Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete Korrak Quest in Anniversary AV 2x for 2x ilevel 400 Weapons

***NO LONGER ACTIVE! Worked only during Korrak 15th Anniversary Event!***

I can only see this working for Horde, for reasons that will very quickly become clear (short version: this requires Merc Mode and Alliance likely will not see it in BfA at all).

Explanation:
    The quest "Korrak the Bloodrager" is the Alliance version of the quest, with quest ID 57638.
    The quest "The Legend of Korrak" is the Horde version of the quest, with ID 57639.
    These carry unique flags when you check for completion with the IsQuestFlaggedCompleted commands (copy/paste below).

/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57638)
    /dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(57639)

As Horde that has completed the quest and obtained an ilev 400 weapon, you will see the 57639 flags as "True", while the Alliance version flags "False". When one is complete, it does not complete the other.

Now, the method to obtain a second will explain why it is currently Horde Only.
    If you go to the Mercenary NPC as Horde, you have the option to take a 1 hour long buff that allows you to queue for BGs as Alliance. Inside the BG you are then able to pickup the Alliance version of the quest (57638). As long as you do NOT remove the buff, you can complete and hand in the quest within AV, even if you leave the BG and kill Korrak in Zul Drak, and queue for the BG a second time to turn in.

I last completed this on December 2, 2019 at 11pm PST. If several others make use of it, I can imagine it being hotfixed in a hurry, especially after it has been posted here. If you have a Horde Alt that Dual Wields, or needs a second ilev 400 weapon for offspec, you should probably act quickly. As these are standard quests that appear naturally when you queue as Merc, I do not imagine it being a bannable exploit, as simply accepting the "Shared Quests" or clicking the ! when you enter as a Merc would create this same scenario.

NOTE: I have tried completing them in both orders, Alliance Merc Mode first, then Horde normally for the second; Also confirm it working the other way, Horde First and Alliance Merc for the second. Both seem to work fine. I suspect most will already have the Horde version done, and the Merc will be weapon number two.

Second NOTE: If you remove the 1 hour buff, or run out of time before completing the Alliance quest, it will vanish from your Quest Log! Again, just to be clear, if you accidentally (or intentionally) click off the Mercenary Buff, the Korrak Alliance Quest 57638 will disappear with it! Take the Merc Mode buff, pickup the quest, and hand it in quickly.

Final NOTE: I have done this on 4 Horde toons thus far, but I HAVE NOT tried logging out to let the 15 min deserter buff tick down. Theoretically that should be an easy way to pickup the quest, drop group, solo Korrak in Zul Drak, log out for the rest of the debuff and then queue again. I have NOT tested it to see if it works, so attempt it at your own risk.
    Last edited by JustSomeNinja; 01-27-2020 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Event Ended

Complete Korrak Quest in Anniversary AV 2x for 2x ilevel 400 Weapons
  2. Thanks jaczar, Augury13, Thien (3 members gave Thanks to JustSomeNinja for this useful post)
    jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to add on to this exploit.... you can go to AoA in Zuldrak, kill Korrak, enter bg and then turn in without having to have a group to kill him. can literally one shot and queue to turn in.

JustSomeNinja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update (Nov 3, 2019, 2pm PST)
    I have learned that you can complete the Alliance Korrak Quest in Merc Mode, and let the "buff" time out, and the quest will stay in your Quest Log as "Complete". You WILL need to reactivate Merc Mode to turn it in to the Alliance NPC, but I currently have a level 117 Horde Mage with both quests in the log, both -COMPLETE- and ready for hand in as I write this update.
    ...granted, you have only 1 possible reward as a mage, and having 2 of them is pretty useless, but I've already done all my dual wielding classes and wanted to test further.

*EDIT* added photo for the sake of documentation.
    Korrak.jpg
    Last edited by JustSomeNinja; 12-03-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added photo.

Zazs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the NPC exactly for my alliance toon that finished the quest when I queue as horde?

"Please note that only the faction that is currently experiencing long queue times will have the option to act as a Mercenary, and only when those queues reach a certain point. The threshold has not been revealed and likely won't be."

I was visiting the guy in Dalaran a few times and wondered why I couldnt talk to him. I either get the option by chance or never at all before the event finishes.
    Last edited by Zazs; 12-04-2019 at 05:25 AM.