0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Hint] Auctioneer addon/BtmScanner

A lot of bankers out there are using BottomScanner for fattening their gold sacks. BottomScanner is a part of the Auctioneer addon, which is known to a lot of people. BottomScanner basically reloads the last page of the AH (last auctions added) and plays a sound and make a popup if a bargain is found.

Lots of times, people make mistakes, like putting up stacks for the price of one, or put the number of gold coins to sell for in the silver box and other silly mistakes. Vigilant sellers quickly tries to cancel their auctions to avoid losing a fortune. With BottomScanner you can pick it up before they are able to cancel it.

But towards the little hint for this tread. The mp3-file that is played when a bargain is found with BtmScanner, has a 556 miliseconds delay before no actual sound is played. For my part, whenever I use my computer, I always have WoW and BtmScanner running in the background. Whenever I hear the ding, I alt+tab back to WoW to check the bargain that is found. If it's cheap, I buy within less than a second. The thing is, the 556 ms delay in the ding-dong file that is played when BtmScanner finds a bargain, delays my reaction time by 556 ms before tabbing back to WoW after a bargain is found. 556 ms might not sound like a lot, but most raiders should know that 556 ms is a ton of time.

So, what I did, was opening the mp3 file World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\BtmScan\Sounds\DoorBell.mp3 in a simple audio editor like Audacity (GPL opensource), and removed the silent delay in the mp3 file, just select, and cut it, and then exported the new file over the old mp3 file.

And after the editing, you can enjoy faster reaction time, and get more cool bargains, so you can fatten your sack of gold coins!

[Hint] Auctioneer addon/BtmScanner