0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Theory) Continents Overlapping revisited [Teleportation on a live server]

Hello there! You may remember me from my origional posts about teleportation on a live server. I have been studying more about the overlapping continents and here it is:

The contents that blizzard have set into the game are obviously overlapping. This may sound confusing but let me explain. Often times when one logs off on a Zep, or dies in a place with a Z coord below zero (that means that the area is below sea level) or even disconnects in a place with a Z coord below zero; they appear in an area on another continent, but I have figuired something out.

Countless times people have proven teleportation and have shown places they have teleported (for more info look at the map I posted below, same colored circles are where people have teleported). Now, often, places that people travel change, such as Undercity to Orgrimar, then Undercity to Stone Talon Mountains, then even Winterspring to Westfall. So I figuired something out.

THE CONTINENTS OVERLAP BUT ARE CONSTANTLY SHIFTING/MOVING.

In a way it makes sense. Blizzard loads the continents seperately. IE, if you swim from one to the other, you will hit an invisible wall. So if they ARE loaded seperately, why have them so far apart, that just wastes space, and may cause lag. And it makes sense to move them every once in a while, possibly once a day, so that hackers don't screw things up, or people start to teleport too often.

For steps on how to teleport between the circled areas on my map, here:

1. Be in an area that has a Z coord below zero (I.E that means it has to be somewhere below sea level. This could mean in a crater, UNDER WATER SOMEWHERE, or any other place)

2. Find a place that blizzard does not intend for you to be, or log off in. This is almost anything. I am thinking that most ground is made to support, but if you walljump onto a hill, or behind a spear rac leaning against the wall (this works in the undercity behind the battle master) then the ground is not reinforced, and you can "fall through it", or teleport.

3. Log off for a period of time (3-6 minutes on average).

4. Presto! You are on the other continent!

Its free, its interesting to exploit this way, it may take a while, but its fun to try and exploit the system!

FOR PROVEN AREAS OF TELEPORTATION, THE CICLED AREAS ON THE MAP I PROVIDE ARE THE AREAS! Cicles of the same color are places to teleport to.

ATTENTION: Teleportation changes every so often, and the continents shift, so teleportation from BOTH CONTINENTS TO THE OTHER is possible, not just one to the other.

Thank you for reading, have fun exploring!

P.S. Saying +rep, doesn't add it - press the button .

P.P.S. I DONT F**KING CARE ABOUT YOUR FLAMING, AND NOOEN ELSE DOES EITHER. I don't care if your 70 mage can quickly teleport, or you can take the griphon, it DOESN'T MATER! Hearthstones aren't always set, not everyone is playing a 70 mage, not everyone can afford long gryphons, so seriously, shut the f**k up, and walk the f**k on, becuase noone cares.

- Cows Go Quack

The map is in this link:

WoW Overlap Map

ATTENTION! THE RED CICLES IN THE PICTURE ARE WRONG! The red circles should be WESTFALL to WINTERSPRING, sorry for the confusion

Oh, and one more thing, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO TELEPORT FROM ONE CONTENENT TO A ZONE ON THE OTHER WHERE THERE IS AN INSTANCE (any level) PLEASE POST AS A RESPONCE! Thank you
    Last edited by CowsGoQuack; 07-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you?

WTB -rep button!

(Theory) Continents Overlapping revisited [Teleportation on a live server]
    Razmataz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember:
    Die in Kalimdor in an unknown place; teleported to Westfall GY
    Die in Azeroth in an unknown place; teleported to Barrens GY
    Don't make judgements on every place overlaps Westfall/Barrens.
    These places are basis places, i.e, the first spirithealer locations.

Saiket's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This gets wackier every time I read it... I'm strangely reminded of the Time Cube.
    AddOn developer and long time explorer.

