Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed! menu

User Tag List

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021 LastLast
    /Random's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    21/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tracber View Post
    How do I keep extending this raid lockout if I can only remove it? People on here are saying you can keep extending the lockout on the same character, but from what I'm seeing, that is impossible.
    You can only extend it once a week and even then, only if the lockout was from the previous week(s), but that's all that's needed. You're only suppose to extend the lockout on an alt that won't be completing it, that way you'll always have the right lockout.

The goal is to have a lockout on an alt with the boss you need alive, but the other bosses dead, then you re-activate it each week. After that, you use this thread's method to share that lockout with your other characters; the characters you will be completing it on.

Your screenshot shows that you have extended it this week, already.

Edit - I've decided to make an example, as some appear to be confused about this.

Week 1:

1.) Log on Demon Hunter and clear ICC 25 Normal up to the Lich King (important that you do not kill the LK and that it's on Normal)
    2.) Make an LFG group on the Demon Hunter group with auto invite on
    3.) Log onto an alt who hasn't done ICC this week that I wish to kill Heroic 25 LK on
    4.) Join group, enter raid (on Normal 25), then swap it to Heroic while inside and after I accept the lockout (which should happen the second you enter)
    5.) Kill LK for loot
    6.) Hearth out and leave the group
    7.) Repeat from Step 2 until I run out of alts that can do it

Week 2 (only step 1 is different):

1.) Log on Demon Hunter, who still never killed the LK, then reactivate the old raid ID
    2.) Make an LFG group on the Demon Hunter with auto invite on
    3.) Log onto an alt who hasn't done ICC this week that I wish to kill Heroic 25 LK on
    4.) Join group, enter raid (on Normal 25), then swap it to Heroic while inside and after I accept the lockout (which should happen the second you enter)
    5.) Kill LK for loot

Every following Week is the same as Week 2. There's a slightly different method that I use, but I don't want to confuse anyone.
    Last edited by /Random; 08-26-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Using the same raid lockout Every Week to farm rare mounts! No Second Account Needed!
  2. Thanks Sklug, The Graphic (2 members gave Thanks to /Random for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I keep extending this raid lockout if I can only remove it? People on here are saying you can keep extending the lockout on the same character, but from what I'm seeing, that is impossible.
    Maybe it has been unclear. That's ok! Let's clear it up now! People are talking about how you extend it each week. You only need to extend it on one character, one time, each week. This character you will NEVER kill the boss in that you want to kill. This character holds the raid ID for all your alts that will. So, on Tuesday reset, you just go on that toon, extend the IDs of the various raids you wish to farm again on all of your alts, and you are good to go. The picture you link shows an already extended ID for DS 25. Again, raids just need to be re-extended after the weekly reset. Hope this helps!

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by /Random View Post
    You can only extend it once a week and even then, only if the lockout was from the previous week(s), but that's all that's needed. You're only suppose to extend the lockout on an alt that won't be completing it, that way you'll always have the right lockout.

Week 1:

1.) Log on Demon Hunter and clear ICC 25 Normal up to the Lich King (important that you do not kill the LK and that it's on Normal)
    2.) Make an LFG group on the Demon Hunter group with auto invite on
    5.) Kill LK for loot

Week 2 (only step 1 is different):

1.) Log on Demon Hunter, who still never killed the LK, then reactivate the old raid ID
    2.) Make an LFG group on the Demon Hunter with auto invite on
    5.) Kill LK for loot

Every following Week is the same as Week 2. There's a slightly different method that I use, but I don't want to confuse anyone.
    Exactly! Great post!

Tracber's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not able to get an alt saved until I kill a boss, so I can't "extend the lockout on an alt that won't be completing it"

zj123's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    9/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using my bad geared alt to have the saves to last bosses.
    Its pretty good to have all on one character so you dont have to remake the group like first i do ICC then jump down from the Lich King platform to kill myself then i fly to Ulduar.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not able to get an alt saved until I kill a boss, so I can't "extend the lockout on an alt that won't be completing it"
    Why would you want to extend the lockout on an alt? You are sharing the raid ID carried by ONE toon, that is it. All of your alts are killing the boss based off of the one extended ID from the one toon you will not kill the boss with because they will carry the ID over each week. If this is still confusing for you from here on out, then maybe this is not for you. I would highly recommend re-reading the OP as maybe you do not understand what this is trying to accomplish.

Handdepp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did they fix it? It dosent work anymore on my alts.

ownedwolf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldnt get this to work anymore either. Maybe it was because I was a 100 trying to get into a save done by my 110? Anyone confirm that this was "fixed" ?

catboyslim's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to do this a hell of a lot - with 10 or so chars.

Tried today for the first time in Legion and noticed that when I logged off and onto another char I couldn't see the group I'd made on the previous char at all.

I can confirm that using a 2nd account still works as I am doing so right now but I appreciate it was much more useful on the same single account.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by catboyslim View Post
    I used to do this a hell of a lot - with 10 or so chars.

Tried today for the first time in Legion and noticed that when I logged off and onto another char I couldn't see the group I'd made on the previous char at all.

I can confirm that using a 2nd account still works as I am doing so right now but I appreciate it was much more useful on the same single account.
    I just did this last week and it worked. I'll have to try after work today as I haven't tried this week. Make sure you don't have a check in the box on an ilvl restriction or something when forming an LFG group because that is a common issue with not seeing your group.

Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    I just did this last week and it worked. I'll have to try after work today as I haven't tried this week. Make sure you don't have a check in the box on an ilvl restriction or something when forming an LFG group because that is a common issue with not seeing your group.
    Ok thanks - I'm sure I didn't tick anything but if you got it to work I'll have another go too I only tried the once.

Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, latest update.

I just managed to do this again from one account to share a ICC25 lockout up to the Lich King.

Worked fine for me today, will try on some more toons later.

14. Thanks Sklug (1 members gave Thanks to catboyslim for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final update - can confirm this is working again now as it always did. Ran ICC on two more toons using the group finder and a single account.

16. Thanks Sklug (1 members gave Thanks to catboyslim for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by catboyslim View Post
    Final update - can confirm this is working again now as it always did. Ran ICC on two more toons using the group finder and a single account.
    Hey thanks! Ya, I was going to update you that it worked for me and completely forgot. Thanks for reporting back!

Wonderchild88's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to speed up the progress because i always have to wait for my logged off toon to give me groupleader to put in on heroic. If i accept lockout and leave grp, i get ported out of the instance.