0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can GMs detect map hacks? Because though I was caught, I wasnt banned o.O

Ok, for a while now (1-2 months) I have map hacked the WSG and added an underground passage that leads from one base to another. This obviously I would think is a serious offense and I would think that if I was caught, i would get perm banned the 1st time.

I also have been suspended for 4 days for speed hacking less than 2 months ago.

And just now, a GM contacted me saying I was "caught in area I wasnt supposed to be in" (referring to being underground in the WSG), and said if I did it again, action would be taken.....

o.O A WARNING!?!? LOL, dude, not even a suspension? I get an immediate 3 day suspension for speed hacking (no, I never got a warning - immediate suspension), but for this I just get a small warning?

Well, here is the question I have in my mind now. WHAT exactly DOES the GM know? Because I don't see how the hell I got off with only a warning! Can the GMs look into the logs of your character and see where you have been in the past? Or is it just a thing where they can only see where you are at the current time?

I know that when I really wanted us to win a BG I would hide with the flag in a place that is impassable for a normal person tog get to, and I would stay there. Sometime I had to stay for 10-15 mins, which is indeed extream. The enemy looks for me, they can see me (the flag) on the map, but cant find me. And when I do it for 15 hole freeking mins,,, that probably tips them off and maybe they reported me?

....I dunno, but I tell ya. To be honest, I deserve to be permanently banned, lol. I don't understand how I only got a warning, and it makes me wonder if map hacking is imposable to detect by GMs unless ppl report you suspecting you in large numbers (And no, I was *never seen). So what was it that got me caught? Did scanning scripts and location detenction on the server have nothing to do with it? Or are they just gonna watch me now cause they have no idea how the hell I am doing what I am doing (as far as I know I am the only one who has a working map editor for current wow-live that can edit BGs)

*never = about 3-4 ppl in the past 2 months, they rarely every see me cause the exit to the underground passage is on the enemy's roof. When you hear your flag is taken where do you go? Your roof? No, obviously not. And If a rouge is behind me following me, I would think he would de-cloke when he saw me goin up to roof. And I am obviously smart enough to not exploit in front of ppl when I see them (regardless of faction).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can GMs detect map hacks?  Because though I was caught, I wasnt banned o.O-wowscrnshot_060907_151445-jpg  
    Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 06-13-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Can GMs detect map hacks?  Because though I was caught, I wasnt banned o.O
    thrash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can GMs detect map hacks? Because though I was caught, I wasnt banned o.O

Well im not sure what the GM's can see (no one is), but sitting with the flag for 15 minutes in on spot where everyone is looking, wouldnt that get you reported by the players? (not too sure what Battlegroup youre in, but in the one im in its instant report for exploitin >.>)

tyguy22894's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you Map-hack? Where can i get this program?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so mcuh for this.

Obex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
    @tyguy22894
    It cant do much, and is a slow moving project but here: http://www.somewhiteguy.homelinux.org:178/wowedit/
    Please don't post this anywhere else, I want to keep this as low profile as possible.
    Also, you will NOT be able to edit battle ground maps as they are blacked listed in the program. (only I can do that - I made the program)
    just coz ur hiding dosnt mean you have to type in iddy biddy text you know

oh and your and the GM's names are in the chat log lol
    Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

Fasho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BULLSHIT! NO FREEKIN WAY! U CANT MAKE A SECRET TUNNEL IN A BG! THATS THE BIGGEST LOAT OF CRAP I HAVE EVER HEARD! no way!

Debt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a fake pic or done on a private server, My first point The gm misspelt caught and a real gm has to spellcheck everything before entering it
    also lanhelly aint a very gm name since they use a program which auto creates one for you. so stop trying to get ppl to respect you or w/e u are looking for.

SomeWhiteGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOOK IM TYPING IN CAPS
    o_O um,, dunno if you meant to post with a tone of "your lying" or "zomg what".
    But if you really think this is a lie, here is a video done with WoW live 2.1 a few days ago.

You Tube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIj1qCU438g

Alt video links (higher quality of above video):
    On the way over to the horde
    On the way back with flag
    Other dumb shit:
    Swimming around GoldShire

Last edited by SomeWhiteGuy; 06-13-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are dumb to suspect him of lying. He didnt even do anything or say anything like "Look what i can do, and you guys cant" and doesnt even show us like the VW's.
    Wow,
    Just wow.

Mitnick's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, maybe the GM made a alt : p and when u went underground he didnt see u on the map, and he /w u :S or maybe some of ur friends on BG want piss u of : p cuz they know ur underground
    :run:

Catch-22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, GM's can teleport to your current location and they can remain perfectly hidden, so if they teleport to a place where you're not supposed to be and they see you there, you're done. Don't know why you were let off so easy though, that part puzzles me too. It's probably also very possible for a GM to find your coordinates and if the Z index is below the lowest point in the map, they'll know you're somewhere you're not supposed to be (underground).

Edit: On a side note, your exploits are not going to remain secret for long, do you realize how many people search for WoW exploit videos on YouTube? It has always been possible to edit the maps for WoW, you're just one of the first people to actually find a use. Also, impressive map work you have on WSG, underground jetty, haha that's gold.
    Last edited by Catch-22; 06-13-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Rekei's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GM Probably thought you glitched through the map or something. He didn't know you were using hacks to go in places you're not supposed to be able to.

Credits to Narudan.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want this
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

idusy-org's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Debt
    That is a fake pic or done on a private server, My first point The gm misspelt caught and a real gm has to spellcheck everything before entering it
    also lanhelly aint a very gm name since they use a program which auto creates one for you. so stop trying to get ppl to respect you or w/e u are looking for.

Wow... Wowwww........
    Unproud member of Snitchstianity

Trustdale's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Fasho
    BULLSHIT! NO FREEKIN WAY! U CANT MAKE A SECRET TUNNEL IN A BG! THATS THE BIGGEST LOAT OF CRAP I HAVE EVER HEARD! no way!
    Please shut the fck up instead of capsflaming, if you woke up and opened your eyes you WOULD know that this is possible.

Originally Posted by Debt
    LOLOLOL retard.. sorry man, but you are. Gamemasters are humans too, and makes typos and spelling mistakes, also lanhelly could as easily be a GM name as any other, so stop trying to get ppl's respect by making them think your clever or w/e u are looking for.

thanks for the sig minimized <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast