Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn. a lot of hype for this. wish i had a mage to try. the post on wowhead is over a year old btw lol
    A setback is simply a setup for your next comeback.

[Mage] Kill ANY enemy
    Fuzzah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some extensive testing on this tonight and, sadly, i've come to the conclusion that it just isn't feasible to utilize on any boss encounter. Tonight we attempted Sartharion, ToGC Anub'Arak, Archavon, and Patchwerk. I took six of my officers into the dungeons to try to execute this.

First and foremost, the original post describes highly inflated damage values. It doesn't stack as well as described. You are running into a large roadblock with the amount of hits you need to take. Every single boss is unattainable with two mages alone.

Strategy: Two Paladins, Two Mages. The first mage starts out with BoP to begin the encounter, followed with an ice block. When the ice block is about to wear, the second mage moves in with BoP, followed with Ice Block.

Ultimately, it failed every time to produce the damage needed. We had a 20x stack on Sartharion and only managed to get 1 Million life off of him. This leads me to the conclusion that it doesn't stack as well as concluded. This was with over 30 seconds of immunity cooldowns active. Archavon? Same result. Patchwerk hits relatively fast, and yet we still failed to achieve decent results. This is with four players properly executing a immunity rotation, mind you.

In every situation, properly executed, we were extremely far from executing a killing strategy. Now, five paladins and five mages may have potential, yet i fail to see how this would be any easier than executing a proper kill on even the most difficult encounters. On top of this, you are dealing with a maximum of two minutes to get out of combat, take a summon, get to the boss, and execute a strategy.

This is a great find, but not feasible for execution.

hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    First and foremost, the original post describes highly inflated damage values. It doesn't stack as well as described. You are running into a large roadblock with the amount of hits you need to take. Every single boss is unattainable with two mages alone.

Ultimately, it failed every time to produce the damage needed. We had a 20x stack on Sartharion and only managed to get 1 Million life off of him. This leads me to the conclusion that it doesn't stack as well as concluded.

In every situation, properly executed, we were extremely far from executing a killing strategy. Now, five paladins and five mages may have potential.
    Sorry you got the memo late - I realized my math was wrong after I originally posted.

Instead of (450)(3000)(100) for max damage its (450+(1.5)(3000))(100) for max damage, leading to lower numbers.

This is still millions of damage (like you said; and btw, cold snap+iceblock would get 20 more seconds in, and would probably do the trick) but not the enormous millions needed to effiecently kill bosses (and again, like you said, 5 mages would do the trick, but at that point why not just get 20 more people and down the instance?).
    Last edited by hp94; 12-30-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Tardo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPIC! Too bad that I don't have a mage. : D +Rep

okko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow! shit this is going to be so fixed !

grassynole's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPIC find dude +Rep

One question is it possible to stack it up easily then TELEPORT
    engage boss

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    Every1 knows Jesus was a shaman, think about it the reincarnate, the waterwalking... comon he was cc'd d for days!

agni's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not so good. It gives a dot to the enemy who hits you, and it stacks up every time he hits you. So you need some healer who heals you while some mob is hitting you and it takes time until its more than stack 20.. and you cant kill any raid bosses with this or probably any other hard trashes cus you cant stay alive for so long.
    Check out all my cool exploration videos at my youtube channel =)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Harzzaa

Fuzzah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you to a certain extent, Hp94, but i doubt this could be used to kill any bosses regardless. Please don't take this as bashing your idea, i love that you found it, +Rep. I'd just like anyone here that is thinking of trying it on a boss that they are going to fail horribly. This is a great novelty buff to run around with, maybe get a queue to an on-going battleground and luckily find someone to bash on you within a minute of entering, but it isn't a boss-soloing machine. Here is what i learned this evening.

Cold Snap + Ice Block is impossible. Hypothermia is going to prevent you from doing this. The first mage is going to immediately die once ice block ends - the boss will kill anyone on the threat list without an immunity cooldown first. If he runs, it only slows your application of the stacks. This is bad. You just have to let him die. The other mage must engage at the last moment to prevent the boss from changing targets as well.

More than Three Mages isn't really doable. We would engage the boss with flawless execution of our exit strategy with about a minute remaining. If we had to do another add phase on the boss for more spellstolen buffs, we would have to wait out her channeling, burn another 25%, and kill the ritualists as well. This would really cut into the time available, not to mention the possibility that the portal out would be gone by then.

Boss Despawns. One of the last problems we had was the boss despawning immediately. I speculate that this can be avoided by having one of the paladins get on the agro list split seconds before the last mage's ice block wears off and he dies. It may buy you a few moments of time for a few more ticks. More than likely, the paladin will either pull the boss prematurely or not get there in time for the immediate despawn.

Running two mages, four immunity cooldowns, we found the ability to kill with this just wasn't there for raid encounters. For anyone wanting to try it, you'll notice diminishing returns for more than one mage. The second mage had minimal uptime of application, simply because he would need to get BoP from well out of range, run to the boss and get on the agro list. The first mage would also have to die before the raid boss would switch targets. You'll see that BoP on the second mage is more for positioning and threat than it is up-time for stacking. Its only the ice block that you'll get time in for more debuffs.
    Last edited by Fuzzah; 12-30-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Wessly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, epic = true; :P

wooow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome you still didnt edit out the big numbers of your post so you get ppl fooled into believing that this is useful at all other than for fooling around

Ok, you edited in the "maybe" correct formula but it still shows 9 million damage for 10 stacks while in reality it does 40k at best

blubb12345's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol 4 pages after 17 hours
    $50 SUBWAY CARD GIVEAWAY >> https://bit.ly/aMbaU5 << LIMITED TIME OFFER

jerry_teps's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic exploit, + 2 rep. Nice work.

TOTM nom too.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did this guy get 120rep and 33 totw noms while he obviously lied greatly about how pro the buff is(which is said at page 2 or 3 already)?

hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post

Cold Snap + Ice Block is impossible. Hypothermia is going to prevent you from doing this. The first mage is going to immediately die once ice block ends - the boss will kill anyone on the threat list without an immunity cooldown first. If he runs, it only slows your application of the stacks. This is bad. You just have to let him die. The other mage must engage at the last moment to prevent the boss from changing targets as well.
    Iceblock, starts 30 seconds debuff. Physical bubble starts, thats 20 seconds of immunity, leaving 10 seconds needed to wait. Just blink and rocket boots, thats at least 15 seconds (dot stays for 24). Then begin stacking again.

hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aldun View Post
    How did this guy get 120rep and 33 totw noms while he obviously lied greatly about how pro the buff is(which is said at page 2 or 3 already)?

Because I just made 517g in 5 minutes.

WoWScrnShot_123009_102847.jpg picture by 8u3jc - Photobucket

WoWScrnShot_123009_102444.jpg picture by 8u3jc - Photobucket

WoWScrnShot_123009_102516.jpg picture by 8u3jc - Photobucket

WoWScrnShot_123009_102540.jpg picture by 8u3jc - Photobucket

Just Ice Barrier alot, void bold only does like 3k damage.