8/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PTR] Stat Stack Exploit -- All-in-one!

Alright, so there's already plenty of threads about the stat-stacking PTR exploit, so my aim is to condense them all into one single thread, and then add a little more information.

1) The Exploit:

Start with any two bags. These bags -must- be different. I used a Netherweave and a Primal Mooncloth. Fill the larger of the two bags with gear. Not just any gear though, use the highest stat gear you can find. DO NOT FORGET SPIRIT. I cannot stress this enough. I'll explain, since this is part of the information that -isn't- in the other threads. The stat-stacking works off the principle that the game thinks you're wearing your normal gear AND the gear in the bag. Every time you switch them out, it fails to remove the second set of gear, but -does not- fail to reapply the stat bonuses. Spirit is crucial, otherwise you'll have a million hit points, but take hours to regen it all.

Next, put the -empty- bag in one of your bank bag slots. Make sure that your bag full of gear is in your -first- bag slot, immediately next to the default backpack.

2) The Macro:

Code:
    /run local a,b,n,l,p=20,68,"Primal Mooncloth Bag",GetInventoryItemLink,"player"if l(p,a)and l(p,b)and not IsInventoryItemLocked(a)then if n==GetItemInfo(l(p,b))then p=b;b=a;a=p;end PickupBagFromSlot(a)EquipCursorItem(b)end
    Replace the "Primal Mooncloth Bag" with whatever bag you have in your first bag slot (next to backpack).
    You can easily setup AutoIt to clicky-clicky for you for a while, and come back to insane stats.

3) Tips:

You cannot zone anywhere without being reset to your normal stats. That means no continent changes, no portals, no instances, no BGs, etc.
    There -is- a stat cap. If you push your stats too high, you may disconnect or have negative stats. If this happens, you will be back to normal after a login/logout.

Blizzard may or may not be fixing this as we speak, because the PTRs are down. Chances are though, they won't. You can't do anything but PvE non-instance mobs, or PvP/Duel. None of that affects the actual 2.4 content that's being tested, so it doesn't really matter much.

4) Credit:

PTR Bug Find - Everyone? LOL
    Macro - Saiket
    Discovering how the stat-stack is determined - My stupid ass for using the macro wrong by putting the bag in the wrong place, and being told "You can only wear that in Shadowmoon Valley" when the bag the macro used had my Spectrecles in it.
    Since hardly any of this information is "new",

I don't expect rep. If you want to show appreciation, go rep Saiket, or one of the other posters about the PTR bug. All I did was condense the info into one post.

[PTR] Stat Stack Exploit -- All-in-one!
    Lucifear's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost, tho you added some new stuff..
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...ing-stats.html
    Last edited by Lucifear; 02-27-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Vladinator's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike the other topics he at least cared to post a macro to make the bag swapping easier, so rep for that imo (and detailed explanation of the procedure).

Zeedoox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when is the ptr gonna be back up?

Zeedoox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and if someone has vent or something and can explain what im supposed to do that would be great