I have a Repack, but i want to compile my own server for freedom. Can i merge them later? menu

User Tag List

Peter2972's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Repack, but i want to compile my own server for freedom. Can i merge them later?

I've been working on a Repack i downloaded for months and i have edited it and added a lot of stuff like items and Npcs and quests. However repacks have a lot of limitations and i was recommended to compile my own server. However would i need to start from scartch again or can i somehow copy and paste the DBC's from my repack to my new compiled server? Also can i just turn the repack into a Compiled Server? That would solve a lot of issues.
    IMPORTANT: The repack im using is very basic, it's basically the trinity core code made into a repack, no mods or anything.

I have a Repack, but i want to compile my own server for freedom. Can i merge them later?
    karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the easiest thing to do is find out the exact source code revision it was compiled with, grab that source yourself and build the exe's and only replace the exe's. I would not advise to just grab the latest trininity code and try and use that because there might be some mismatches and you need to know what you are doing in order to fix them.

3. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to karnkore for this useful post)