(6.1 ?) Apexis Daily Optimization [Exploiting design oversight] menu

User Tag List

#ClumsyWizard's Avatar Contributor The Clumsiest of Wizards CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(6.1 ?) Apexis Daily Optimization [Exploiting design oversight]

Earlier tonight, or this morning. Everything past the end of my raid time is a blur (11pm PST), but I've noticed that the Apexis Daily areas safe their progress regardless of when you were last there.

I noticed this while on one of the Treasure Hunter quests I ended up in Socrethar's Rise in Shadowmoon Valley. I hadn't been in the area in a few months, and my progress bar was saved at 75% from my last visit. I easily finished this up, and came up with an idea.

I immediately made my way to the other Apexis Daily areas (Shattrath City, Broken Precipice, Magnarok, Mok'gol Watch Post, Everbloom Wilds, and Iron Siegeworks), using the previously listed as a starting point I spent roughly 45 minutes killing things in one and moving to the next, moving the bar up to a reasonable amount of fill.

What this does:

1. Allows you to knock out the majority of a daily area in one go, the progress doesn't reset with server resets, or maintence.
    2. With the new introduction of scouting reports you can easily spend a day knocking out the daily zones to roughly 90-99% and going onto the next, allowing you to spam complete the scouting missions for those areas.
    3. This seems to be a huge design oversight as I feel the progress should at least reset, or degrade overtime.
    4. Get on this while you can.
    EDIT: 5. Can easily knock out the Apexis Shard step in the legendary chain for those of you starting it on Alts, or still on that segment. (Collect 4096 Apexis Crystals.)

Note: Bar might not always show up, kill anyways. Progress fills up invisible bar.
    Last edited by #ClumsyWizard; 02-27-2015 at 10:31 AM.

(6.1 ?) Apexis Daily Optimization [Exploiting design oversight]
    azza's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not an exploit is intended.

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azza View Post
    not an exploit is intended.
    Positive? Feels like a design oversight.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your oversight is that you can farm the same amount of mobs in the same areas to do the dailies that you don't have, so that when you get those dailies you have them done already?

It seems like all you are doing is doing quests that you don't have. I don't see the advantage in this unless you are already going to be in those areas killing anyways. Otherwise how is this any different than farming any material that drops when you don't have a quest?

lilsniff's Avatar Contributor *snort*
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    137/89
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might just be me being stupid, but where in this exploit do you gain any advantage? Yes you get to ready up some AC sites, but you don't really get any real advantage do you?

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    So your oversight is that you can farm the same amount of mobs in the same areas to do the dailies that you don't have, so that when you get those dailies you have them done already?

It seems like all you are doing is doing quests that you don't have. I don't see the advantage in this unless you are already going to be in those areas killing anyways. Otherwise how is this any different than farming any material that drops when you don't have a quest?
    Perhaps I'm a tad sleep depreived, and I thought this was initially an exploit. Whereas I can easily repost this in... the GUIDE section.

Originally Posted by lilsniff View Post
    Might just be me being stupid, but where in this exploit do you gain any advantage? Yes you get to ready up some AC sites, but you don't really get any real advantage do you?
    Other than cutting corners, and saving time. A bit of time.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by #ClumsyWizard View Post
    Perhaps I'm a tad sleep depreived, and I thought this was initially an exploit. Whereas I can easily repost this in... the GUIDE section.

Other than cutting corners, and saving time. A bit of time.
    It's not saving any time though. You have to do the same amount of work you normally do. The only difference is if you do it now rather then when the game asks you to do it. IF there were some kind of a reward for turning things in faster or something perhaps it could be used to exploit that, but just doing the work for a daily that you haven't gotten yet doesn't feel like any advantage to me.

beyondbirthday1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is great! Due to work schedule I have multiple days where I just don't have time for my dailys and this way I should be able to pretty much complete it on the days I have time and not have to worry about my work days right?