0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] How to disable Npc rendering

Hey! Does anybody know a easy way to disabable the rendering of npcs? Thanks
    Last edited by hamburger12; 08-15-2013 at 08:35 AM.

[Question] How to disable Npc rendering
    Wrongusername's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many ways, very easy if you don't mind disabling player rendering along the way.

A bunch of rendering types can be disabled selectively if you look at "Batch: model=%s index=%d" stringref and strings around it... For m2models just ret out of the function doing nothing = no players or npcs rendered or other m2s rendered.
    For more selective approach to dynamic objects rendering look at CGObject_C__ShouldRender vfunc, if you let it write 1 objects don't get rendered... So for example stacktrace, if called from CGUnit_C__ShouldRender stacktrace further and see if it's called from CGPlayer_C__ShouldRender or as a vfunc, if former = don't do anything, otherwise write 1.

hamburger12's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for your reply :-)
    Last edited by hamburger12; 08-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Empted's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try setting alpha to 1 (read here ([Help?] Wow crashes when changing and freezing a value or value changing does nothing)). That won't solve perfomance issues, but depends on what you need.

hamburger12's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the tip ^.^ its nice but it don't help at my situation. What i trying is to use 3D Ripper to rip out just the geometry ( only for dungens) for the rest i got adt parser.. if i dump with screendumping software, the tringle soup contains also the npcs.. thats why i want to disable the rendering of npcs ;-)
    Last edited by hamburger12; 08-15-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hamburger12 View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip ^.^ its nice but it don't help at my situation. What i trying is to use 3D Ripper to rip out just the geometry ( only for dungens) for the rest i got adt parser.. if i dump with 3D ripper the tringle soup contains the npcs.. thats why i want to disable the rendering of npcs ;-)
    Very interesting approach. Let us know how it turns out.

RivaLfr's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

You can render objects invisible with dynamic flags (Descriptors.ObjectFields.DynamicFlags), write 1 in DynamicFlags.
    Last edited by RivaLfr; 08-15-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    Rival/Droidz

Empted's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not parse dungeons corresponding WMOs? Seems working fine for me. If you have adt parsing app, you won't even need to code anything since it should handle wmos as well.
    Last edited by Empted; 08-15-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Game2Mesh's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hamburger12 View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip ^.^ its nice but it don't help at my situation. What i trying is to use 3D Ripper to rip out just the geometry ( only for dungens) for the rest i got adt parser.. if i dump with screendumping software, the tringle soup contains also the npcs.. thats why i want to disable the rendering of npcs ;-)
    I had done this kind of software,and used it for WOW and Blade and Soul to extract all of the map.The keypoint is how to handle the view/projection matrix to turn the model to the correct place with correct pitch/yaw angle,and fix the model coords to game world's coords.

here is a video if someone interesting with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAXUaNLQfA
    Last edited by Game2Mesh; 08-16-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: update the video

Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Game2Mesh View Post
    I had done this kind of software,and used it for WOW and Blade and Soul to extract all of the map.The keypoint is how to handle the view/projection matrix to turn the model to the correct place with correct pitch/yaw angle,and fix the model coords to game world's coords.

here is a video if someone interesting with it: Game2Mesh extraction demo - YouTube
    Thats a really interesting technique. Would be cool if you could explain this further. Are you just hooking before the DrawIndexedPrimitive of M2 / WMO / Terrain funcs and apply world transform?
    Last edited by Master674; 08-16-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Mr.Zunz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like reading the index and vertex buffer from the memory of the videocard? Just a guess, this is pretty interesting!

Game2Mesh's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Zunz View Post
    Something like reading the index and vertex buffer from the memory of the videocard? Just a guess, this is pretty interesting!
    Yes,the data source is from memory of videocard.

To Master674:
    Yes,i had hooked DrawIndexedPrimitive to get the data source,and processing the data to the obj file.

First of all,you must handle the vertex shader to transform the coords and rotations,to do that i code an interpreter to excute the bytecode of vertex shader,transform each render objs then you will get the game world's model.Maybe in some games this will be the final output,but for WOW and Unreal engine based games,the coords and rotations of this model is different with the game's geometry coords,to fix them to the correct coords based on the engine,the fix part is total different between WOW's engine and Unreal engine.

Whatever,it's a way to get the game's geometry data.For WOW,i think parse the ADT/WMO/M2 is better way,because there is so many people working on it.I make the demo for WOW just for prove this technique is adapt to different games.I had release a free version for WOW,to extract small area around character.For someone who don't want to parse the adt,that will be helpful for fix the stucking issue.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Zunz View Post
    Probably just hooking the DrawIndexedPrimitive function and logging the coords from each point of each triangle. This makes the most sense to me.