0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 100k Guild bank scam

About 5 months ago a freind of mine decided to leave the game and it was late at night and there was 4-5 of us on Vent at the time. He said he was burned out and blah blah blah and was gonna delete his toons so he wouldnt be tempted to come back.

Someone on vent said no, give it to me instead, and he was like "you really want it?" and they was like "yeah"
    So he proceeded to give the login/password over vent. Now the other 3 fellows on vent I suspect were afk at the time because they hadnt said anything in a long time and it was like 2 a.m.

I logged into the account the next day just to see if I could. The login/pass worked perfectly and I snooped around a bit and saw it had a 70 Shadowpriest which was the guys main, and on another server it had a 70 Druid.
    Theres wasnt really much gold on him at the time and nothing worth taking to be honest.

Well fast forward to 5 months later and Im digging through an old notebook because I always write things down in a notebook beside my puter, and I came across that login/password.
    I decided to log in again to see if it would still work and bam I got right in. The priest had been stripped down and it looked like someone just took everything of value off him and abandoned him.

I decided to check the 70 druid on another account, and BAM I walked into a goldmine of Epic proportions!! Apparently someone had started playing the druid and was in a serious BT/Hyjal raiding guild.
    NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY WERE AN OFFICER WITH TOTAL ACCESS TO GUILD BANK!!!!
    I looked in the guild bank and had to sit there and catch my breath a moment. First thing I see is 88k gold in the bank. Then I go browsing through the tabs and theres 356 hearts of darkness!!! OMG they sell for 500 gold each on my server. Theres 103 epic gems and a whole tab with nothing but epic patterns. Theres half a tab with nothing but cauldrons, a whole tab of flasks, and a lot of large prismatics, and void crystals.

Now heres my dilemma. I want to steal it ALL, lol. I mean who wouldnt??
    I have settled into an agreement with myself though and I only want to loot the hearts of darkness and not bother with everything else. I believe I can make at least 100k gold from the hearts even if I discount them for quick sale!!
    Thats enough gold to last me a couple years in WoW.

So, today I went out and bought another copy of WoW, and a gamecard. I am gonna create a level one alt on that server and heres my plan. I'll wait till thursday night at 2.a.m. when not many people on. I'll log into the main character and go to the guild bank. At the same time I'll have my new copy of wow running and log into my level one toon who will also be sitting at the IF bank.
    Im gonna take out the hearts on the druid and immediately trade them to the level one on another account. Then im gonna let them stay there for appox 10 days just to make sure he dont get banned.

If afte 10 days the account isnt banned I'll transfer the level one over to my main server and put the hearts up on the AH in the middle of the night really cheaply. I'll have my banktoon buy them out and then start reselling them over the next few weeks till Im fat with gold.

My only concern is that they return the hearts to the guild bank and ban my level one toon on my new account. I can live with that if it happens, as I realize its a risk I'll have to take.
    What bothers me though, is will they ban any other accounts on that same computer from that same internet IP? I hae my main raiding account on this computer too and dont want to risk getting it banned, which is why I went out and bought a gamecard and another copy of the game.

I can accept the fact that they might ban the level one but do they usually ban other accounts by association on the same computer?

The 100k Guild bank scam
    2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah they don't ban ip's you can always use a proxy tho
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say go for it I'd try to get as much as you can haha

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phat, please contact me on AIM or MSN.

I can answer all of your questions. What you just described is essentially my specialty. That's why they call me "the WoW Lawyer".

Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

pachuco55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely use a proxy. Search in the forums for one, but you should be good. Imo, 100k gold is a little much to keep to yourself... sell some of it to like mogs or something and collect cold hard cash!

shindaustin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id be happy 2 help u.
    i have alot of friends who dont play wow that have computers around my house...I can always use theirs 2 get u the gold.
    Pls msg me

Rangvald's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, you cant transfer a lvl 1 first of all.

There is also a goldlimit when you transfer (A level 10 can take X gold while a lvl 70 can take Y gold, dont know the exact ammounts)

My suggestion would be; Make the level 1 alt. Make sure its not getting banned.
    Transfer your main to the scammserver, trade everything from your new bankalt to your main (Or another random lvl 70 you have). Change the name in the transfer (Just make sure your old name is taken! Can be done with your own alts.)
    Stay on the scammserver for 1 month, have fun, do some pvp, whatever youd like :P Dailys to get more gold perhaps? :P
    Transfer back to your server and change back to your old name, ppl will never know you where gone and now you are a lot ritcher

cobey321's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use the tor proxy and you should be ok man what noobs why didnt they change the username and pass at the begginin lolol nice one tho bet u will be happy man

Technique's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't get banned for having access to a guild bank , it's happened before.. If you have access to everything in the guild bank , you can take it.. I remember a GM saying it somewhere in someone's signature.. They did a guild bank scam , but it's not considered a scam . GM said:"He had access to the guild bank , so it's not a scam"
    -[imgl]https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1685/techxo0.jpg[/imgl]-

Jareth123's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    There is also a goldlimit when you transfer (A level 10 can take X gold while a lvl 70 can take Y gold, dont know the exact ammounts)
    * Level 10-30: 300 gold limit
    * Level 31-50: 1000 gold limit
    * Level 51-69: 5000 gold limit
    * Level 70: 10000 gold limit