Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Nostalgic trip down memory lane... A quest I hope you guys can help!

Hi Guys!
    Not Sure if I got the right section.
    But here goes!

I am sure you guys can relate, like many of you, this was one game which I remember most fondly over any other games I’ve ever experienced. It was truly immersive and after over a decade, I’ve never been able to get that feeling again from any other game.
    I remember at that time, perhaps 1 month after launch, since the game was so new, everybody was pretty clueless. It gave us a real sense of adventure. I mean most of us didn’t know anything about anything at all…. How instance would unfold. We didn’t know which boss did what. Heck, even traveling to IF from Teldrassil for the first time was scary with mobs in wetlands showing skulls as their level and one/two shotting you. Because I didn’t know better, the danger was real! And it was sooo exiting!
    And seeing IF for the first time… omg I was in awe! it was truly magnificent.
    I remembered high levels coming over to Dolannar selling linen bags. There was literally a crowd waiting to purchase them.
    Things like this doesn’t happen anymore sadly.
    The general chat was lively (not exactly the Barrens kind but I missed that too later when I rolled horde)
    The literal nonstop chatter. People asking for directions. The how tos. Glowing weapons were cool and every newbie wants a +X beast slaying cause it was the cheapest glow… It doesn’t matter what it does, or if it’s a white weapon… as long as it glows! That very sense of innocence is now forever lost.
    I’ve made many friends too and sadly, I can never find them again. I got really addicted and decided to quit cold turkey before it devours my entire life… I should’ve kept in touch in other ways.

Anyways, enough of the introduction.
    I would like some help with experiencing the old fligh path… You may call it a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Like before when we had to make a stop at every flight master along the way… there was no direct flight. I would say sometime before patch 1.4?
    I kinda remember the flights was much longer.
    IronForge for example didn’t have gryphon tunnels and you had to make a round past AH (Am I correct on this or did I imagine this up?)
    Stonetalon to Barrens took a really long way around the hills instead of going through them.
    The clients I have (1.1.0 til 1.2.3) and the old emulators I have doesn’t seem to fly me anywhere… it just teleports me. I would so want to enjoy the scenery all over again. Would be great if someone can point me to the right direction. I really hope this is possible 
    Thank you for taking your time to read my post. Cheers!

A Nostalgic trip down memory lane... A quest I hope you guys can help!
    Veritable's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent
    Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen many servers get the flight paths correct. Most of them do what yours do (teleport) or they just fly in a straight line. But Good luck finding them. Your best bet would be to check out if there are any of the 'blizz like' servers that have the flight paths, that are around your version. Stick within the 1.1-1.6 range maybe. I'm sure even 2.0 would have it. They didn't change too much with the original flight paths until TBC anyway, and even if they did, there was probably not that much going on with them. I would say that I haven't notice massive significant changes until the middle to end of Wrath.

3. Thanks hackerlol, Carlson (2 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    Carlson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
    I haven't seen many servers get the flight paths correct. Most of them do what yours do (teleport) or they just fly in a straight line. But Good luck finding them. Your best bet would be to check out if there are any of the 'blizz like' servers that have the flight paths, that are around your version. Stick within the 1.1-1.6 range maybe. I'm sure even 2.0 would have it. They didn't change too much with the original flight paths until TBC anyway, and even if they did, there was probably not that much going on with them. I would say that I haven't notice massive significant changes until the middle to end of Wrath.
    Hi Veritable!

Didn't imagine I'd receive a reply so soon. Thank you for your response.

I've been googling for weeks if not months. All the working ones are always for some reason 1.12.1! I have no idea why lol.

Anyhow it would be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction in regards to pre 1.1-1.6 blizz like... the earlier the better of course

Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best help would be, what are you running for your server? Because if we know one that has it, you'd have to be able to import the flight paths to yours.

I don't have a 1.6 client so I can't test, but it would be something like getting this:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...p=sharing#list

which is a 1.6 Blizzlike server (self contained), and trying it. If the flight paths work, you would have to go through the correct table in the mysql db that contain the flight nodes (I think it is the transports table), and export all of the ones that you want/need, then apply any fixes/updates to the table structure to make it match your own database. After that, you import that with replacing the ones. You might have to do it manually, depending on the data structures.

