Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to track mail between WoW accounts?

Say I were to log an account, take items out of that acc.'s gbank (it's not a large guild- about 10 players, and the items in question are about 30 titanium bars), then mail it from that character to my own account (a random low level alt), would it be possible for the owner of the original account (or more, the GM of the guild in collaberation with him) to get a Game Master to track who/where the items were sent to- and give them the character/account's name? As far as I can see gbank ninjaing isn't against ToS, as it's the GM's responsibility blah blah, I'm more concerned about being tracked.

(I'm aware this belongs more in Scam Help due to its nature and my apologises at 'leecher' status =/)

Any help would be much appreciated fast.

Is it possible to track mail between WoW accounts?
    Colster's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ofc its possible for Gamemasters to track where the items went. the guildmaster however cant.

Lolyoth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, will it be likely that if this were to be reported, a Gamemaster would bother to track the items, or would it just be labelled as the Guildmaster being irresponsible in who he has allowed ranks and the case dropped? As the acc. I took items from, the user name and password were given to me by the owner, not hacked, and the char was already at a rank to withdraw items, so it doesn't really fall under the same hacking catagory as most gbank ninjas

Tikarra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends. We have had items taken from our bank and the GMs have recovered them but they were quite expensive (all do to an officer not paying attention when ranking people.) So there is a possibility if the item was inexpensive or rather easy to obtain and replace that they will not bother with it. But i do not know if that is how it works or not.

However... The GM will not tell the leader of the guild where they ended up at. All they will do is either tell them they cannot help them or take the item(s) out of the bags of the toon they ended up at and return them.

In my 3 years playing this game there are many times I have talked to a GM about fixing things where another player has done something they should have not done and all they have done is fix it or assure me it will be dealt with. I have never been given information beyond that nor have I ever heard of them doing so with other players.

Moganed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can look through the logs and see where they've gone, hope you're not thinking about doing it for just those bars. They are very cheap on my server, thought they would be on everyones.

jr1715's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done something like this before and if you try to mail it and you scammed them or did something else against bliz policy to get the items that are being mailed your account will get banned, so a good thing to do is just use the auction. I am not sure if they can track in game trading though.