0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An object question!

Hello, I've been building custom zones with .go spawn for half a year now and the one thing that has been bothering me is the 'load distance' of objects.

I'm not sure how to explain it exactly but if you're like 80 ft away from a tree for example you won't be able to see it until you move a lot closer then it loads in. I'll try and upload a picture example below of this annoying phenomena.

An object question!-wowscrnshot_120713_171816-jpg
    An object question!-wowscrnshot_120713_171820-jpg

Is there anyway to make all objects i've spawned stay loaded? Thank you so much. I've poked around youtube leaving this question on various building videos but nobody has been able to give me an answer, again thanks!

some info:

I'm using 3.3.5a ArcEmu client and HeidiSQL database, also I'm using Patch - D for extra objects >>

Furthermore if this is a problem due to me using ArcEmu, how would I go about switching to ManGos for example without -losing- all of the building I've done >> (7 months of hard work) Thank you!
    Last edited by Atlamillia; 12-07-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Additional info.

An object question!
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't be using ArcEmu. No databases converter exists.

worldmap_info stores a unload distance for objects. When you see them is hardcoded into the emulator in the cell system. You can increment all references of this but it is not something I can explain easily, you would have to figure it out.

You can use static spawns to make objects always pushed to all players but static objects have limited functionality.

Atlamillia's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for replying, could anyone give me a rundown of changing all of my spawned objects to static ones (I don't mind if you can't 'use' them, they're all decorations anyway.) And also how to adjust worldmap_info to fix unload or load distances. thank you!!

Appled's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check out from ArcEmu wiki this table called gameobject_staticspawns (Gameobject staticspawns - ArcEmu-Wiki).

I don't have server currently on my laptop so I can't help you more.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Appled View Post
    You should check out from ArcEmu wiki this table called gameobject_staticspawns (Gameobject staticspawns - ArcEmu-Wiki).

I don't have server currently on my laptop so I can't help you more.
    This. You can select and dump your gameobject_spawns without the id column using SQL queries then execute them into the gameobject_staticspawns table as the structure is the same.

Worldmap_info unload distance is the 2nd to last column: Worldmap info - ArcEmu-Wiki

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please forgive my vanilla experience when it comes to fiddling with the database but although you explained what I should do, I'm not quite sure what everything you said 'means' exactly.

How to I select and dump my gameobject_spawns 'without the id column' using SQL queries?

-I'm not sure what SQL queries are!

-Then what do you mean by executing them into the gameobject_Staticspawn table 'as their structure is the same?'

-I'm pretty lost ;o;

Additional; I've adjusted the unload distance but that is only a half-fix for me, as you still have to load it all in every time, (which is alot, my zones are expansive.)
    Thanks for your patience with me >.<!
    Last edited by Atlamillia; 12-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doing it for you. You will have to learn MySQL queries to be able to continue.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nor did I ask you to *Eyeroll* I was simply looking for some clarity so I could understand what exactly I needed to do. I don't know MySQL and I really don't have the time to learn it, I'm a full time college student and I work full time as well. Also from what I can tell, there are a whole lot of people in my same boat as I've noticed scouring the internet in search of an answer for this question,

and there is no 'guide' or anything for us to follow, leaving us at dead ends.

I wasn't asking you to do it for me, I was only asking for helpful information, telling me to go learn MySQL isn't really helping me, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Atlamillia; 12-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Atlamillia View Post
    Nor did I ask you to *Eyeroll* I was simply looking for some clarity so I could understand what exactly I needed to do. I don't know MySQL and I really don't have the time to learn it, I'm a full time college student and I work full time as well. Also from what I can tell, there are a whole lot of people in my same boat as I've noticed scouring the internet in search of an answer for this question,

and there is no 'guide' or anything for us to follow, leaving us at dead ends.

I wasn't asking you to do it for me, I was only asking for helpful information, telling me to go learn MySQL isn't really helping me, unfortunately.
    What you need to know for MySQL can be learnt in a couple of hours. It is not hard. So yes, go learn MySQL. You cannot expect to develop without having a clue what you are working with.

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learnt isn't a word :P Anywho, I'm not trying to develop much. My only issue will forever be making my gameobjects static. It would be nice if there was some kind of guide out there as learning coding and such is soo excessive just to do one small action.