleasant lacking in the “grind and gather” quests, where all you have to do again and again is “Go kill 50 zorgob matriarchs” then “Go kill 40 zorgob patriarchs and bring back their necklaces” . The few that were there had been spiced up with other mechanics, and I really enjoyed them. The assault on Gilneas city was a really engaging quest too, as were the quests leading up to the evacuation and ending of the starting quests as a whole. Now at this point, my worgan is in Darnassus, and I don’t not like Darnassus, but it’s not my favorite area, so I’ve decided to take a break on my worgan for a bit.

Returning to Familiar Lands

Since my main character and my alt are both humans, I know the old starting content pretty well, so naturally in order to see how much has changed, I’d go and start a new human! I made a human hunter, and right from the start I really enjoyed the start even more than I had ever before, although once I got to goldshire I noticed a lot of older quests, which was still pretty nice I guess. Once I got into Westfall I really noticed the change, and I liked it! The quests really give a good feel for what’s happening in the world, and you can get some good chuckles out of them too! I know I enjoyed them a lot, and the fact the blizzard is weaving some humor into their quests is really nice. Well I guess I’ll post again once I get a bit further in!

Cataclysm at a Glace - My Review of Cataclysm