0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an idea...

I've been model changing for quite some time now, but from the start i always had one idea that i never got around to testing.

When you open MWS and look at the different zones that you can potentially swap in and out, you will notice there are zones labeled kalimdor and Azeroth. One hot topic for explorers is GM island which we all know is located FAR to the north west corner of kalimdor. If you swap out an instance for the Kalimdor files you will notice when you zone in you are in fact on the Kalimdor continent. Yeah, big deal...

Further exploring you will find come across the concept that some effects such as fatigue and breath loss are purely positional. By that meaning that your character only enters the state when you are at certain coordinates on the actual map. Due to the fact that you're not actually in water on the server (you're still inside what ever instance you swapped out) when you swim through the ocean you not only do not lose breath, but never hit any spots where you become fatigue. Thus you are able to swim to your heart's content as far out as you like.

I my self haven't had the time to test out what's all the way to the north west in Kalimdor, but i'd assume it's the same as on the actual map - an invisible and a gap of nothingness before you hit GM island. People have rumored to be able to pass through the invisible wall and then be flung towards GM island. Like i said, there might be nothing worth while, but it might be interesting to look into testing out some things in that area.

I think i used the ZG instance to swap for kalimdor and had no problems. It was a while back, but so i'm not exactly sure if i'm remembering correctly.

Just an idea...
    Mav's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck getting through the empty area...

lvlrbojang1es's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to even getting IN the empty area. It seems though that on all the videos when you see the "speed walking" effect it's always durring passing through that "empty area".

I was more or less hoping for somthing different in the "instanced" zone... I'll have to look into it later

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Id love to do that, Iv been trying to learn how to swap instances, iv never done it successfuly yet though. You need to swap the wdt and adt files or something like that, and iv tryed and failed. We need a better guide on here than matts, or actually, id like it if i could get a file from you with a swapped instance in it, so i could basicly work it backwards and figure out what im doing wrong, and what needs to be done the right way. It would be a big help for me. Thanks. PM me for my email, if you could send a file to me.

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gm island

Gm island is very accessable on live servers currently. This particular way may or may not work, as there are tons of ways to get there. The way I currently know of is much easier, and requires much less work.. however i cannot disclose how to do so. Although great thought on yet another way to get there, good luck in the testing process. One thing i may add however is when something is Model changed, lets say Emerald Dream to Scholo for instance, You do not appear to others say on your friends list as in the Emerald Dream rather you still appear in scholo, and beyond that point you go into "Unknown", yet we have all seen people on live servers as on "Gm Island" So with that conclusion I would say full zone modification is rather unlikely. Also with the fatigue line use the priest trick you could easily take the time to get to the edge of the world with that method. Anyways please keep us posted on progress of anyone attempting this.

-SomethingCool

Miyoko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting to GM island would be heaps good

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh.

Meh, Its just a house.. And the room with "The chair" which if you ever get to gm island requires even more work. But was fun none the less.

worldofleetcraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Just an idea...

how u get to the chair?...i know how to get to GM island...if u know SomethingCool525 could u link the .mpq plz >_<

Skalla's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GMisland is boring.. just a house... nothing more...

worldofleetcraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea GM island is boring...but i wanna start a PVP vid of me sitting in the chair...it will be awesome...i know to get to the chair u go through the mountain on GM island but i dont know what to do to enable you to go to the room with "The Chair" lol so yea :*(

Nezdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by dissdiss
    GMisland is boring.. just a house... nothing more...
    Two words: Bragging rights.

You get to say you've been there... and the normal people go OOH COOL!

Good times, good times.
    *Insert Awe-Inspiring Signature Here*