0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Situational] Kael teleport exploit - MgT

*This was performed last on 3/28/08 by multiple guildies. The uses of this could vary from pointless to lifesaving depending on who dies and when.

As many are probably aware, the Kael fight has a teleport phase in which he brings all members to him and then throws them into the air. The exploit here is that he will bring you in from anywhere in the instance. Should one of your dpsers die (since a tank or healer dying would likely cause a wipe) then should be able to release and run back in if there be enough time.

Some may say this is useless since the fight is so easy but you never know, it could be just enough edge to pull off a kill after some bad luck. After all, no one likes a wipe!

EDIT: For those concerned about not being able to enter an encounter while a boss fight is going on the following was confirmed by the user "Warrencc";

Confirmed. I tested it in normal and heroic. It seems the trigger to keep you from zoning in during an encounter is nonexistent in normal mode. Heroic mode, however, has the trigger, so this works in normal MgT only.

PS: I searched for this and was unable to find it posted elsewhere. Should this be a repost i apologize.
    Last edited by hvynova; 03-31-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: New Info

[Situational] Kael teleport exploit - MgT
    Kazard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can not go into an instance when an encounter aka a boss fight is being taken place.

hvynova's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yes, perhaps i jumped the gun on the get back in after death portion of this. However a tank/healer/rogue were able to just fight the boss and down the pheonix/egg by themselves and when the gravity phase came the rest of the party was ported into the room as well... they wanted to see if they could 3 man the boss but instead found this little tidbit.

Take it as you will, i am still unsure whether or not this should be considered "useless" or not.

Kazard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say completely useless.

Jan 1970
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    nice find will try that at some point

warsheep's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like ya.

Mostly because you try to contribute, and do look back at your thread, instead of copy and pasting and running off.

+Rep.
    FOR A MOMENT, NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN, AFTER A SECOND OR SO, NOTHING CONTINUED TO HAPPEN.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it, if you die, you release spirit, and you enter the instance wouldn't a message pop up that the fight is still going on meaning that you can't enter?

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

Imamrcool's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If im reading correctly I think he is saying you have a rogue or druid or both stealth all the way to the last boss and once it starts it pulls everyone into the room. And skip all others...??

hvynova's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If im reading correctly I think he is saying you have a rogue or druid or both stealth all the way to the last boss and once it starts it pulls everyone into the room. And skip all others...??
    I was not saying this.... but i like it! Part of the reason i posted this was to see if anyone could come up with various uses for such an exploit. Is it possible to get past that 6 pull though? I could see it causing issues during the fight if they should add.

Kazard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Imamrcool View Post
    This wouldnt work either since there is a 6 pull right before Kael in the same room.

warrencc's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirm

Confirmed. I tested it in normal and heroic. It seems the trigger to keep you from zoning in during an encounter is nonexistent in normal mode. Heroic mode, however, has the trigger, so this works in normal MgT only. +rep

Afrobotics's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hvynova View Post
    I was not saying this.... but i like it! Part of the reason i posted this was to see if anyone could come up with various uses for such an exploit. Is it possible to get past that 6 pull though? I could see it causing issues during the fight if they should add.
    I'm pretty sure the problem is the doors that are locked behind each and every boss in the instance. Which you can not get through unless the boss is dead.
    Give a man a fish and he's fed for a day, teach a man to fish and you've ruined a good monopoly.

needtobelazy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol sweet. i play a pally tank and we did this on heroic and i told some noob mage to run back cuz he made a friend with the phonix. and died and he got in fine

kjarlot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play a resto shaman, and there is no way I can die in this fight, as I regen mana fast enough to keep myself alive, and damage kael a bit when he drops to his knees. I found it out as well just because I refused to die, and my party members started running back in, and got ported as well. we eventually got him even tho everyone died at like 35% (resto shamans are horrible at this fight if your group is too confused about bunching up for heals during lapse)