To find out about the general structure, you would go from like, the structure for their 1.6 vs. your 1.1 or whatever you are going to import to.

You could then write an import sql code to do whatever you want, stored proc's to automate certain functions, etc
    Last edited by Veritable; 04-13-2016 at 06:44 PM.

6. Thanks Carlson (1 members gave Thanks to Veritable for this useful post)
    Carlson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best help would be, what are you running for your server? Because if we know one that has it, you'd have to be able to import the flight paths to yours.

I don't have a 1.6 client so I can't test, but it would be something like getting this:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...p=sharing#list

which is a 1.6 Blizzlike server (self contained), and trying it. If the flight paths work, you would have to go through the correct table in the mysql db that contain the flight nodes (I think it is the transports table), and export all of the ones that you want/need, then apply any fixes/updates to the table structure to make it match your own database. After that, you import that with replacing the ones. You might have to do it manually, depending on the data structures.

To find out about the general structure, you would go from like, the structure for their 1.6 vs. your 1.1 or whatever you are going to import to.

You could then write an import sql code to do whatever you want, stored proc's to automate certain functions, etc
    Oh my oh my! This is gonna be awesome! I'll try this out in a couple of hours... Thanks!!!

This is what I have

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-w...ew?usp=sharing

They seem rather small in size though.... nothing like the one you linked... Man, I can't hardly wait!

Many thanks!

Carlson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for posting again.

Am having trouble getting the server to work. Worldserver somewhat crashed and closed on its own. Authserver(no idea what these means) seems to be ok... Is there a general readme where I can run this easily?

Thanks again

Thanks G/R
    52/123
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well their prog says:
    The controls of this application are self explanatory. Before using it, you will have to define the locations of the respective executables. The server path needs to be pointed to the core folder in which the authserver and worldserver applications reside. The MySQL path needs to be pointed to the Server/MySQL/bin folder. Last but not least, the Apache path needs to be pointed to the Server/Apache/bin folder.

After successfuly pointing each path to the correct location, the red X will turn into a green checkmark indicating the application is ready to run.

If checked, the auth and world servers can automatically restart upon any crashes. Be sure to uncheck this box before trying to stop the servers. The MySQL server is mandatory for the auth and world servers to succesfully boot, the Apache server is optional.

1) The Apache server will not work if another application is utilizing port 80. (Such as Skype.) Please either close the application, or change the port in the Apache configuration. Aditionally, the Apache server will not function properly if Apache was installed as a service.

2) The servers will not function if the paths aren't set correctly. Please set them correctly as explained above.

3) This application will not properly work without the config file. Do not delete it.

You also have to make sure you have done the map extractor and all the stuff you normally do when you setup TrinityCore.
    Last edited by Veritable; 04-14-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Carlson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well their prog says:
    The controls of this application are self explanatory. Before using it, you will have to define the locations of the respective executables. The server path needs to be pointed to the core folder in which the authserver and worldserver applications reside. The MySQL path needs to be pointed to the Server/MySQL/bin folder. Last but not least, the Apache path needs to be pointed to the Server/Apache/bin folder.

After successfuly pointing each path to the correct location, the red X will turn into a green checkmark indicating the application is ready to run.

If checked, the auth and world servers can automatically restart upon any crashes. Be sure to uncheck this box before trying to stop the servers. The MySQL server is mandatory for the auth and world servers to succesfully boot, the Apache server is optional.

1) The Apache server will not work if another application is utilizing port 80. (Such as Skype.) Please either close the application, or change the port in the Apache configuration. Aditionally, the Apache server will not function properly if Apache was installed as a service.

2) The servers will not function if the paths aren't set correctly. Please set them correctly as explained above.

3) This application will not properly work without the config file. Do not delete it.

You also have to make sure you have done the map extractor and all the stuff you normally do when you setup TrinityCore.
    Hey Thanks again for the tip. I couldn't run the map extractor. Perhaps there are some pre extracted files?

Thanks in advance for your reply