0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a request for you guys...

Well the past few days I've been having trouble with getting up a server, and it's not like I'm new to servers or anything, but I've just been frustrated with my DNS not working for the server. What I'd like anyone here to do, is to just test to see if it shows up. The URL for the site to register for my server is icedmetal57.sytes.net. Now I'm not trying to advertise for my server or anything, I'm just trying to see if this works now outside my network, because I haven't had any luck lately. If you can actually connect to the site post here telling me so, if not, also post here saying that you tried so I know that it doesn't work.

I got a request for you guys...
    laineter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I got a request for you guys...

Well I've better try it later, I hope it's work for me.

Icedmetal57's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't really have to try out the server itself, I just want someone to check to see if they could connect to the website, because if they can do that, then I know that you got through to the MySQL database, which means the game server will work.

Maq-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>ping icedmetal57.sytes.net

Pinging icedmetal57.sytes.net [67.175.239.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 67.175.239.19:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

---------------------

Could be a few problems associated with that.. Either at the time I did this ping, your computer was offline, or the pointer wasn't updated to your current IP address, or you have config problems with your router. There is also many threads on the private server sites stating problems with no-ip configs, you may wish to read these over. But currently, that's not a problem, because if that's your correct IP, it's not accessable from the outside world, and you need to look at router config, or firewalls you have up. If you have a route that's VPN enabled, and you're using that, you will need to add rules to that router, pointing the ports to your computer's >internal< IP address (the 192.168.0.* or 10.0.0.* address).

Anyways, if you have questions about anything i've posted, let me know, will try to explain in more detail =)

Hope this helps.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

Icedmetal57's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I have pointed the ports towards my internal IP address, but for some reason they want tend to switch to another computer in my network that has the router and modem connected to it. I've tried a couple things, for the server too, I've tried my external IP for all the settings which didn't work, I've tried my DNS host but that didn't work, I've tried my internal IP that worked, and I've tried localhost or 127.0.0.1, which work, it for some reason doesn't want to allow my external address to work for the actual realm and Mangos server that I'm using, it just closes right away not allowing me to see what it says. But I got it to work now for my DNS to connect, with all the settings being set to localhost, to the website. Like instead of connecting to the website with localhost, I can do my DNS, which wasn't working before and now is.
    Last edited by Icedmetal57; 03-14-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Maq-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you use DHCP?

Generally the router will assign the same IP to the same computer, but if all computers are turned off, and the "lease" expires on the DHCP-obtained IP's, the router will assign the lowest IP in range to the first computer which is started up..

If so, what I would suggest is to manually assign an IP to the server computer, +20 or +30 addresses above anything that would ever be used by DHCP.. IE..

Your range is 10.0.0.1-254, subnet 255.255.255.0
    You have 5 computers.
    10.0.0.1 will most likely be router.
    10.0.0.2-6 will be the 5 computers you have.
    Manually assign 10.0.0.20 to the server box, and change the rules. It should solve that problem.

Currently your router is also dropping ICMP from WAN port, so it's hard to diagnose when it's up. =)

Originally Posted by Icedmetal57
    Yes I have pointed the ports towards my internal IP address, but for some reason they want tend to switch to another computer in my network that has the router and modem connected to it.
    "There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."