Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about being banned for AFK in BG

Hello there, forum. I have a question:

I am soon to reach 80 and need to gear for arena. For that i need 450 k honor points (to buy full epic set of items for each slot)

As a normal male citizen, i have to work 8 hours a day, 1 hour lunch break and 1 hour to get to and from work, and 9 hours to sleep and i have a wife, so, that leaves not much time to actually play battlegrounds.

Whats even worse, in our battlegroup horde outnumbers alliance and alliance tends to give up without even trying, seeing how they're always outnumbered, even when its 8v10 at WSG and we can actually do it. Premades are not very common as well.

That leaves me with only viable option to farm my gear in reasonable time: AFKing at the battlegrounds.

For that i won't be using any illegal software, i will have my little laptop with me at work, will manually join BG's and move my char every 4 minutes to prevent being kicked, when it ends manually rejoin. I will do it 8 hours a day only.

My question is, can i get banned or stripped of honor and items by Blizz for this? Do blizzard bans for being inactive in BG's if you dont actually use any software and do it all manually? Can they distinguish me from those using illegal software when they will be looking into logs of my playing? Will they understand i did not use any illegal software if i did not? And can i prevent being banned somehow?

If you dont know the answer, or know it but its already on forums, please give a link, be gentle, dont tell me to "use search" because i obviously did this already. A link to any manual or commentary on EULA would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, forum!

Question about being banned for AFK in BG
    Cryde's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Starsabre

In theory they won't ban you for afking in a BG, and to minimize the chance of being banned, download the addon InstantMessenger ( Or something like that just search Curse.com - WoW Addons WAR Addons Gamer Blogs Forums )!
    It will make a new Window for every New Whisper you recieve. What will allow you to answer a GameMaster if he Messages you.
    (PM me if you have Questions.)
    Greets.

PM me for Signatures!

Starsabre's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you i will PM you, meanwhile, i'm looking for other answers, maybe someone had not only theoretic but practic approach into the matter...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you mean with practic approach?
    You got msn or something?

PM me for Signatures!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately where i work i have all theese instant messengers disabled (and i dont have my laptop with mobile internet with me on the work today because i'm not yet 80), i wrote you a PM can you see it?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm yep sorry was afk ^^ pming you.

PM me for Signatures!

Teryon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do is run to Galv/Balinda, whack him or her, die and AFK at Graveyard. Better when you have some damage done in statistics.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes good idea, problem is i cannot afford that much, i'm at work as i stated so if i start being distracted by the game too much, that would look bad. I cant install WoW on my work computer (obviously) so i have to use little laptop that laggs like hell and i have to keep it in a very-uncomfortable-to-do-anything spot. I'm not worried about being flagged (i'd put myself on an auto-walk, bump into hordie, die and that would clear it), i'm vorried about being banned from the game...

pandabaer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im currently banned for 24h, i was afk'ing with autoclicker in AV. Now what makes me curious is my account page, where they wrote something like "the time your account is banned can be extended (or even banned permanently) while we are investiganting your account.

Wooot? I didnt even got a 3h ban before getting the 24h ban. Can i be banned permanently even if its currently showing a 24h or is this information just pro forma?

Kubiatsu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pandabaer have you recieved an email confirming your ban/suspension? If so does it mention the use of any 'third party software' if not could you please post what it says as this will answer Starsabre's question.