Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft Patch 4.0.1 PTR now live for testing!

World of Warcraft Patch 4.0.1 PTR now live for testing! This is THE big pre-Cataclysm patch - what are you waiting for?

4.0.1 Public Test Realm Now Active!By fewyn on 09/11/2010 at 8:20 PM Pacific
    Blizzard has just launched the 4.0.1 Public Test Realms! This patch will introduce the new streaming client, class & talent changes, stat changes and much more. What this patch doesn't contain is all the Cataclysm zone changes and Archaeology.

You can read the patch notes after the break!

Blizzard said:
    World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.0.1
    The latest patch notes can always be found at WoW -> Patch Notes -> Current Patch Notes
    The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at WoW -> Test Realm Patch Notes
    General

Copied Test Realm characters are not copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.

Classes: General

Many class talents, spells, and abilities have been overhauled, added, or removed.
    All spell and ability tooltips will now display damage averages rather than minimum and maximum damage potential. This feature is on by default but can be changed via the Display settings under User Interface options.
    Ammo has been removed from the game.
    The character levels at which classes gain new spells and abilities have changed.
    Many item and class stats have been changed or removed.
    Rage has been normalized.
    Spells and abilities no longer have multiple ranks and now scale with character level.
    Talent trees have been altered. All player talent specializations have been reset, allowing for free re-specialization.
    o
    Each specialization has been reduced to a 31-point talent tree.
    o
    Players will now get a total of 41 talent points to spend.
    o
    Players will be asked to choose a specialization at level 10. Doing so will result in the unlocking of a spell or ability unique to that specialization, as well as one or more passive bonuses.
    o
    Once a talent specialization has been chosen, players may only place points in the primary tree until at least 31 points have been spent there.
    o
    The initial announcement regarding these talent tree changes can be found on our Cataclysm forum: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Cataclysm Class & Mastery Systems Update

Death Knights

A dedicated tanking tree (Blood) has been implemented.
    The effects of Blood Presence and Frost Presence have been exchanged.
    The way in which runes recharge has changed.

Druids

A new Eclipse mechanic has been added for druids.

Hunters

Five pets can now be stored with the hunter at all times. Any one of these five pets can be summoned via the Call Pet ability.
    Focus has replaced mana as a new resource.
    Hunters now start with a pet at level 1.
    The Stable will now store 20 pets. If a pet is moved into the Stable, its talents are wiped.

Mages

There is now a new spell fly-out UI feature for mage portals. Clicking on the Teleport or Portal buttons will expand the list of choices available.

Paladins

Paladins now have a new resource bar.

Warlocks

There is now a new spell fly-out UI feature for warlock pets. Clicking on this single button will open up the list of available pets to summon.
    Soul Shards have been removed from the game as items. Instead, they now exist as a resource system necessary for using, or altering the mechanics of certain spells.

Items

Resilience no longer reduces the chance a player will be critically hit by an opponent.
    Durability: cloth, leather, and mail now have as many points of durability as plate, making the repair cost on death much closer to equal for all classes.

Professions

The glyph system has been updated to now feature three different types of glyphs. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.

User Interface

Spell Alerts have been added to notify players when procs on select spells and abilities occur. A visual notification will display around the character and the activated ability will be highlighted on the action bar.
    The Arena Teams pane has been improved.
    The Character pane has been redesigned. Character stats can now be shown or hidden via the Show All Details/Hide All Details button on the bottom left. When shown, all character stats will be visible in a window to the right of the pane. Stat sections can be reorganized by clicking and dragging them up or down the pane.
    The Professions panes now have more filtering and search functionality, as well as buttons to easily link recipes in the chat frame.
    A Professions screen has been added to the Spellbook to better display the details of a character’s primary and secondary professions.
    Many of the yellow System Messages that would display in the chat frame when leveling up have been removed.
    New text animations now alert players as they level up, also providing information on when new talents, spells and abilities are available.
    Professions and Class Trainers windows have been altered to more clearly display available and upcoming purchases.
    New Raid frames are now. They can also be used in place of the standard 5-player party interface via the User Interface options.
    The Spellbook interface has been improved for greater ease-of-use and visual appeal.

For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum: World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> UI & Macros Forum

* Classes changes are up, new talent builds, new glyphs (not fully implemented yet), etc ...
    * Revamped old zones are NOT available
    * New graphics (textures, water effects) are NOT available
    * Archaeology is NOT available
    * Guild leveling is NOT available
    * Flying in Azeroth is NOT available
    * New content is NOT available
    * Basically just a few cataclysm features.

