Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help wiith setting up a WoW 2.4.3 server

Hello Ownedcore!

So the last days I've been doing a lot of research in how to create a World of Warcraft private server.
    I want to make a 2.4.3 server with blizzlike pvp and pve. I choose 2.4.3 since that was the expansion where i made it quite far in both pve and pvp and I've been longing for TBC ever since. And since Blizzard wont open old servers i guess i'll have to do it for them.
    I really like programming, I'm working with SQL and scripting HTML, C++, Csharp, CSS, VB, PHP and JS every day. I'm looking forward learning LUA also. I also have great knowledge when it comes to networks so i wouldn't have a problem making the server public / setting up website etc.

I've tried it out by downloading a repack with a bunch of scripts etc. I made the server public and me and a friend tried it out.
    Unfortunately it was a lot of bugs, terrible scripting and all of the items wasn't quite right.
    So now i want to make my own 2.4.3 core with working VMaps (Important with LoS and Collision) but i haven't found any descent guides.

So now, I have no idea were to start really and maybe you guys wanna help me out.
    What programs do i need to use? I've got Navicat, Visual Studio, Server management studio, Notepad++, TortoiseSVN so i'm pretty much set up for the most parts.
    How do i create maps and item databases? Do i create extract-files so i can extract the db from WoW?

I've downloaded Apache 2.4 and set up a working and stable website with PHP5, so that part is done.

I bet i'm not the only one wondering. And maybe you don't want to help me, it's quite a big deal starting from the scratch, most serverns sucks, i know this, but maybe you could help me with small parts, like giving me some guides that have helped you etc.

Best Regards Jonathan!

Help wiith setting up a WoW 2.4.3 server