Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for some advice: Possible WoWemulator.com revival

Hi Guys,

I'm the original owner of WoWemulator.com - Got out of the private server scene a few years ago but kept the domain. After the mass ban yesterday on Live, I figure maybe now is a good time to kick things back in to action and revive WoWemulator.com.

Just have a few questions and hoping some kind and knowledgeable developer / admin will shed some light for me:

1) Is there any real stable release for MoP at the moment (or perhaps a private one that can be purchased)?

2) If not; what's the most recent and content release / core that is stable and can support custom content / items + BG / PvP

3) I'm looking for something that can support 1000+ concurrent connections on some decent cloud hosting.

P.S. I'm also looking for some developers to help with main site setup / server setup and custom content development - These are paid positions (Bitcoin available too) and commissioned positions for reputable devs, to help get things kicked off. I've got a few bucks I'm willing to throw at this. Please contact me if you feel you may be a good fit and have the time for a project like this.

Thanks!

Looking for some advice: Possible WoWemulator.com revival
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question 3 and 2 is answered by 3.3.5a TrinityCore. I have personally seen this used for a 1000+ player peak server and get more than 1 day uptime fine. Question 1, I don't know an awful lot about the private scene other than it exists. I try not to get involved. The current MoP servers have got there through paying developers to modify a TrinityCore private repository.

Use the stickied thread in the main emu section for recruitment.

Try not to put this subject across two threads.

powerflex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Question 3 and 2 is answered by 3.3.5a TrinityCore. I have personally seen this used for a 1000+ player peak server and get more than 1 day uptime fine. Question 1, I don't know an awful lot about the private scene other than it exists. I try not to get involved. The current MoP servers have got there through paying developers to modify a TrinityCore private repository.

Use the stickied thread in the main emu section for recruitment.

Try not to put this subject across two threads.
    After doing some research, I've noticed that Molten has 4.3.4 Cata servers with 3500 players, so it looks like Cata is the newest / most stable from what I can tell.

I'm really trying to avoid 3.3.5a, it's just so old and played out content wise for EMU. I realize it's the most versitle in terms of stability and custom content but as long as 4.3.4 is stable enough to run a few K players, seems like the way to go.

Now just to find some developers to help out

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by powerflex View Post
    After doing some research, I've noticed that Molten has 4.3.4 Cata servers with 3500 players, so it looks like Cata is the newest / most stable from what I can tell.

I'm really trying to avoid 3.3.5a, it's just so old and played out content wise for EMU. I realize it's the most versitle in terms of stability and custom content but as long as 4.3.4 is stable enough to run a few K players, seems like the way to go.

Now just to find some developers to help out
    Molten is stable because they have written their own software modifications and implementations upon a trinity core base. No public emulator beyond 3.3.5 is that stable. Finding developers for wow is hard as you need to understand the existing code base, how wow protocols work and to be good at c++. If you are good at this you are usually in a full time job that pays much more. Also have fun making sure people are programming well when you yourself can't program.

powerflex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Molten is stable because they have written their own software modifications and implementations upon a trinity core base. No public emulator beyond 3.3.5 is that stable. Finding developers for wow is hard as you need to understand the existing code base, how wow protocols work and to be good at c++. If you are good at this you are usually in a full time job that pays much more. Also have fun making sure people are programming well when you yourself can't program.
    Never said I can't program. I've hosted / developed many 3.3.5 servers just been out of the scene for a while. I used to help with tcore.

I wouldn't want to tackle something like this alone alone however. I work full time now and I wouldn't want to revive something like WoWemulator unless the project had legs and the right team.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said I can't program. I've hosted / developed many 3.3.5 servers just been out of the scene for a while. I used to help with tcore.

I wouldn't want to tackle something like this alone alone however. I work full time now and I wouldn't want to revive something like WoWemulator unless the project had legs and the right team.

Finding developers is hard for the reasons I stated, and the barriers to entry for new developers are higher than ever. There are literally hundreds of people who want to start projects and very few developers interested in working with somebody else on their stuff instead of focusing on their own ideas.

I wish you all the best anyway. It may be hard but is still possible.

shadeslayor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

I'm the original owner of WoWemulator.com - Got out of the private server scene a few years ago but kept the domain. After the mass ban yesterday on Live, I figure maybe now is a good time to kick things back in to action and revive WoWemulator.com.

Just have a few questions and hoping some kind and knowledgeable developer / admin will shed some light for me:

1) Is there any real stable release for MoP at the moment (or perhaps a private one that can be purchased)?

2) If not; what's the most recent and content release / core that is stable and can support custom content / items + BG / PvP

3) I'm looking for something that can support 1000+ concurrent connections on some decent cloud hosting.

P.S. I'm also looking for some developers to help with main site setup / server setup and custom content development - These are paid positions (Bitcoin available too) and commissioned positions for reputable devs, to help get things kicked off. I've got a few bucks I'm willing to throw at this. Please contact me if you feel you may be a good fit and have the time for a project like this.

Thanks!
    I am interested in helping out where I can. I have school and work which can take up some time, however weekends are typically free. I've setup plenty of servers, attempted to throw changes into it, but my biggest problem has always been purpose. Most of the builds I've mostly worked with arcemu, although I understand Trinity (or a build off it) is the direction to take when it comes to public hosting. I know C++, and have yet to come across a problem I can't solve (or understand) givin time, but I do have no experience in data mining or packet sniffing, so if we had someone who can help in those concepts (which would of course be things we need to look at in order to support MOP) I'm confident that I can pickup on that stuff and help in those areas. Instance scripting and general core fixes would be something I would be able to pickup and run with. I also play live and have since Vinilla so I have a fundamental understanding on how the game works and has evolved. I don't require payment, nor do I desire it as this would be more of a hobby for me.