0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regard WPE and "safely" using it on a private server

I was doing some theory crafting about WPE. From what I have seen some people use it to modify spells they cast so they can cast things they normally could not. I have seen lots of other things people do with it but my point here is that it seems people use it ongoing. They use WPE often. And when you use something like that often you will eventually get noticed is what I'm thinking.

So my questing is. Wouldn't the most logical way to hack a pserver using WPE be to use it a couple times and that's it? I was thinking of modifying the rewards my character got from a quest. Maybe I could make it so instead of some blue piece of gear the quest rewards me a tier token and so on. This way I would only have to use WPE a couple times and be done with it: much less chance to get caught is what I'm thinking.

Does this sound logical to anyone else?

Regard WPE and "safely" using it on a private server
    L2b's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over 300 views and no comments? do people not like to theorycraft about this stuff?

I don't know a ton about packet editing but I figured this was a good idea right?

If you're trying to cheat on a game might as well try to not get caught

CrazyCo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're basically saying don't use WPE and dont get banned. Herpderp.

If people are too dumb to get banned heurestically its their problem.

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff like what you're suggesting was patched out like 7 years ago. But no they're not going to detect you more if you use it more. Either they detect you, or they don't. and any decent pserver already scans for the regular WPE dll that is injected. Use a hex editor and change the name of the DLL it injects to something else in the .exe, and then rename the actual dll to that and you should be fine using it.

L2b's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not what I meant to say. What I meant was most of the posts I see regarding WPE are things like spell editing which you would use all the time. Why not just use WPE a few times to gear up your goy and be done with it

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fixed as far as I know, in every server I played/play. You can't even swap some trash item from a vendor to a trashier one, because it's server checked if the vendor can sell you that item you are trying to get. So what makes you think you can actually change quest rewards to tier tokens when you can't even buy a Blacksmith Hammer from a random npc? I think this is the same method they used years ago to get Shadowmourne for free on some servers.
    So in few words: if vendor/quest giver normally is not able to give you certain items (no matter their rarity), you can't obtain them, server blocks the action.
    Someone more expert than me could confirm this.

L2b's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry my knowledge of these things is limited. I didn't realized the server did all these checks on things. Is there anything left to use WPE for itemchanging/spellchanging wise on well-made private servers? or just the odd loophole that people find?