26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Metheor2 View Post
    Yes that's the one, it works like Discombobulator Ray because it puts you in combat with the pet.
    Well crap. I don't have Gnomish Engineering on my Hunter (Goblin ftw, or so I thought), nor do I have an engineer buddy who is willing to help. There's no way for me to do this solo on a Warrior, is there? Currently farming materials to make the trinket, but none of the combat ones work with Warrior from what I've tried.

EDIT: I bit the bullet and went Gnomish on my Hunter (RIP all that farming time). I tried the feign death thing, but it doesn't ever work. I put my pet in a distant area so it can't quickly melee, cast growl and passive right after, use the poultryizer (doesn't change shape?), feign death, battle pet resets. Does my pet not need to feign death, just me? And how is the poultryizer not turning things into chickens? Low proc chance?

EDIT 2: I feigned and left the pet where it was, got my giant chicken. I even did it to an actual chicken battle pet just for the hell of it. Thanks for the instructions!
    Last edited by SuddenlyBRAINS; 02-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Change wild battle pets skins
    Mirrors's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuddenlyBRAINS View Post
    Gnomish Poultryizer, right? Did it require the two account method, or does this work like Polymorph and Hex? I too would like a decently sized pecker of my own.
    I've been using the Gnomish Poultryizer and my chicken keeps transforming small like a normal chicken. Am I doing something wrong?

Liekos's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mirrors View Post
    I've been using the Gnomish Poultryizer and my chicken keeps transforming small like a normal chicken. Am I doing something wrong?
    just keep trying. the bigger grey chicken is just a random proc that can happen since, you know, gnomish engineering. took me like 15 tries.

PS if your engineer is a mage, you can just trinket/discombobulate, then greater invis, then immediately interact with the critter to go straight to battling.

4. Thanks Mirrors (1 members gave Thanks to Liekos for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    5/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Liekos View Post
    just keep trying. the bigger grey chicken is just a random proc that can happen since, you know, gnomish engineering. took me like 15 tries.

PS if your engineer is a mage, you can just trinket/discombobulate, then greater invis, then immediately interact with the critter to go straight to battling.
    Thanks man, I had a feeling it was something along those lines of a proc but I must have some bad RNG. I'll keep at it!

SuddenlyBRAINS's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured out how to get the ghostly sailor solo using a Night Elf Death Knight and "Interact with Target" bound to an easily pressed key.

1. Get a Ghostly Sailor via Control Undead
    2. Find a battle pet, obviously
    3. Use the macros Metheor2 listed on page 2 of the thread. Big thanks for making this easier.
    4. When the target battle pet is changed, dismiss the sailor NPC. It will attack you.
    5. Keep up with the battle pet, being in range to interact with it.
    6. When in range, shadowmeld and SPAM THE HELL out of the interact button.

Took me two tries, but it worked the second time. I greatly suggest using a level 60+ Night Elf Death Knight for this because of the racial Vanish, makes it so easy.

unie01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find! thanks

Kaizuken's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    60/293
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change wild battle pets skins.

Still works, thanks.
    Got a fresh Murky.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured out how to get the ghostly sailor solo using a Night Elf Death Knight and "Interact with Target" bound to an easily pressed key.

1. Get a Ghostly Sailor via Control Undead
    2. Find a battle pet, obviously
    3. Use the macros Metheor2 listed on page 2 of the thread. Big thanks for making this easier.
    4. When the target battle pet is changed, dismiss the sailor NPC. It will attack you.
    5. Keep up with the battle pet, being in range to interact with it.
    6. When in range, shadowmeld and SPAM THE HELL out of the interact button.

Took me two tries, but it worked the second time. I greatly suggest using a level 60+ Night Elf Death Knight for this because of the racial Vanish, makes it so easy.
    I don't know whether I should be impressed by your genius, or phone Interpol to have you arrested as a potential threat to NATO.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Thanks G/R
    5/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found any new transformations to try?

Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mirrors View Post
    Has anyone found any new transformations to try?
    Currently "attempting" a few more using an Outlaw Rogue's bribe ability, but meeting trouble (likely due to being solo)
    1. Elrodan - NPC - World of Warcraft - This guy casts a bunch of random polymorphs on a friendly NPC. I keep dying as soon as I bribe him, so I can't tell if he has actual spells or not.
    2. Gatrul'lon Curseweaver - NPC - World of Warcraft - One minute debuff. I can't keep the battle pet in combat for a full minute, as it keeps resetting halfway through.

EDIT: Both are hostile to Alliance, but friendly to Horde. You'll need an Alliance Rogue for both, if you want to try them.

