0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AFK During LFR / Dungeon Queues

This has worked for a while now and it makes queuing for LFR way less irritating since you don't have to stare at the screen for 30+ minutes as a dps waiting on it to pop. The way that queues work now are that you can have multiple things queued at once (BG, Dungeon, etc.). The queues will pause when you are taking part in another queue related activity. This means that you will technically still be in queue. What this means is that there are several ways to manipulate your queue.

The Most Efficient:
    If you are a warlock and have the green fire quest you have the option to go into the black temple scenario. Join your LFR queue and enter the scenario. You can now go afk without any worry (well besides the system kicking you for being inactive too long but this can be fixed by an anti-afk program or similar thing). When you are back at your computer or believe that you have been in queue for long enough, simply exit the scenario. It may take a second to register that you have been in the queue for that amount of time, but once it does you will be at the top of the list for the queue.

The Non-Warlock Method:
    I'm sure that there are many other ways but one that I have found are pet battles. You do everything the same as above except with pet battles. One issue that I have found however is that you might get kicked from a pet battle after a certain amount of time for being inactive. To get around this just end the battle and start a new one every now and then. This method is still helpful if you are just alt-tabbing during queues.

The Non-AFK Method:
    This method is more obvious. What you can do to avoid just sitting in your capital city during LFR queues is simply queue up for something else that is quicker. These include arenas, bgs, and scenarios. This will give you the option of doing something else instead of gouging your eyes out watching the group slowly fill up.

Thanks for reading my post. If you have any questions or input on the different methods be sure to leave a comment. Thanks

AFK During LFR / Dungeon Queues
    Yamakid's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing, most people knew this already I guess (besides the Warlock one). But thanks anyhow

afghanjohnny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found another non-warlock way.

Just get a [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen], queue for that and enter but don't start the timed run. Works like the warlock scenario.

Hordeglider's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just use http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...assistant.html (Dungeon Teller - A LFR / LFD queue assistant) and just browse the Internet or do whatever until your LFR popped so you don't miss the queue. If you do use it, make sure you update the latest offset and it's on the last page.
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

thecoruptserver's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by afghanjohnny View Post

Just get a [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen], queue for that and enter but don't start the timed run. Works like the warlock scenario.
    great addition +rep

Originally Posted by Hordeglider View Post
    You can just use http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...assistant.html (Dungeon Teller - A LFR / LFD queue assistant) and just browse the Internet or do whatever until your LFR popped so you don't miss the queue. If you do use it, make sure you update the latest offset and it's on the last page.
    though that tool is useful some people would rather not use 3rd party programs

manswisdom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by afghanjohnny View Post

Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I find that I now can queue up and go have dinner, do the laundry or similar fun activity and then jump out if the scenario when I have time to play. Great find, gave you rep OP for making me think of this.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also works great if your char havent completed all the Thunder Island story scenarios. Just talk to the horde or ally NPC that starts them and off you go to a paused queue.

forceshield's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats awesome; so your time in queue actually counts toward your place in line for the next available when you're in another "queue"?
    I know I've assumed it was lucky LFR popups after some battlegrounds, but I had always just assumed it was "paused" like it said.
    That's awesome to know, and thanks for sure for sharing.
    Dungeon Teller works great, but my downfall is running out of the room for 30 seconds for bathroom/drink/etc and coming back to "You missed it sucker, try again in 45"

You can queue for thunder king treasure run without using your key as said above (just dont talk to the lady after you enter or she starts the timer and takes your key)