Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See RARES on mini-map before they spawn!

Hello Ownedcore! First time post here... I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly intended, and I haven't seen a post like this one before! So I've been farming Warbringers again with my girl because she wants all 3 colors and I noticed something.

I have the add-on called "Rare Coordinator" which I am pretty sure most of you have already for Timeless Isle.

But what I noticed is that it actually SHOWS a skull on your minimap for the Warbringers about 5-10 seconds BEFORE it spawns! With this I have managed to tag multiple Warbringers first without wasting much effort at all!

It's hard to get a screenshot of this but, I will keep trying as I have a short window of opportunity! (I'll edit with a screenshot if I get it! But this does indeed work!)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just realized this COULD be the add-on HandyNotes!
    Last edited by jaskaos; 10-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.

See RARES on mini-map before they spawn!
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jaskaos View Post
    Hello Ownedcore! First time post here... I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly intended, and I haven't seen a post like this one before! So I've been farming Warbringers again with my girl because she wants all 3 colors and I noticed something.

I have the add-on called "Rare Coordinator" which I am pretty sure most of you have already for Timeless Isle.

But what I noticed is that it actually SHOWS a skull on your minimap for the Warbringers about 5-10 seconds BEFORE it spawns! With this I have managed to tag multiple Warbringers first without wasting much effort at all!

It's hard to get a screenshot of this but, I will keep trying as I have a short window of opportunity! (I'll edit with a screenshot if I get it! But this does indeed work!)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just realized this COULD be the add-on HandyNotes!
    Every boss type monster has a skull in the minimap without any addons of my knowledge. Idunno if they are part of that group, but cool if not i guess. because i could/most people could edit it to show what you want on the minimap almost like the quicktrack hack. Try being next to it with the addon off.

DarkShuyin's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skulls on minimap have been added in 5.4.

also, if you have the time to stare at the minimap waiting for it to show a skull, wouldn't it be easier to make a macro and just spam it...?

jaskaos's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses! I've been trying to figure out the skulls and you are correct, they were added with 5.4!

So is it intentional that they are showing the skulls on the minimap BEFORE the Warbringer actually spawns? It pops up a 5-10 seconds before hand it seems. I assumed it was HandyNotes/RareCoordinator.

Chinaboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's intended i think saw this happening alot with turtle and crane rare on timeless isle

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, the only reason I posted this was because others haven't said anything about this... and no one else in my groups have noticed it pop up before spawn but me.

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha...I thought the skulls on the map were due to an add on too.

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jmulhern345help View Post
    your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
    FYI, +3 Rep for the OP for sharing that with the community, even if its exploit or no, its nice to know that the icons appear few sec before the actual bosses can be tagged!

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cecu View Post
    FYI, +3 Rep for the OP for sharing that with the community, even if its exploit or no, its nice to know that the icons appear few sec before the actual bosses can be tagged!
    Why.... he even stated in a later post it was a theory and it was added in patch 5.4...... So if i'm like i can get in a brand new raid Called Siege of Orgrimmar i get rep? kind of a stupid reason to spread imo.... Feel like repping people is supposed to support people who actually earn it and show your gratitude other than just a kind post.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have a major itch against me or something... not one post has been positive or even remotely nice. Relax. We understand already that this is intentional, you don't have to be rude in all your remarks. People can spread rep however they please, you're not a mod or in charge of it all.