There were a lot of polymorph, transformation, and so on effects on Wowhead, but most of them are not linked to anything that I could find. A huge amount also do damage, so they're out of the question. If anyone wants to try to find more using the spells, here's the filters you need; Uncategorized Spells - World of Warcraft

As a general note for the thread, everything still works as of yesterday, since I got all of them for my friend in one day (excluding the chicken);
    - Shaman Hex (all variants)
    - Mage Polymorph (I don't have all of them, but I assume they all work)
    - Murloc from Howling Fjord
    - Cursed Sailor from Wetlands
    - Big Black Co-chicken from Gnomish Poultryizer
    - Leper Gnome from Discombobulator Ray

I also tested the Worgen in Duskwood, but those require a player target. No worgen pets, sadly.
    Last edited by SuddenlyBRAINS; 03-01-2018 at 02:31 PM.

12. Thanks Metheor2 (1 members gave Thanks to SuddenlyBRAINS for this useful post)
    Aznkid1011's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually not bad. Will test

Metheor2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Elrodan - NPC - World of Warcraft - This guy casts a bunch of random polymorphs on a friendly NPC. I keep dying as soon as I bribe him, so I can't tell if he has actual spells or not.
    2. Gatrul'lon Curseweaver - NPC - World of Warcraft - One minute debuff. I can't keep the battle pet in combat for a full minute, as it keeps resetting halfway through.
    Good call, just choose a battle pet that fights instead of fleeing.
    Change wild battle pets skins-battle-pet3-png

I don't think Elrodan is really casting spells as they don't show up in the combat log nor on wowhead.

Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, which pet fights? I haven't seen that before. Then again, I normally don't attack critters.

EDIT: found out that Grove Viper does that. So, here's written instructions for solo rogue!

Required: Outlaw Rogue level 90+ on Alliance, A macro (below), and Interact With Target bound to a key.

1. Use Bribe on Gatrul'lon Curseweaver - NPC - World of Warcraft (Alliance only)
    2. Find a Grove Viper - NPC - World of Warcraft battle pet.
    3. Make the following macro (probably not needed?);
    /cast Cheap Shot
    /stopattack
    /cleartarget
    4. Enter Stealth, use the above macro on your victim
    5. Cast your Gatrul'lon Curseweaver's spell Curse of Ga'trul - Spell - World of Warcraft
    6. OPTIONALL So you don't die from the incredible threat of this level 1 critter, use Blind. Lasts the entire duration of the Curse.
    7. Once the curse expires, and the target transforms, dismiss the Gatrul'lon Curseweaver. It will now be attacking you.
    8. Vanish and spam the hell out of your Interact With Target keybind as you vanish. MAKE SURE TO TARGET THE PET.
    9. If lag and RNG don't screw you, catch the pet. It's in the higher level range, so be prepared.

Of course, it's probably easier than what I wrote out, but hey; this works.
    Last edited by SuddenlyBRAINS; 03-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

forgotoldaccountlol's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, which pet fights? I haven't seen that before. Then again, I normally don't attack critters.

EDIT: found out that Grove Viper does that. So, here's written instructions for solo rogue!

Required: Outlaw Rogue level 90+ on Alliance, A macro (below), and Interact With Target bound to a key.

1. Use Bribe on Gatrul'lon Curseweaver - NPC - World of Warcraft (Alliance only)
    2. Find a Grove Viper - NPC - World of Warcraft battle pet.
    3. Make the following macro (probably not needed?);
    /cast Cheap Shot
    /stopattack
    /cleartarget
    4. Enter Stealth, use the above macro on your victim
    5. Cast your Gatrul'lon Curseweaver's spell Curse of Ga'trul - Spell - World of Warcraft
    6. OPTIONALL So you don't die from the incredible threat of this level 1 critter, use Blind. Lasts the entire duration of the Curse.
    7. Once the curse expires, and the target transforms, dismiss the Gatrul'lon Curseweaver. It will now be attacking you.
    8. Vanish and spam the hell out of your Interact With Target keybind as you vanish. MAKE SURE TO TARGET THE PET.
    9. If lag and RNG don't screw you, catch the pet. It's in the higher level range, so be prepared.

Of course, it's probably easier than what I wrote out, but hey; this works.
    I just successfully replicated this, and the Emerald Turtle, Spiny Terrapin and Bucktooth Flappers all attack you when aggroed. However, if they drop combat, the curse falls off, so this is easiest done with a friend to bribe and cast.

EDIT: Infected Worgen Bite will make the pet, in theory, a cool Worgen... but the bite does 150 damage so I cant see a way around killing the pet
    Last edited by forgotoldaccountlol; 03-01-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks G/R
    26/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by forgotoldaccountlol View Post
    I just successfully replicated this, and the Emerald Turtle, Spiny Terrapin and Bucktooth Flappers all attack you when aggroed. However, if they drop combat, the curse falls off, so this is easiest done with a friend to bribe and cast.
    Good to know. I had trouble finding a snake since the first one I found got killed by a questing low level who thought I was in trouble or whatever, but when I do this for my friend, I'll know to look for more things. The thing about dropping combat is the biggest crutch, because when you're solo, the aggro doesn't INSTANTLY drop, so you have that split second window to hit your interact key. Clearly not the smartest method, but as someone with only one account and no friends online, it's all I had. Thankfully, I got it on the first try so I didn't need to wait for Bribe's awful cooldown.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast