0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows Movie Maker and Fraps Problems

Whenever I record a video then use Windows Movie Maker to edit it, when I try to upload it on youtube or video.google, it always fails, and says like "process was invalid" or something. PLZ HELP ME! I really wanna know how. Then I could make movie guides. And I have Trial Fraps Version, and after I record for like 10-30 seconds, it stops recording, how do I change that. PLZ HELP AGAIN! Ty in advance.

Windows Movie Maker and Fraps Problems
    Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Windows Movie Maker and Fraps Problems

You need the full version of fraps. That 30 second thing on fraps is the main reason i even bothered to find the full version of fraps and just DL that

Also look for GameCam, it's quality in movies isn't AS good, but it's still pretty dang good, and entirely free

Other then that just look around the forums here, i'm pretty sure eventually maybe possibly somone posted a full fraps DL link :P

Also:
    http://www.google.com/support/youtub...28&topic=10558

"Invalid file format error" means that your video is in a format that our system doesn't accept. We accept most file formats, including .wmv, .mov, .mpg, or .avi. If your video meets these minimum requirements and still won't upload, it may be due to a problem with the video compression you are using. We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 320x240 resolution with MP3 audio.

If you're using Windows Movie Maker, it's also possible that you tried to upload your .MSWMM file. This is not an actual movie file. An .MSWMM file is a Windows Movie Maker project file. If you're satisfied with your movie, choose the "Save Movie File" option under the "File" menu to create a movie file that can be uploaded to YouTube.
    Are you sure that you're not accidently hosting the .mswmm file?
    Last edited by Enfeebleness; 02-14-2007 at 07:42 PM.

xlAnonym0uslx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thank you very much

edestron's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Stop saying things you don't Know. Please.
    I've had this problem for over a year, but I jsut read a guide from another site, i jsut found out how, i got three movies on you tube
    The reaosn it fails is Because youtube has no access to your C driuve, this is what you do:
    I use Unregistered fraps and windows movie maker to, when youv got asll clips ready and movie ready, click file or so whatever its called, were all the save options are, Now, find the option called "Save movie file.." Click it, and save the Movie to your Computer! in videos folder or so, Once it is done, you can Upload it to youtube, make sure your Using the Version that you saved to computer with, wpc or so file, Thats How you do it, You don;t need full fraps or any thing! Yopu jsut have to save it to computer in a different way!

-Good luck!!
    I want you to Put all your fingers against eachother.. I want you to start pressing hard,and go up..

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by edestron
    No. Stop saying things you don't Know. Please.

Um......... duh... perhaps?

Of course i don't, i googled the 'error' he was getting, got nothing, and improvised to try and post possible fixes. Just because you DO know what was wrong, doesn't magicly mean others can't try and help.

BTW:
    If you're using Windows Movie Maker, it's also possible that you tried to upload your .MSWMM file. This is not an actual movie file. An .MSWMM file is a Windows Movie Maker project file. If you're satisfied with your movie, choose the "Save Movie File" option under the "File" menu to create a movie file that can be uploaded to YouTube.
    .... oh, guess who's random guess to try and help was magicly right?
    Oh yeah, mine.

GJ.

BTW2:
    Then I could make movie guides. And I have Trial Fraps Version, and after I record for like 10-30 seconds, it stops recording, how do I change that. PLZ HELP AGAIN! Ty in advance.
    That's what i was addressing, did you finish reading any of our posts completely?
    Last edited by Enfeebleness; 02-15-2007 at 12:26 AM.

jimmy2222's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

movie format is probably your problem there (not sure if enfeeb already posted), when your done with your movie, you should convert it to the appropriate file type (.wma .wmv .avi or w/e) then once that's done, you should be able to upload it.