Transferring characters from an old account to a new account under bettlenet. menu

User Tag List

vbnm247's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transferring characters from an old account to a new account under bettlenet.

Hi.

A few years back a good friend asked me if I wanted to try wow and if so I could have a wow account that belonged to a former guild member who was their main tank.

Fast forward 2 years and I am still using the acocunt with no problems and I have various high level characters. Trouble is the acocunt is not mine and I have none of the original details and I would hate all that time to go to waste if I was somehow locked out of the acocunt.

My question is: If I was to purchase a new wow account and merge both accounts under one battlenet account, would I be able to transfer my existing characters on the old wow account to the new account?

Thanks for any help.

Transferring characters from an old account to a new account under bettlenet.
    dontblink438's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but you have to let the accounts be merged to Bnet for (forgive me if im wrong) 30 days before it will allow you.

vbnm247's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dontblink438 View Post
    Yes but you have to let the accounts be merged to Bnet for (forgive me if im wrong) 30 days before it will allow you.
    Thats great. Thanks for the reply. I didnt want to shell out for a new wow account with BC and WotlK if I was not going to be able to transfer from the old acocunt to a new account. At least witht he new account I will have cd key etc if I have any future probs!

Cheers again

Snazzmeister's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if others have eperienced the same thing but I was banned trying to do exactly this. Something in the transfer process flagged the two last names as being different and I lost both accounts. Be careful I guess since it sounds like some people havent had this problem.

jinzo257's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because ur not allowed to transfer chars between different account names,it says in their char transfer discription.

vbnm247's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I received wow, bc and wotlk today but after the above not sure what I should do.

The original wow account was in the name of say Smith. I then merged this to Bnet which is under, say, williams.

If I want to add a new wow account to bnet should I use the name Smith or Williams or have I ****ed up by using a different name under Bnet in the first place?