Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the liberty to categorize all of the quotes from the puzzle box to see if there might be something we over looked, and from what I saw there are 3 categories in which the quotes fall under.

RANDOM QUOTES
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.

THE SUNKEN CITY/OCEAN QUOTES
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

THE BLACK FOREST/GOAT QUOTES
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.

This might not help at all, but maybe going back over some of the clues the box gives, will open a new perspective on this research. There has got to be some sequence of events that have to take place during that 10 seconds of delay between clicking the box and having it whisper you in order to open the box, I would assume.

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    joell28's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try ur puzzle box here :

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron-oldgod-jpg

this is in icecrown. this is a oldgod and the twilight cult is digging it up
    its a replica of c'thun phase 2 ( right at the moment when it switch from phase1>phase2 this is his exact look)(no eye/tentacle/) anyway this place is also underwater. but that far

Good luck!
    Last edited by joell28; 03-07-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    @Joell28, did you use the Puzzle Box during their song?

I've waited around for that song before (video on my YouTube channel)... looks like I'm going to have to farm this Puzzle Box and do it again... popping the Puzzle Box, while in the Blessing of the Old Gods, during the Fey Darter ritual sounds like something I need to try for myself...
    i dont have the puzzle box =P

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eSko View Post
    please, cool it with that "whas" nonsense... it's "was" ffs!
    sorry im dutch/dislexted ^^

Ninjashifter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using furlbog form on exactly the mushroom specified to no avail, can you go into more depth about what exactly you were doing? I also noticed a small Darter in the picture, is that a pet? That may be required to get this effect. Once furlbog form is off cooldown I am going to wait for the fey ritual and use Blessing of the Old God + Both Tentacle Trinkets, + Furlbog Form Perhaps and try to open the box. I luckily have nearly all items that are speculated to have effects for this insane puzzle.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What question should I ask GM next? I have currently an open ticket about something else, but I am gonna utilize "Is there anything else I can help you with?" at the end of the dialogue.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninjashifter View Post
    I tried using furlbog form on exactly the mushroom specified to no avail, can you go into more depth about what exactly you were doing? I also noticed a small Darter in the picture, is that a pet? That may be required to get this effect. Once furlbog form is off cooldown I am going to wait for the fey ritual and use Blessing of the Old God + Both Tentacle Trinkets, + Furlbog Form Perhaps and try to open the box. I luckily have nearly all items that are speculated to have effects for this insane puzzle.
    yea that little darter whas my pet my friend whasnt able to see it only i whas. we have no idea how it worked wierdest thing is ever time he get off the muskroom its gone every time he stands its gone etc its only there if he sits down. (and only sit on the muskroom)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What question should I ask GM next? I have currently an open ticket about something else, but I am gonna utilize "Is there anything else I can help you with?" at the end of the dialogue.
    As him about any correlations between either the sea orb or the fey drunk darters in relation to opening the Puzzle Box. Then ask him if he has been instructed by blizzard to encourage random journeys or if he is being serious. I believe that may be the case for some of these GM's, maybe they are just instructed whenever someone is like "X + X = Mystery super secret magic right?" They insist on continued exploration for continued profit. Idk just be thorough.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by joell28 View Post
    yea that little darter whas my pet my friend whasnt able to see it only i whas. we have no idea how it worked wierdest thing is ever time he get off the muskroom its gone every time he stands its gone etc its only there if he sits down. (and only sit on the muskroom)
    Sprite Darter Egg Pet correct? That pet is extremely rare, and I think it may have a correlation with the effect you are achieving. Try getting another friend with the Furlbog item to try what you did, or rather try being able to replicate the effect except without the pet out.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninjashifter View Post
    Sprite Darter Egg Pet correct? That pet is extremely rare, and I think it may have a correlation with the effect you are achieving. Try getting another friend with the Furlbog item to try what you did, or rather try being able to replicate the effect except without the pet out.
    il try it out when my friend get on also as ally ( whas ally when i got it ) it whas quite easy, took me 3hours to get this pet

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    il try it out when my friend get on also as ally ( whas ally when i got it ) it whas quite easy, took me 3hours to get this pet
    Luck i would assume? Its a pretty low drop rate .

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nyarly's conversation with a GM indicates the need for the right tool, whatever that might be.
    Your own question got pretty much an affirmative answer, that the box can be opened when the right conditions are met.
    These are the two key things that I think have really opened this up wide, they are more or less confirmation that there is something more to the Box.

But what might the right condition be? It could be another item, the right place, the right time, the right action, or the right person/people.

So I'd say there are five open questions that would really help solve this puzzle: what, where, when, how, and who.

Nyarly's GM seemed to indicate, by talking about the right can opener, that some other item might be involved. In other words, we know that the "what" question is probably an important one.

It would help enormously if we knew whether the other questions were important or not.

Place is still an unanswered question, even though this is what started this thread in the first post. Along the same lines, we have no information from GM's about whether the Box can only be opened at certain times. Or whether it requires a certain technique or process (like being dead for example). And, I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised success involved a the right kind of group, rather than just an individual effort.

So I'd suggest you find a way of asking about the where, the when, the how, and the who. Can it only be opened at a particular place? At a particular time, in a particular way, or by a particular person or group?
    Last edited by Mahbub; 03-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a bit of a bigger picture note, I'm wondering if we might find any insights by thinking about Indiana Jones. Archeology obviously riffs off Indiana Jones. Is the puzzle box the Ark? The Ark required a special item, a special place, and a special ritual to be opened. And of course when it is opened, it zaps everyone, melts their faces, and closes right back up.

This might not have anything to do with the Box, but maybe it will trigger a thought in someone. Indiana Jones + HP Lovecraft = ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try ur puzzle box here :

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron-oldgod-jpg

this is in icecrown. this is a oldgod and the twilight cult is digging it up
    its a replica of c'thun phase 2 ( right at the moment when it switch from phase1>phase2 this is his exact look)(no eye/tentacle/) anyway this place is also underwater. but that far

Good luck!
    Tried with Blessing of Old God + Pendant of Scarab storm and Both tentacle trinkets popped, no dice, although i did get the message "The Drowned god's heart is black ice." which made me think what about Black Ice - Item - World of Warcraft The Ring and Black Ice - Item - World of Warcraft The Polearm equipped while trying different locations.

tyeeeee1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by x40xcalx View Post
    I took the liberty to categorize all of the quotes from the puzzle box to see if there might be something we over looked, and from what I saw there are 3 categories in which the quotes fall under.

RANDOM QUOTES
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.

THE SUNKEN CITY/OCEAN QUOTES
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

THE BLACK FOREST/GOAT QUOTES
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.

This might not help at all, but maybe going back over some of the clues the box gives, will open a new perspective on this research. There has got to be some sequence of events that have to take place during that 10 seconds of delay between clicking the box and having it whisper you in order to open the box, I would assume.

I'm not sure if this will help but the only thing in WoW that I can remember having at least seven eyes is the large dog demon boss from Dire Maul. In Dire Maul there are many dead trees. I doubt this helped at all but who knows =)

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast