0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preventing PayPal Chargebacks [Seller] and Protection for Buyers/Sellers

Many people are beginning to be fed up of there 3 year old mage, and are looking to change. Trading, Buying or Selling can be very dangerous. I hope this information helps.

Note : I did not write this information, it is simply taken from another site and slighty manipulated for traders too.

-----
    Selling Accounts
    -----

There are 3 ways a buyer can file a dispute:

• Goods were not delivered.
    • Goods were not as described.
    • The transaction was unauthorized

Goods were not delivered and not as described

The problem is, if you just accepted the buyer's payment, without taking precautions, you will lose the dispute.

Now, what can you do to avoid this?
    First of all, you have to request the payment, do not let him send it to you. In the comment section of the request, you put the following text:

By payment, you signify understanding and acceptance with the following. This is payment for virtual goods and is nonrefundable and not protected by paypal's buyer protection policies. By payment, you acknowledge receipt of goods and satisfaction. You waive right to dispute payment on grounds of receipt, quality, description or any other reason.

When he does file a dispute, just tell paypal to look at the comment of your money request and you will win the dispute. The buyer confirmed he received his goods, intact, as ordered, so he can't do a chargeback.

KEEP READING, YOU ARE NOT YET FULLY PROTECTED.

Unauthorized Access

You will need to ask the buyer's personal info to be protected against this. Some people will make a big deal of asking for their personal info. Do not deal with paypal accounts if you dont know if they are stolen or not. Its better to make $50 in 2 weeks, then $300 a day if the $300 is going to get chargebacked.

If you accept a payment from a stolen Paypal account, YOU WILL GET CHARGEBACKED. So how do you know if the Paypal account is stolen? If there address is confirmed with paypal, and you call their home, odds are the account is not stolen. Keep reading.

Ask the buyer to send you an invoice, he can do that by going to "Request money --> Create an Invoice". Ask him to include his address and phone number. If he doesn't want to do that, abort the trade, it's not worth it. If you do continue, expect a dispute in a few days.

If the buyer doesn't know how to make an invoice, refer him to this guide, more specifically to the screenshots below:

Address and phone number:
    img510.imageshack.us/img510/6697/invoice1wp8.jpg

Invoice itself, note that 1 Yen is less than 0,01€:
    img510.imageshack.us/img510/2800/invoice2jn4.jpg

You don't even have to accept the payment as a buyer, you will find the address and phone number in the email sent by Paypal, or by clicking on "Details" of the payment:

This is what the email should look like:
    img180.imageshack.us/img180/6213/invoice3tm8.jpg

If the address and phone number aren't included, ask the buyer to send it again, including both. If he can't, call off the trade. Now, look up the buyer's name in an online phone book, 411.com for the US or bt.com/phonenetukResidential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT for the UK. Make sure address and phone number match.

Then call the buyer, and verify if he knows about the trade, if not, inform him that someone has access to his Paypal and that he has to call Paypal to block out his account.
    If he does know about it, you know you're not dealing with a hacker, but the person could still scam you, so keep reading.

Now, before you request the payment, let the buyer send you an email WITH HIS PAYPAL EMAIL, NOT HIS MSN EMAIL OR ANOTHER RANDOM EMAIL with the content. "I, <buyer's name>, confirm I'm buying <goods> for €<price>". Now, make sure the buyer accepts the requested payment within 5-10 minutes. So if he ever claims it was a case of "unauthorized access", you can provide Paypal with the buyer's IP and the timestamps of the email (you can extract this from the email header). That way, they can check if the IP's from the buyer's account and the email match, if they do, they know the buyer is lieing and you will win the dispute.

(Refer to this guide if you want to know how to do extract the sender's IP from an email header: johnru.com/active-whois/trace-email.htm How to find the sender's original IP Address using Email message Headers)

Taken from : wowtrade.org/showthread.php?t=434 Preventing PayPal Chargebacks - The Wowtrade.org Forums

---
    Buying accounts
    ---

Buying accounts is now a huge fear for many people. Do they actually own the account. Here is some of my favourite tips.

-Only buy Active Accounts : This ensures you can see the character ingame.
    -Only buy accounts with transfer up on the character you want = With the increase in callbacks from Blizzard, transfering would be the best option.
    -Be sure to see the character in-game, and dont take any other options as proof. Character transfer screens CAN be manipulated.
    -Find out as much as you can about the trader, but dont be too personal.
    -Ensure you get a phone number!

==On character transfers, match all information on the new account to the old one, excluding the SQA and email. Blizzard are banning accounts of people trying to do this now!

----
    Trading
    ----

When I trade, I always ask for a phone number. I usually call, or they call me -and dicuss everything on the phone. I noticed doing this stopped me being scammed. Listen closely on the phone to hear if he stutters while metioning the account. Be sure to ask his full name, and tell him yours. Use the websites listed above to check its him on the phone you have called - If not : hang up.

Be sure he has a feedback thread, or will show the character ingame. Be sure to also get a screenshot of the main login screen on the site, and match the username when given to yours.

Always do this order

1) Email Change
    2) CD Keys
    3) Last Name (or full)
    4) SQA
    5) Password (obviously not required)
    6) Username

Good luck and happy trading, buying or selling

Note : im new here, wrong section? Please move and sorry.
    Note : Rep on this forum? If so, share if it helped!

Preventing PayPal Chargebacks [Seller] and Protection for Buyers/Sellers
    xmanlevel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,nice advice,i'm sure it would help guys a lot +rep!