Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bastion of Twilight, and the terrible new secret (screenshots)

Hey guys. The grim batol raid (bastion of twilight) has been updated on the latest build. Here are some screenshots that show the general layout of the instance:

Most of you guys have probably already seen these, and there don't seem to be many changes to this part of the instance in this build. But... let's look at what was posted recently on worldofraids regarding the Cho'gall fight at the end of the instance:

Upon defeating Cho'gall on heroic mode, the floor beneath you will collapse and you'll fall into a cavern of flowing lava that hides a "horrifying secret," according to Alex Afrasiabi. Speculation time!
    When you first enter the entrance, you can see a giant hole in the ground. It's my opinion that, after you clear through the whole dungeon, you get "called back" or something to the entrance and fight Cho'gall on this spot. Of course, they could move the hole as an alternative, but that's not important. Taking a peek down the hole...

The terrible secret:

If you turn to the right, you can go down a little path where you'll fight the final heroic hard-mode boss of the instance:

closeups of the "eggs":

Looking at these next 3 pictures, you can see that there's something "moving" inside. To achieve this effect, Blizzard reused the same model for "thorns" (the druid spell) that sticks a character's feet to the ground... it's is INSIDE the egg and slowly moving (it's blue though, of course).

Ok, now for speculation time

What does this mean? It looks to me like Cho'gall has been mixing black dragon/twilight eggs with old gods or minions of old gods (maybe the faceless ones). Given the long history of Deathwing's obsession with making a perfect dragonflight (first chromatic, then blackwing/nefarian's attempt at the experiment, then nether drakes, then twilight drakes) it seems like his last crazy attempt at perfection lies with mixing dragons with his new (and technically old) friends, the old gods...

Obviously there's no way to prove this just yet, but it seems to make sense, given Cho'gall's hideous transformation into an ogre/old god hybrid himself... the last boss will probably either be Cho'gall mutated and monstrous OR an entirely new foe, perhaps a dragon/old god hybrid leader guy (kind of like Halion is leading the twilight dragons in the ruby sanctum).

There's also the possibility that this is all leading up to Deathwing being eventually responsible for the infinite dragonflight (even though nozdormu was "revealed" to be the leader of the flight in wotlk, i'm still not passing judgment on that yet). Again, given his long history of dragon experimentation it could make sense. Also with his nihilistic, apocalyptic, and generally "my only goal is destruction attitude," it also seems downright probable.

TL;DR? I think Deathwing and Cho'gall are mixing twilight drakes with old gods/faceless ones. What do you guys think?

/e
    quick edit, I forgot to mention that these eggs are very big. This adds to my belief that they may be old god/dragon hybrids. Here's a screenshot for size comparison:

Last edited by clowntron; 06-14-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Bastion of Twilight, and the terrible new secret (screenshots)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would enjoy to see where did you find all your information on deathwing (especially for this :
    There's also the possibility that this is all leading up to Deathwing being eventually responsible for the infinite dragonflight (even though nozdormu was "revealed" to be the leader of the flight in wotlk, i'm still not passing judgment on that yet).
    )

And that makes sense, if i understood it well, cho'gall was transformed BY c'thun (during c'thun rez) so he must have some old god blood, or something like that, that he can use as old god DNA.

Or it can also be regular twilight dragon eggs ?

(i hope i'm clear enought to be understood :/)

clowntron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that part about the infinite dragonflight is PURE speculation (based on no actual evidence) so don't read too much into that. The main thing to consider is the old god/faceless one dragon eggs.

And that makes sense, if i understood it well, cho'gall was transformed BY c'thun (during c'thun rez) so he must have some old god blood, or something like that, that he can use as old god DNA.?
    yeah definitely. Let's not forget the alliance that Deathwing has with the old gods/elementals/Cho'gall... that's why I think this all fits. The odds of them mixing dragons with old gods/faceless ones is pretty good imo..

I also don't think they're regular twilight dragon eggs because they're WAY bigger and they're new models/textures, separate from anything we've ever seen before. Also a "horrifying secret" seems like Blizzard is trying to reveal something devastating lore-wise... add that with Deathwing's repeated attempts to mix dragons with crazy stuff, and it becomes more plausible and likely.

As for the deathwing=infinite dragonflight thing, we may have to wait another expansion to get a final answer to that

Naposim1337's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys remember zombie onyxia model? it has same coloration as eggs :/

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ikatsu's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems very likely, the eggs look as nasty as only the old gods stuff could be

lucofthewind's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit dood! Awesome find, plus rep and thanks for the find!

Doomeye's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be ony... Thats why deathwing stole onys head from stormwind. He will resurect her using old god magic. and ony will be the boss down there. a verry nasty version of her U dont have to belive it..

Exxile87's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty interesting find. I'm gonna assume it's the Onyxia/Nefarian duo down there. Remember the spell ID that had them both working together?

BaddyMcBad's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious as to how you got down, if you edited your current location (.go teleport) to put you down the y-axis.

WoWFlame's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the terrible secret is that Onyxia was reanimated, brought back to life, and as laying twilight eggs.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WoWFlame View Post
    I think the terrible secret is that Onyxia was reanimated, brought back to life, and as laying twilight eggs.
    Sintharia - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft is more likely

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post

Nah, I'm pretty sure she's gonna stay dead. Also, Deathwing himself had no attachment to her, so I doubt he'd go through the trouble of raising her. If Cho'gal and the Twilight's Hammer crew are responsible for it, then maybe, but I dunno...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure she's gonna stay dead. Also, Deathwing himself had no attachment to her, so I doubt he'd go through the trouble of raising her. If Cho'gal and the Twilight's Hammer crew are responsible for it, then maybe, but I dunno...
    Sintharia, also known as Sinestra or Lady Sinestra, was the former prime consort of Deathwing and mother of Nefarian and Onyxia. She was, until recently, believed dead. Her experiments led to the creation of a flight of twilight dragons which she planned to use to rule Azeroth.
    I may just be confused as to when exactly she was believed to be dead though. But I could see Deathwing bringing his Prime Consort back to life to attempt to finish the Twilight Dragonflight.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    I may just be confused as to when exactly she was believed to be dead though. But I could see Deathwing bringing his Prime Consort back to life to attempt to finish the Twilight Dragonflight.
    She dies at the end of "Night of the Dragon". Deathwing pretty much says "Oh well...she was useless anyway."