Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploring Eye of Azshara: Tutorial

Hello again,

After searching the forums and not finding any tutorials for exploring beyond the invisible walls and confines of the dungeon Eye of Azshara, I figured I'd share a potato quality video that will show you exactly what to do. The actual tutorial lasts for about a minute a half of the video, which is followed by questionably edited footage of me scouring the various ships for treasure that was not there, and trying non-ingeniously to glide to the instanced world. When I heroic Leap, it is also possible to wall walk to those positions, but I am a champion of wall walking failures so Leap was much more convenient.

Not much I can do about the video quality, I'm using my potatotop while I study overseas

Enjoy!

Last edited by Koruun; 09-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Exploring Eye of Azshara: Tutorial
  2. Thanks Sysio, akspa420, Dovah, OrcWiz (4 members gave Thanks to Koruun for this useful post)
    Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, man...
    Don't just say thanks, click thanks!

Sysio's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    7/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great, well done. Did you ever try to explore farther than that? I was inspired to try and explore past the invisible wall where you ended the video. A bit north of that is a lighter portion of water that changes zone to the Great Sea. I have always been disconnected when trying to get past it so I'm curious whether someone managed to.

Koruun's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sysio View Post
    This is great, well done. Did you ever try to explore farther than that? I was inspired to try and explore past the invisible wall where you ended the video. A bit north of that is a lighter portion of water that changes zone to the Great Sea. I have always been disconnected when trying to get past it so I'm curious whether someone managed to.
    Thank you! I tried a few more times, but I was unsuccessful in breaching the invisible wall around the rest of the Broken Isles, but I used very vanillish glitching methods, so usually I don't try anything with offline mode, dc, flight etc. I know that there are some very skilled individuals on this forum that can probably get past the wall though. Not sure if VotuUs is still a regular on this forum, or Spoutnik, but I know that they would have a method I'm sure.

Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Koruun View Post
    Thank you! I tried a few more times, but I was unsuccessful in breaching the invisible wall around the rest of the Broken Isles, but I used very vanillish glitching methods, so usually I don't try anything with offline mode, dc, flight etc. I know that there are some very skilled individuals on this forum that can probably get past the wall though. Not sure if VotuUs is still a regular on this forum, or Spoutnik, but I know that they would have a method I'm sure.
    Originally Posted by Sysio View Post

Everything past that wall is actually an illusion unfortunately.

This is the Broken Isles WDT. (Brown square = Playable. Purple = Illusion.)

Eye of Azshara is somewhere near this red circle:

And this is the dungeon WDT.

I'm not the best at explaining it and don't want to say something wrong so here's the wiki for WDT.

WDT - wowdev

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

7. Thanks Koruun, Sysio, Augury13 (3 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    Koruun's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dovah View Post
    Everything past that wall is actually an illusion unfortunately.

This is the Broken Isles WDT. (Brown square = Playable. Purple = Illusion.)

Eye of Azshara is somewhere near this red circle:

And this is the dungeon WDT.

I'm not the best at explaining it and don't want to say something wrong so here's the wiki for WDT.

WDT - wowdev
    Very interesting, thank you for the info! That's a shame though, it looked really interesting and I was looking forward to trying to get to Dalaran to compare it with the end time Dalaran. If someone was to bypass the wall, what would they find?

-Kor

Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Koruun View Post
    Very interesting, thank you for the info! That's a shame though, it looked really interesting and I was looking forward to trying to get to Dalaran to compare it with the end time Dalaran. If someone was to bypass the wall, what would they find?

-Kor
    I'm not sure. Aside from the obvious hacking there isn't many ways to get past WDT / End game walls. Even with model editing if you just edited the WDT you'd get a crash. I'd be willing to bet you just fall through like you fall through the fake water which was added in Cata.

I believe this is new legion tech and Eye of Azshara is one of if not the only dungeon to use it.

Imagine how much space could be saved if blizzard made all of the out of bounds areas in dungeons illusions. It would probably hurt exploration quite a bit though!

Edit: Piercing the secrets of Eye of Azshara
    Last edited by Dovah; 09-10-2016 at 10:55 AM.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

noah123103's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a different way up using outlaw rogue's grappling hook. Not much to explore sadly

Exploring Eye of Azshara: Tutorial-mount-gif

castiel92's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for necroing 3 weeks old thread, i managed to get outside of Eye of Azsahara with my DH - and i get debuff and sharks comes and eats me

Razormaw Shark

I couldnt manage to use Goblin Glider from highest peak there because it says "You cant do that right now"

Zulch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by castiel92 View Post
    Sorry for necroing 3 weeks old thread, i managed to get outside of Eye of Azsahara with my DH - and i get debuff and sharks comes and eats me

Razormaw Shark

I couldnt manage to use Goblin Glider from highest peak there because it says "You cant do that right now"
    They have disabled Goblin Glider in Eye of Azshara because people have been using it in order to skip trash packs.