Clown^'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol'd big post crits you for 10000

isnt this just the two continents post re-wirtten?

i dont really know didnt particularly read it :/

Zokmag's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razmataz View Post
    Remember:
    Die in Kalimdor in an unknown place; teleported to Westfall GY
    Die in Eastern Kingdom in an unknown place; teleported to Barrens GY
    Don't make judgements on every place overlaps Westfall/Barrens.
    These places are basis places, i.e, the first spirithealer locations.
    Fixed Azeroth is Kalimdor and Eastern.
    But you have something in your theory... But if i got this right they made the invisible wall so people dont swim in hours and then suddenly send a ticket ''OMG U JUST WASTED MY WHOLE DAY I WAS TRYING TO SWIM TO THE OTHER CONTENT BUT IT NEVER ENDED! OMG I'M GONNA QUIT WOW NOW!!!!''
    That's why and yep they load seperate.

SmotPoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clown^ View Post
    lol'd big post crits you for 10000

isnt this just the two continents post re-wirtten?

i dont really know didnt particularly read it :/
    says the guy who just posted link to glitchy's post and tryed to get rep for it

Denial is Ok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And world of warcraft is round too! lawls the maps do not overlap at all....what happens is the client and the server get the map id mixed up. You sir...fail

I hate it when people mention +Rep in their signatures...oh wait...fail

mudfish's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its funny how when someone posts something, about 3 other posts follow about the same thing. My post was on the homepage for about 2 days and there is 4 pages of people explaining that its just a **** up. nice try though.

sohnemann's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iradiation's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by denialisok View Post
    And world of warcraft is round too! lawls the maps do not overlap at all....what happens is the client and the server get the map id mixed up. You sir...fail
    stfu you know what i find funny all you post are flames seriosuly you need to get a life if thats why you come here.

Denial is Ok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what the internet is for....complaining dammit and that is what I'm going to do...
    He just stole the info from mudfish's post

I hate it when people mention +Rep in their signatures...oh wait...fail

CowsGoQuack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by denialisok View Post
    He just stole the info from mudfish's post
    ARE YOU ****ING RETARDED! CHECK MY POST LOG IM THE ONE WHO FIRST POSTED THIS, MUDFISH CREDITED ME IN SAYING THAT THE SAW THIS A FEW MONTHS BACK! Get a ****ing life, and get your info straight

WTB -rep button!

Kuiren's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop flaming, if anyone flames beyond my post, you will be infracted/banned.

Instead of flaming, research the topic at hand and show your results and have a clean debate, instead of acting like a fool and saying, "You're wrong NOOB GTFO."

ricoc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so let's keep it factual: we know that position is determined by 4 variables: map, x, y, z.

The "overlap" is that the (x,y,z) of one map and the same (x,y,z) on another map areoften both reachable places

Sometimes you get glitches during a map change: the client (which determines where you can move) thinks you're on a different map than the server: your client thinks you're in silithus and sends that map, while the server says you're in westfall. Thus you can see mobs (sent by server), like pigs floating in the air, or you appear floating/underground to other players.

Often happens to Horde players with zeppelin travel (thus the link UC/Stonetalon, STV/Silithus.

Now the OP says there are places where you can force those glitches. Question is: How and where can you do this, and how can you exploit them?

CowsGoQuack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ricoc View Post
    Ok, so let's keep it factual: we know that position is determined by 4 variables: map, x, y, z.

The "overlap" is that the (x,y,z) of one map and the same (x,y,z) on another map areoften both reachable places

Sometimes you get glitches during a map change: the client (which determines where you can move) thinks you're on a different map than the server: your client thinks you're in silithus and sends that map, while the server says you're in westfall. Thus you can see mobs (sent by server), like pigs floating in the air, or you appear floating/underground to other players.

Often happens to Horde players with zeppelin travel (thus the link UC/Stonetalon, STV/Silithus.

Now the OP says there are places where you can force those glitches. Question is: How and where can you do this, and how can you exploit them?
    Well, the point is, usually this place has to have a Z-coord below zero, and you can find ways to teleport, but what I posted was meant for people like you (no offense) to see something. The continents are shifted by blizzard, so that hackers and exploiters cannot like find the EXACT place on a continent to teleport into the room of UC where the boss is and raid that way, or find ways to teleport into unfinished content.

WTB -rep button!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast