0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Few References...

I was bored enough, and looking around Azeroth, you can find so many references... I decided to post a few that I found... Sorry if this has been posted before / if I posted this in the wrong section o.o

Half Life - (I've already posted it: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...half-life.html)

Star Trek: Lenny "Fingers" McCoy, a references to Star Trek's Leonard McCoy

The Beatles: There's the obvious one in Un'Goro Crater, Ringo the Goblin. Ringo is the Beatles' drummer, and is known for his big nose. Goblins have large noses. But there's also another reference in Goldshire, the Physician 'Michelle Belle', a reference to the Beatles's song "Michelle Belle".

Pink Floyd: Innkeeper Floyd Pinkus in Thrallmar. There is also a draenei on Azuremyst Isle that says "How can you eat your pudding if you don't eat yer fish?", a reference to the song "Another Brick In The Wall 2" Where you can hear somebody shouting "How can you eat your pudding if you don't any meat?!"

Weird Al: The quest 'Red Snapper - Very Tasty!' on Azuremyst Island is a reference to Weird Al's movie 'UHF'

Snakes on a Plane: The easily noticed crashed plane in Nagrand that is covered with snakes.

Tenacious D: There's a shield called the "Tenacious Defender" with the description "It has the power to... Move you."

Stars Wars: You can receive an item called a "Power Converter" with the description "Next best thing to going to the academy."

Monty Python: There's a quest called "Bring Me Shrubbery!" An abvious reference to the Monty Python and the Quest For The Holy Grail movie, with the Knights of Ni demanding to get a shrubbery. And in Eastvale Logging Camp called Terry Palin that says "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day!", a reference to Monty Python's Flying Circus's 'Lumberjack' skit.

Terry Pratchet 'Discworld': In Theramore Isle is an NPC called 'Captain Garran Vimes', a reference to Terry Pratchet's Discworld series character 'Captain Samuel Vimes'. In Duskwood, there is Darkshire's 'Night Watch', refering to Terry Pratchet's book "The Night Watch" (Terry Pratchet FTW, BTW)

Lord of the Rings: There's an item in the game called 'The 1 Ring'. Think about it for a bit.

Flintlocke (World of Warcraft comic series): At the Zeppelin Crash Site in Hellfire Peninsula (A reference to the comic itself, Flintlocke and his friends crash a Dirigible into Stormwind) you can receive a quest with a reward 'Flintlocke's Piloting Pants'

Ophra Winfrey: In the Temple of Talhamat (I think that's how it's spelled) the Innkeeper is called 'Caregiver Ophera Windfury'

Bio Dome: In the Edo-Dome in Netherstorm is an NPC called Pauly Shore. (I caught this one while listening to Weird Al's 'Albuquerque' where he mentions having to watch Bio Dome with Pauly Shore)

South Park: An Ethreal in Netherstorm sometimes say, "How do you kill that which has no life?" which is said in South Park's "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, featuring World of Warcraft.

And that's all I could find and remember for now (I went around looking for all the references I had found that I could remember ingame.) Enjoy, and feel free to add you own.

Edit: I'm also glad to say that searching for a writing all of these references down was fun, and gave me something to do for a good while
    Last edited by Errage; 07-27-2007 at 07:25 PM.
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

A Few References...
    Suq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A Few References...

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/91/

11 pages full of "references"
    if you found them all yourself then gj, not that hard to google for that though...

niv3k77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another one. Reference to starcraft if you look inside at the screen of any goblin shredder.

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Suq View Post
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/91/

11 pages full of "references"
    if you found them all yourself then gj, not that hard to google for that though...
    Damn, never knew that >.< These were all references I found on my way from 1-70 awhile back, and remembered and went to find for this :\
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

Suq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding such stuff on your own is a great thing, a lot of them are hidden really good. I think the only one i found beside Haris Pilton was the green-dressed guy in Un'goro who forgot about his past xD (Obvously Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.

niv3k77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One reference I thought was funny. It's more of a reference to world of warcraft since the movie came out after the game. In the movie Domino, Lucy Lui's character in the movie is named Tarren Mills. Reference to Tarren Mill in hillsbrad.