0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Stealth Breaking Macro

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy
    /cast ice lance
    This is a very simple macro, just run around and spam it. You'll almost always get them! I've been using it in arena for a while, and it works great.

Simple Stealth Breaking Macro
    darkware's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, its not really that, what we are looking for. Sorry, but this isn't an exploit.

edet123's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wtb icelance ? :c

T@rget's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replace it with a other instant, like Arcane Shot or Frost Shock, although this isn't really a exploit, just a smart trick

Ic3fuzion's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend discovered a real exploit yesterday. He actually "hacked" the wow macro's or something with scripts. He told me he downloaded the Paranoia (or Paranoiax, not sure) addon (detects nearby enemies if it detects anything on the combat log or mouseover), and combined it with /scripts (well, he hacked it he told me) and made a macro of it, and so he could see stealthed units, like rogues. Yes, he could see stealthed rogues and druids with the macro, don't ask me how he did it, but what I can tell you, is that he had a 3hr ban for doing it he told me, and blizzard deleted the macro of his cache. I asked him to send it to me but he told me it was pretty complicated, but when I find out what the macro is, i'll make a topic of it ASAP here. Even though it'll get fixed in a day or something probably.

sheeesh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're really bad enough to the point that you can't use this macro, then you should probably quit WoW.

Honestly, it may not be an exploit, but it is an extreme advantage...and it works. If people start popping out of stealth randomly, they'll report it, report you and your easy 2k rating means shit. (Of course, this is assuming you can handle that level of arena, which I doubt.)

Anyways, why exploit if there is a way like this?
    I simply posted this in the exploit section because there were a few pretty much "fail posts" that contained 0 content, whereas this works...unless you fail at WoW.

-Sheeesh.

darkware's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ic3fuzion: If you could post that method, im pretty sure you will be +Rep -ed like hell. So go for it And about the ban, its obvious, its an exploit, so its banable. But still, its fun^^

tripleblade3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ic3fuzion View Post
    My friend discovered a real exploit yesterday. He actually "hacked" the wow macro's or something with scripts. He told me he downloaded the Paranoia (or Paranoiax, not sure) addon (detects nearby enemies if it detects anything on the combat log or mouseover), and combined it with /scripts (well, he hacked it he told me) and made a macro of it, and so he could see stealthed units, like rogues. Yes, he could see stealthed rogues and druids with the macro, don't ask me how he did it, but what I can tell you, is that he had a 3hr ban for doing it he told me, and blizzard deleted the macro of his cache. I asked him to send it to me but he told me it was pretty complicated, but when I find out what the macro is, i'll make a topic of it ASAP here. Even though it'll get fixed in a day or something probably.
    Thats impossible because the server stops sending packets to other players once one player has stealthed, unless he comes within a certain range like 5 yards or something then theres no way to detect him.
    But yeah, we all know the ArcEmu team is pretty much a farce... unfortunately, it's a farce with a gazillion users. - Hellgawd
    Remember to +Rep People who have helped you!

Timmytimmelson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tripleblade3 View Post
    Thats impossible because the server stops sending packets to other players once one player has stealthed, unless he comes within a certain range like 5 yards or something then theres no way to detect him.
    See the first thread posted about this. Apparently the server sends you data if the stealthed player targets you.

KimBo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ic3fuzion View Post
    impossible.

this was a hot topic a while ago and it was found that the server doesn't send you data regarding the whereabouts of stealthed/invisible players/mobs until you are in range to detect them, and the server decides when that happens.

basically no, your friend didn't.

KimBo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Timmytimmelson View Post
    See the first thread posted about this. Apparently the server sends you data if the stealthed player targets you.
    it doesn't. it requests extra data from you, just like when anyone targets you.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KimBo View Post
    it doesn't. it requests extra data from you, just like when anyone targets you.
    That's what you want to think.

Check out this proggy

also, some d-bag made a THIRD post about this and linked personal sentry... which also works.

Axe Rogue's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail this doesnt break stealth.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Axe Rogue View Post
    Fail this doesnt break stealth.
    No, threads on internet forums generally won't break stealth, you're right about that... :confused:

darkwarrior's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this any different then just spamming ice lance by itself. When I used to play my rogue all the time, when I'd duel other rogues I'd just stealth around spamming CS and the moment he would appear I'd auto target him and CS. Unless this works when one of the team mates are out of stealth and the other one is still in stealth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast