161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Exploit] Hidden Achievement/FoS "Don't Want No Zombies on My Lawn"

This achievement/feat of strength is not meant to be obtainable ingame as the endless mode required was removed before the launch of Cataclysm. There is however a workaround/exploit that allows you to obtain it regardless of this.

I've searched for this but have not found it posted here before. A pre-requirement is that you have not completed the quest series before. If you have, then I am sorry. I do not think you can obtain it.

Step 1: Travel to Hillsbrad Foothills and complete the Basic Botany, Flower Power, Gouls Hate My Grains quests of the series. It is very important that you do not complete "Someone Setup the Pumpkin Bomb" quest. It is probably also possible to complete this on the "Lawn of the Dead" quest but I did it on the earlier one.

Step 2: Start the quest "Someone Setup the Pumpkin Bomb". As soon as you have started it disconnect. By pulling the cable. I disconnected by pulling the cable when confirming it but by accident(net went down for a second) when discovering it.

Step 3: Re-connect as soon as you can. The quest should now be failed but you should still be playing. The event will now be in endless mode. Continue playing it by any decent guide, f.ex: Peacebloom VS. Ghouls - The Strategy Guide to complete the achievement. After surviving 15 waves you will obtain the achievement. Congrats.

*edit* It seems to bug for some people when reaching 6/7 or 7/7 waves where the waves just stops spawning. If you are stuck at 6/7 or 7/7 for a couple of minutes without additional spawns then I suggest you try again.

*edit* Added video - does not show getting the ach as I already had it on the char I recorded on;

*edit* You can also get the "Bloom and Doom" FoS;

Originally Posted by Mothership View Post
    Bloom & Doom quick guide

1. Start quest "Someone setup the pumpkin bomb"

2. When you see the game field Alt+f4 or have 2 wows open and login from the other.

3. Pickup sunpower untill zombies starts to spawn. If they wont start to spawn after 30sec just leave vehicle and start again (this wont reset your progress).

4. Don´t plant anything just wait and let them walk towards the FERTILIZE-O-TRON 2000 and they will get killed. You will get 1st wave complete from the 3 first ghouls and 2nd wave from the a bit bigger ghoul what looks like DK pet. If the bigger ghoul spawns on a line where FERTILIZE-O-TRON 2000 is consumed already just exit the vehicle, you wont always get 2 waves from one try because of the RNG. You can see how many waves you have done on the current try from the 0/7 meter above your hotbars.

5. Start quest again (no need to abandon the failed quest before) and repeat steps 1 2 3 4 and about 8-15 tries later you will get the achievement.
    Last edited by Fadelol; 08-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    ~Fadelol

[Exploit] Hidden Achievement/FoS "Don't Want No Zombies on My Lawn"
    Devanh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, I can't test this right now but this is very big. This is probably going to get fixed straight away, the fact you can get one more achievement than what should be possible means it will be abused by a lot of people, particularly achievement hunters like myself. +rep for this absolutely awesome find.

The fact this is a feat of strength makes it no less valuable - it's still an achievement. If anything, the fact it is FoS makes it more valuable.

Edit: I'd like to suggest moving this to elite before everyone has it.
    Last edited by Devanh; 08-12-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Zomtorg's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you fail to survive, is there any way in which you can start all over again?

P.S. - Will try it anytime soon

Fadelol's Avatar ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Thanks G/R
    161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Devanh View Post
    Oh no, I can't test this right now but this is very big. This is probably going to get fixed straight away, the fact you can get one more achievement than what should be possible means it will be abused by a lot of people, particularly achievement hunters like myself. +rep for this absolutely awesome find.
    Just realised it is a Feat of Strength and not an achievement that gives points. Which, I assume, makes it less valuable for achievement hunters.

Originally Posted by Zomtorg View Post
    If you fail to survive, is there any way in which you can start all over again?

P.S. - Will try it anytime soon
    If you fail to survive you can just start that part of the quest chain over again.
    Last edited by Fadelol; 08-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    ~Fadelol

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This accidentally happened to me a few months ago when trying to get the pet on my main. I didn't realise my internet got cut off for a few seconds and the waves kept on coming non stop. I thought something was fishy as it took like 10-15 minutes and the final wave still hasn't arrived. Didn't get the achievement though as I just said "**** it" and went somewhere else.

Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried this with Bloom and Doom - Achievement - World of Warcraft, another removed achievement from the same quest chain?

Thanks G/R
    161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Devanh View Post
    Has anyone tried this with Bloom and Doom - Achievement - World of Warcraft, another removed achievement from the same quest chain?
    Going to attempt this on a third character now. I assume you can as it is, sort of, trackable ingame.
    ~Fadelol

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big question, would this be banable :P I mean someone could disconnect at that "exact" time, but still :P

Zomtorg's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, looking for somebody to volunteer to make the achievement for me because I might not have enough time now - PM ME (I'm at the quest before the actual exploit)

P.S. +Rep even though I haven't tested it yet

Intheway's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im at wave 7 and just completed it but nothing seems to happen. No zombies are spawning at all

Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying this now and I realized that OP mixed up the quests "Lawn of the Dead" and "Someone set up the Pumpkin Bomb" in his post. Lawn of the dead is the later one that should not be completed, as I cannot get this to work on the other quest.

Synrithh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I should complete "Someone Setup the Pumpkin Bomb" and try it on "Lawn of the Dead" then?
    - Exploring 2006 - 2013

https://www.youtube.com/user/mezzam

muzz1217's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did it, worked like a charm. Took around 30 minutes.

Bene1991's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it, needed about 20 mins.

GREAT finding. Will try the other FoS on other Chars after my raid.

Thanks G/R
    161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Synrithh View Post
    So I should complete "Someone Setup the Pumpkin Bomb" and try it on "Lawn of the Dead" then?
    I completed this while disconnecting on "Someone Setup the Pumpkin Bomb", sorry if there was any confusion in my OP, Lawn of the Dead should NOT be completed.
    ~Fadelol

Page 1 of 34 12345 ... LastLast