0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blackmail other players with dupes

i am fairly new to working with WPE but already fit enough to find and execute my very own filters
    now i am trying to search for ISFs, ofcourse prior to that, i was reading a couple guides about all kinds of security measures one should do to avoid getting banned which got me thinking...

WHAT IF, i was to dupe an item on a new account, new character and new IP and then send those duped items straight to a guy "who i don't like so much"
    without deleting the duping character, it will leave a big, fat, footprint on the server caused by all the ISFs, as soon as a GM looks it up, the next thing that should be noticeable is that all the duped items were sent to the same character X over and over again in a very short time span, allowing for the following conclusion to be made:

"owner of character X made a new account, using VPN to dupe items and send them to himself via mail"

so now the simple question:
    what do you think about this?
    if the target person doesnt take the mail and instead reports it, obviously nothing will happen to him, but that means he wont get any profit out of the duped items
    if the target person is retarded enough to take the stuff, that should pretty much guarantee a ban if a GM notices it

...and to make a GM notice it, one may create a new account with a new char and ANOTHER IP, telling a GM that you have information from "various sources" about character X being involved in duping items... just like in old black and white, detective movies

blackmail other players with dupes
    jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing will happen to that player you're sending the items too.

what you're saying to do has been do before and nothing really happens at most the item will get taken away.

Gabgab's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems to be odd, if that was the case why not just straight out send the duped items directly via mail from the duper char to your own char?
    since you say "nothing happens", just play dumb and act as if you dont know anything

to OP:
    you might as well try it if you feel like it, nothing to lose after all