0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PvE -> PvP Points Expl

Hi, 2 Weeks ago i started going Dedicated PvP Arena and got capped, 1350/1650... then since i got my dk for pvp and my mage for pve, idc about valors for my dk, and i switched my 250 valors to 250cp, and suddenly i got 1600/1650 cp, so after i got my first 220cp piece last week i thought of maybe i get the weapon faster if i go Zhc or something to build valors and turn them to cp... and that i did, and i have gotten 2100cp in only one week while the cap says 1650/1650 and i dont even do RBG.

tl;dr
    1. cap conquest
    2. get valors points from HC's
    3. Exchange 250 vp to 250 cp
    4. profit?

Note: although i think this is not widely known since it takes thinking, it is known by at least one other player then me since this idea came up from that my arena partner and i was fishing in orgrimmar ( im alliance ) and got beaten to shit the both of us in full pvp gear by a DK in full ruthless s10 with the s10 cp 2hander ( yes i am positive because i relogged my horde fast and inspected the dk )

PvE -> PvP Points Expl
    Forgiv's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will test this. Sounds interesting.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

This doesn't work. I'm conquest capped, it just says 'You can't carry any more of these items' whenever I try to buy.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't work for me, it says can't purchase anymore.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

Flintis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a word of warning, a few weeks ago I tried purchasing 250 points just for the fun out of it. While doing so I did get the points (not fully capped yet) BUT you won't get credit towards the season total earnings by buying the points. I've spoken to a gamemaster and he said it was working as intended. So if you're saving for the ruthless weapons you'd be better off trying to cap yourself by doing arenas and rbgs.

sunshoes's Avatar Contributor FANCY UNICORN RIDER
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cometangel View Post
    Note: although i think this is not widely known since it takes thinking, it is known by at least one other player then me since this idea came up from that my arena partner and i was fishing in orgrimmar ( im alliance ) and got beaten to shit the both of us in full pvp gear by a DK in full ruthless s10 with the s10 cp 2hander ( yes i am positive because i relogged my horde fast and inspected the dk )
    Even without exploits or buying points that is entirely possible. The maximum possible conquest (without exploits) for the season up to this point is 14850. Assuming one is lucky with Baradin Hold and gets all the possible pieces from Occu'thar, the cost of the rest of Ruthless is 10150 conquest points.

tl;dr: entirely possible to have full ruthless by now without exploiting. Will still test this tomorrow.
    Last edited by sunshoes; 08-06-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Flintis said; its working as intended.

The points you trade (VP -> CP) don't count towards your season earnings, but can give you points beyond the weekly cap. (Thats why quite a few high-level PVPers are also farming VP each week as well, just for the extra bit of CP per week)

Stige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, working as intended because buying CP with VP is not earning them via RBG/Arenas thus it doesnt count for either of those.

But you still cant go above your weekly Conq Cap.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    As Flintis said; its working as intended.

The points you trade (VP -> CP) don't count towards your season earnings, but can give you points beyond the weekly cap. (Thats why quite a few high-level PVPers are also farming VP each week as well, just for the extra bit of CP per week)
    How exactly would you get extra CP each week if you are "high-level PVPr". If you are so called "high-level PVPr" you wont have shitty 1350 cap from arenas, you will have 2500+ cap and thus you dont need to do Heroics or RBGs to get the last bit of the cap.
    Super Unicum

Sahtyre's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isnt this how it is suppose to work?

bladesoul's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this works but to get it u have to be at like 1400/1650 or less because if ur at 1401/1650 u cant buy the conquest because it goes beyond the cap which u cant pass by any means ive been doing this for quite a while thought it was common sense ;P
    [url=https://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=367744] [/

butterland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and that i did, and i have gotten 2100cp in only one week while the cap says 1650/1650 and i dont even do RBG.
    A lie.

1. cap conquest
    2. get valors points from HC's
    3. Exchange 250 vp to 250 cp
    4. profit?
    Doesn't count for weapon. It can be convenient, but it's still not as good as getting your points from PvP.

Note: although i think this is not widely known since it takes thinking
    That's the first thing players tried. It's not deep thinking.

got beaten to shit the both of us in full pvp gear by a DK in full ruthless s10 with the s10 cp 2hander
    Most players got their T1 weapon last tuesday (aug 2) with the minimal amount of points / week. Higher rated players got theirs the week before (july 26) and possibly July 19th for high Rated-BG players. The high Rated-BG players got their T2 last week (aug 2) or are getting it today (aug 9) depending on the cost of their weapon.

So... I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think you had a theory, invented a story that confirms your theory works and came here to post it hoping you'd look as a genius. The bottom line is that there is no exploit here, only the normal use of mechanics in a not so efficient way.

The only exploit/bug known atm is the use of faction (or normal?) transfer to reset your weekly cap and get twice the points. But there's little information on that and results vary. It might only work with faction+transfer change if you aren't capped (ie : 1645/1650 + faction/transfer = reset to 0/1650, but 1650/1650 + faction/transfer = 1650/1650). If there's something to test, it should be this. Not some theorycrafting a 5 yr old would think of that doesn't work because Blizz obviously though of that and so did half the PvP scene.

PS : I'm being hard to you because from my POV, this is all theorycrafting backed up with lies on a subject that has been beaten to death since the very first day the new conquest system was announced. I might just be a lurker/leecher on these forums, but that's because I follow the rules and I don't invent stuff to get some form of reward (+rep or genius-of-the-internet award). When I do find something, I'll post it ; until then, I'll keep my theories to myself.

cometangel's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by butterland View Post
    A lie.

Doesn't count for weapon. It can be convenient, but it's still not as good as getting your points from PvP.

That's the first thing players tried. It's not deep thinking.

Most players got their T1 weapon last tuesday (aug 2) with the minimal amount of points / week. Higher rated players got theirs the week before (july 26) and possibly July 19th for high Rated-BG players. The high Rated-BG players got their T2 last week (aug 2) or are getting it today (aug 9) depending on the cost of their weapon.

So... I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think you had a theory, invented a story that confirms your theory works and came here to post it hoping you'd look as a genius. The bottom line is that there is no exploit here, only the normal use of mechanics in a not so efficient way.

The only exploit/bug known atm is the use of faction (or normal?) transfer to reset your weekly cap and get twice the points. But there's little information on that and results vary. It might only work with faction+transfer change if you aren't capped (ie : 1645/1650 + faction/transfer = reset to 0/1650, but 1650/1650 + faction/transfer = 1650/1650). If there's something to test, it should be this. Not some theorycrafting a 5 yr old would think of that doesn't work because Blizz obviously though of that and so did half the PvP scene.

PS : I'm being hard to you because from my POV, this is all theorycrafting backed up with lies on a subject that has been beaten to death since the very first day the new conquest system was announced. I might just be a lurker/leecher on these forums, but that's because I follow the rules and I don't invent stuff to get some form of reward (+rep or genius-of-the-internet award). When I do find something, I'll post it ; until then, I'll keep my theories to myself.
    Bullshit, lies you call? go on the venture co EU and get in contact with trade channel and get someone to tell you about the exploiting finders, you will get the guild name there. using this shit since i discovered it, my dk went from pve tank to fully ruthless geared gnome within 3 weeks, altho it doesnt work now no. i always backup my stories, and i do not post many exploits, but those i do post do work at the time of posting, just check my rep exploit that were used by many ppl in wotlk days.

[TO OTHERS OF YOU]
    soo sorry it did not work out for you but since im back in WoW now i will keep exploring every opportunity of exploitation. take care,
    lock thread