Credits to Rhainland for this ^^ Added info. Thanks

EU and US have test realms! GO GO GO TEST!!!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Famous00; 09-12-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added stuff

World of Warcraft Patch 4.0.1 PTR now live for testing!
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :O time to download ptr

ZnyX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow so much hype.

This is NOT THE CATACLYSM PRE EVENT PATCH.

This patch got everything the current beta patch does, yes. BUT, the new graphics are not enabled, the new 1-60 content is not available, new bgs are not available.

Basically, on the test realms:

* Classes changes are up, new talent builds, new glyphs (not fully implemented yet), etc ...
    * Revamped old zones are NOT available
    * New graphics (textures, water effects) are NOT available
    * Archaeology is NOT available
    * Guild leveling is NOT available
    * Flying in Azeroth is NOT available
    * New content is NOT available

Basically just a few cataclysm features.

Famous00's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL your funny then howare ppl Flying now? plz stay off my thread...Sorry this doesnt excite u sorry your not stoked like us

Oh so your saying Blizz is lying about this being a the patch for stuff for the pre cata patch.. GG your so awesome. I believe u over Blizz
    Last edited by Famous00; 09-12-2010 at 12:53 AM.

ZnyX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Famous00 View Post
    LOL your funny then howare ppl Flying now? plz stay off my thread...Sorry this doesnt excite u sorry your not stoked like us

Oh so your saying Blizz is lying about this being a the patch for stuff for the pre cata patch.. GG your so awesome. I believe u over Blizz
    This is taking DIRECTLY from MMO champion front page, boub is not lying.

It is pretty simple Famous00, Blizzard said that the PRE cataclysm patch would not have worgen, goblins or any of that. BUT it would have NEW CLASS COMBINATION, and 1-60 content.

This is NOT on the PTR realm, none of it. It is simply not the pre cataclysm patch, it is some of the cata 'content' cut out for people to test.

So get real, would ya...

boomkinner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    old news are old ...

justint80's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Famous00 View Post

you cant fly, im on it right now. :wave:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man alot of you are just *******s here and how is this old news? nice to see mmowned holds and keeps *******s in thier grip.

Willzy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Famous no offense but most of the info you posted is off "Li****tallyAwesome" 's reviews on YouTube, and this is a noob question.... but,
    How do I join the PTR? Whenever I try connecting, it either says "Unable to connect" or "You need another patch to play the PTR" but whenever I run the launcher it doesn't move or anything--it just stays there.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Anyway, +Rep for trying.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow famous, calm down dude. No one called you any names, or ripped on you. They just added a bit more info as to whats on this patch, which is after all what this thread is about right? Chill broseph.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i Kno I understand that. and im not pissed or anything just some ppl here are rude and thank you Will.

I added some extra info, that ppl posted to clean it up some thank you for the updated info on stuff. Ill keep this post alive with patch that maybe get applied to the realm or if other stuff become open to be tested.! Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Famous00; 09-12-2010 at 10:35 AM.

powerblaze's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Willzy View Post
    Famous no offense but most of the info you posted is off "Li****tallyAwesome" 's reviews on YouTube, and this is a noob question.... but,
    How do I join the PTR? Whenever I try connecting, it either says "Unable to connect" or "You need another patch to play the PTR" but whenever I run the launcher it doesn't move or anything--it just stays there.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Anyway, +Rep for trying.
    Gonna have to re-download it

Willzy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm doing it right now.

Holy shi-
    It's download the entire cataclysm...omfg
    17GB left
    /facepalm
    Well at least I get to play after the first 10 GB are downloaded.
    Btw, is this just like the beta?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

'Cuz the first thing I'mma do is worgen & goblin l33t ph4s1ng.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and No. It has alot of features not enabled as my post will tell you all about that. Just look at top. Btw Char copy is on a 7day que lawl. so yaaa and premades are on a 7day que as well.

4.0.1 Public Test Realm Now Active!By fewyn on 09/11/2010 at 8:20 PM Pacific
    Blizzard has just launched the 4.0.1 Public Test Realms! This patch will introduce the new streaming client, class & talent changes, stat changes and much more. What this patch doesn't contain is all the Cataclysm zone changes and Archaeology.

Willzy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you manually create new characters?

And what if you already copied a premade char before the actual 4.0.0 PTR came out?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I got a prob x.x ...
    My computer just downloaded about half of it, and when I try logging in the test it says:
    Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at: blah blah.
    Help... please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast