WoW Vice President on Console Porting: “Of course! Yeah, we talk about it all the time.” menu

User Tag List

Scumstation's Avatar Super Moderator ♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰♰
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    82/167
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW Vice President on Console Porting: “Of course! Yeah, we talk about it all the time.”

The possibility of World of Warcraft coming to consoles has been discussed for a long time. At BlizzCon 2023, Holly Longdale, the vice president and executive producer for World of Warcraft, mentioned to Gameradar that Blizzard Entertainment is interested in the idea and talks about it frequently. She suggested that technical challenges may not be a major issue, but adapting the game’s accessibility for console players could be different.

When Gamesradar asked if Blizzard Entertainment finds the concept interesting: “Of course! Yeah, we talk about it all the time.”

Questioned about whether technical hurdles or complications would prevent World of Warcraft from coming to consoles, the vice president expressed uncertainty about this being a limiting factor.”Well, it depends on who you ask. I don’t think it is, frankly. I think we’re pretty well positioned, which is kind of why we talk about it.”

With Microsoft’s acquisition of Blizzard Entertainment, there’s potential for World of Warcraft to become available on consoles, especially on platforms like the Xbox Series X. However, as of the interview, there hadn’t been significant discussions or decisions regarding this.

In summary, while Blizzard is open to the idea of bringing World of Warcraft to consoles, there are no definite plans or timelines for this yet. It’s an exciting possibility for the future, but it will take time for concrete decisions to be made.

WoW Vice President on Console Porting: “Of course! Yeah, we talk about it all the time.”
  2. Thanks AnubisAccounts (1 members gave Thanks to Scumstation for this useful post)